.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: 2nd Round/ Undrafted Gems.

  1. #1

    Draft 2nd Round/ Undrafted Gems.

    Sooo with the recent lottery, Im sure folks are still bummed that we didn't win, but seriously guys we WILL get a pretty good player at 40. Enough with Pelicans Report pessimistic boring topics, we have two top ten players in the world on our team, and how this draft is shaping up, we will have a bright new player to be estatic with. Now this draft is loaded, and when i say loaded, i mean possibly some lottery talent like OG Anuoby can possibly fall even to the 40th slot. This draft class is expected to have the most freshmen drafted ever, which mean two things:

    The Pelicans will have a buffet of talent to draft from with the 40th pick, and also some amazing ****** talented college star will go undrafted, and right on time this will make the Pellies new G-league squad and summer league team watchable and as the young kids say "lit".

    Here are some prospects you guys should keep an stern eye for, and keep in mind that this is my power rankings based on potential for whos there, and fit.

    1# Semi Ojeleye- SF 6'7- SMU Freaking BEAST. Dude nickname is the terminator, and he is an absolute winner. Crazy work ethic, athleticism, respected 3pt shot, pretty good IQ.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p_MXyYJu0I

    2# Jonah Bolden- SF/PF 6'10- Serbia/UCLA Easily the most underrated talented player in this draft class IMO. MM from BBS Pelicans blog made me aware of this kid, and my oh my i was impressed. High IQ, defensive rebounder and blocker, crazy athelete and speed for his size, and really good shooter. Dude looks like a poor man KAT. Seriously. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywvvz3GaK1E

    3# Monte Morris- PG 6'3- Iowa State I honestly dont get why this dude is ranked higher. The biggest knock i see on him is that he is a senior, but dude can flat out play PG and is quick as hell. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3ZkkzWNEvQ

    4# Nigel Williams Goss- PG 6'5 -Gonzaga The safest second round pick of the draft. High IQ, winner, leader, and can score his ****** off and "put the team on his back doeeeee" I think he will be the next Darren Collinson or Jermemy Lin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuJLpTKB7d8

    5# Peter Jok- SG 6-5- Iowa This kid, if he stays in the draft, will unlikely go undrafted but will an great role player, or starter for years to come in the NBA. One of the best shooters in the draft, as some folks call him a poors man Klay Thompson with not the defense. IMO if he develops, his floor is Anthony Morrow, ceiling is Kevin Martin SAC style. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_eU1V06f8

    The next players are players who can possibly slide and will be homeruns.

    1# Juwan Evans- PG -OK State Bruh, this dude is called the poor man CP3, dont believe me? Just watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaEOiaQdVa4

    2# OG Anuoby- SF- Indy Would have been number 1, but coming off a injury, soooo yea. Dude has improved massively every year so its possible we can get a legit good starter at SF with him. Great athlete and high IQ on defense. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR0T9VsX45Y

    3# Hamidu Diallo- SG 6'6 -Highschool somewhere in Queens

    Dude is this drafts Thon Maker if he stays, but honestly if he falls to us, yes we will have two Diallo, yes it will scare the hell out of me and get me excited, and yes he will be another pet project.

    But this kid has massive potential, i recommend his doc on youtube, but the kid is the most athleitc in this years draft and is considered the best SG in high school for 2017 class. Crazy potential that you cant pass on.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmhMQlM4m3I

    Alright guys, who yall picks? This draft is crazy deep, so dont be down yall, the Pels will get some good talent and summer league is gonna be a blast.
    Last edited by Silverfoxx; 05-18-2017 at 11:06 AM.
    CAW CAW!!!

    -Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

  2. #2
    Thanks for adding the videos bc I honestly have no clue who most of these guys are lol

  3. #3
    Jedi Knight eballa1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    624
    Would love to get Nigel Williams Goss

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Thanks for adding the videos bc I honestly have no clue who most of these guys are lol
    No problem! Bro we will have a shot at some good talent. I'm really happy with our position in this draft. Also guys if you see any tweets for players we Interview please post in this thread.

    We shall all be estatic, also our G League team is coming right on time

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Would love to get Nigel Williams Goss
    Yup, NWG is gonna be in the NBA for a long time. Demps and company are looking for winners with good IQ. If we walk away with NWG and Jonah Bolden or Semi Ojeleye, I would be estatic. Alot of good players will go Undrafted. I pray to God we scoop up Peter Jok for summer league

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    No problem! Bro we will have a shot at some good talent. I'm really happy with our position in this draft. Also guys if you see any tweets for players we Interview please post in this thread.

    We shall all be estatic, also our G League team is coming right on time
    I'm really liking semi or og I just don't know if semi is going to be there cause that dude looks like he should be a first rounder

  7. #7
    Rawle Atkins, Sindarious Thornwell, and Jordan Bell are more good prospects.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    I'm really liking semi or og I just don't know if semi is going to be there cause that dude looks like he should be a first rounder
    The eye test tells you that, but Semi did not have a good combine, and scouts are worried that since he played PF mostly in college, that he would struggle guarding 3s in the NBA. I don't think he will, I'm praying we get him. I think he is worth the gamble and can possibly be better than OG Anuoby in the NBA

  9. #9
    All-Star Tomdda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    381
    Dude, you think OG Anunoby is going to fall to pick #40? Okay then.

    On a similar but unrelated note, I've got some oceanfront property in Nebraska I'd like to sell you.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Dude, you think OG Anunoby is going to fall to pick #40? Okay then.

    On a similar but unrelated note, I've got some oceanfront property in Nebraska I'd like to sell you.
    Yea I agree, most sites have him as a late lottery or early 20's pick, but for some reason nbadraft.net has him in the second round, which seems unlikely. Guess ya never know what could happen, but I wouldn't count on it.

    A good list there for sure, though. Wesley Iwundu should also be on the radar there, and also Devin Robinson. Frank Jackson also seems like he could be a good prospect if he drops to #40, and Jaron Blossomgame could be a good back-up plan if all these more potential options get picked already.

  11. #11
    Not a big fan of Wesley Iwundu.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Dude, you think OG Anunoby is going to fall to pick #40? Okay then.

    On a similar but unrelated note, I've got some oceanfront property in Nebraska I'd like to sell you.
    I honestly don't think he or Juwan Evans will. But keep in mind for whatever reasons some players take massive leaps and massive falls. Last year Notor Dame Demetrius Jackson was considered a lottery pick, and fail all the way to 52 or something. While Tho Maker, and 2nd round mystery went 10 lmao.

    Strange things has happened.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Not a big fan of Wesley Iwundu.
    I think I prefer Iwundu over all players you listed. I understand the concern about the hitch in his shot, but the guy can defend against 1 3 (may be some small ball 4 if he bulks up), he has high BBIQ, can play within the flow and run some PNR. He was also one of the best shooter in the combine showing that his work in the past summer to remold his shooting motion has done a lot and give him upside to keep improving.
    He has the complete package for what the Pels should look for and play in the position of need.

    https://twitter.com/austingwalton/st...245824/photo/1
    Last edited by Blattman; 05-18-2017 at 11:59 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    I think I prefer Iwundu over all players you listed. I understand the concern about the hitch in his shot, but the guy can defend against 1 3 (may be some small ball 4 if he bulks up), he has high BBIQ, can play within the flow and run some PNR. He was also one of the best shooter in the combine showing that his work in the past summer to remold his shooting motion has done a lot and give him upside to keep improving.
    He has the complete package for what the Pels should look for and play in the position of need.

    https://twitter.com/austingwalton/st...245824/photo/1
    I understand what your saying, but I'm not buying into the hype yet. I'll do more research on him. MM loves him, and when I see him play I wasnt too blown away, but there is limited footage of him. Which kinda seems like a bad thing. I'm not really a big stats guy, however I'm not foolish to believe stats dont matter. Just wanna see impact whenever I see a player.

    James Blackmon Jr, I see impact

    Semi Ojeleye - I see impact

    NWG- I see impact

    Don't see that with Iwundu but I'm sure his stats don't lie.

  15. #15
    Og Anunoby is a guy I was hoping we could draft with our own 1st earlier in the year before the trades and his injury. I don't think he will fall, but if he does fall to the 2nd you go get him early like you did with Diallo.

  16. #16
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,051
    I expect Dell may strike again if someone will fall from the first round

    he may offer Pels 2018 second rounder for a team with multiple picks

    curious who he loves


    P.S. I love DMC trade, but it would be nice to have this Philly 2nd rounder...

  17. #17
    I like Monte Morris and Peter Jok. My other choice is to trade for Demetrius Jackson. Boston is loaded with points and he should be very available.

  18. #18
    With us being cap strapped I could see us buying our way into the 1st round, or buying a 2nd rounder. We need cheap talent on this roster, and rather than go the NBADL route, we should get ahead of things and actually draft somebody.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    With us being cap strapped I could see us buying our way into the 1st round, or buying a 2nd rounder. We need cheap talent on this roster, and rather than go the NBADL route, we should get ahead of things and actually draft somebody.
    Do you guys think Dell trade the pick 40? The guys we are scouting and Interviewed so far are mostly players with Undrafted grades.

    Man I hope I'm wrong.

  20. #20
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    public housing
    Posts
    2,353
    If he can get a vet for that 2nd round pick I think he'd prefer to move it. He'd have to match salaries and find someone willing to take marginal players or dead money (Qpon). But he could also attach it to 2018 1st round pick to make a larger deal more attractive. This team views Jrue as a SG. I think somehow we come away with a starting PG at the end of the offseason, and Dell will use anything at his disposal to do so. So yes, that pick is probably gone.

  21. #21
    Good point, or to flip it the other way, he can be scouting players strictly to fill out our G League roster. Getting 2nd round players will be a cheap affordable alternative for this this team.

  22. #22
    The Franchise pawel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, Poland
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Do you guys think Dell trade the pick 40? The guys we are scouting and Interviewed so far are mostly players with Undrafted grades.

    Man I hope I'm wrong.
    at the combine we interviewed first / early second talents.
    Wait and see who will come for the workouts.
    Dont expect official announcments.

    Some second hand infos or tweets from agents.
    Too early to predict
    Last edited by pawel; 05-19-2017 at 12:52 PM.

  23. #23
    All-Star Tomdda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Youngsville, LA
    Posts
    381
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I honestly don't think he or Juwan Evans will. But keep in mind for whatever reasons some players take massive leaps and massive falls. Last year Notor Dame Demetrius Jackson was considered a lottery pick, and fail all the way to 52 or something. While Tho Maker, and 2nd round mystery went 10 lmao.

    Strange things has happened.
    I'll concede you make a valid point, but I certainly wouldn't bet my retirement on OGA falling to the 2nd round, much less 40.

    Honestly, I don't give a rat's *** who they pick at 40, so long as the guy ends up being a decent contributor to winning basketball.

  24. #24
    Josh Hart anyone? He could be the Malcolm Brogdon of this year's draft.

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Josh Hart anyone? He could be the Malcolm Brogdon of this year's draft.
    Big fan here, he's quite close to a perfect fit (great 3 point shooter with defensive toughness) but since he's only 6'5, it's hard to envision him playing at the 3 so that's why Iwundu has a small edge for me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •