Pelicans Report

Thread: Jordan Clarkson?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Jordan Clarkson?

Lakers will be looking to make room in their rotation for Lonzo and free up cap room for a big free agent push in 2018 (Paul George). Clarkson has 3 yrs/$37m left on his deal and could be available. I don't really know anything about his game, but I know people thought highly of him a couple of years ago. Is he someone that could be a Dell target this summer? He's played both SG and PG, but I don't know which he's more natural at.

I'd take him over Holiday on his new deal. Just don't know what we can offer that will make sense for the Lakers. If they trade Clackson it'll probably be paired with either Deng or Mozgov to clear up space. We can afford to take on either. If the Sixers take Jackson I can see them trading for Clarkson.

All-Star
    Clarkson, Bledsoe or Knight would be three players that gives us that score which we need

if only Clarkson gives us defense we need

The problem is that we have almost no assets to use to acquire any solid players.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The problem is that we have almost no assets to use to acquire any solid players.
    2017 2nd round pick. 2018 1st round pick. 2020 1st round pick (could be valuable if Boogie leaves and AD ask to be traded).

I know people are tired of trading 1st round picks, but this has become our M.O., and our roster isn't geared toward taking a rookie unless it's an elite top 3 type player. We have the assets, IMO, to go get a guy, just not an elite guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    2017 2nd round pick. 2018 1st round pick. 2020 1st round pick (could be valuable if Boogie leaves and AD ask to be traded).

I know people are tired of trading 1st round picks, but this has become our M.O., and our roster isn't geared toward taking a rookie unless it's an elite top 3 type player. We have the assets, IMO, to go get a guy, just not an elite guy.
    But continued trading away of future draft picks coupled with bungled free agency signings is a recipe for disaster. We have no quality depth and if we trade future picks foe "non-elite" players, what will we have?

But continued trading away of future draft picks coupled with bungled free agency signings is a recipe for disaster. We have no quality depth and if we trade future picks foe "non-elite" players, what will we have?
    A team around AD and Cousins.

I think Clarkson is little more than a bench gunner. Can't run an offense, can't play defense. Doesn't provide much more than Jordan Crawford. Moore is a better fit for cheaper price.

What would it take to get Russell (as there have been rumors that teams are contacting Lakers about him)?

What would it take to get Russell (as there have been rumors that teams are contacting Lakers about him)?
    Too much for it to be worth it for us. Is it possible? Yeah. Is it worth it considering what we would have to give up plus his skill/fit on the team? No.

Thread Information