Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Draft lottery question

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Whoa . I think his father has already made up his mind where he is going.
    So,, now you are transferring your veiled soliloquy into arguing amongst YOURSELF . Wow! Lolol

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Is it realistic though? Boston is in win-now mode and would probably want as many win-now players as they can to make a run next year, too. And Bradley is a legit starter who played a key role in helping them get to the ECF. Smart can play some SF, too.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to just keep Bradley and have depth for another championship run next season, and then just risk letting him walk next offseason? Rather than just getting a non-lottery pick back when they'll already have another highly drafted rookie with the '18 Nets pick.
    Ainge is going to send the No. 1 overall pick, along w/ any package Utah wants & Boston is getting Hayward.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Celtics need D.C. to pass the Cavs.
    Dell needs to make he trade.
    We need Ball they need D.C.
    Cousins for Ball would get Dell fired on the spot. We'd go from automatic playoff team to guaranteed lottery team. That is a ridiculous idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Ainge is going to send the No. 1 overall pick, along w/ any package Utah wants & Boston is getting Hayward.
    Why does Boston need to do anything? Hayward is a UFA this summer.

Boston could just sign Hayward outright with capspace without trading any valuable picks or players.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Exactly, beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Boston could just sign Hayward outright with capspace without trading any valuable picks or players.
    Exactly. They're not trading anything for Hayward.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Exactly. They're not trading anything for Hayward.
    Sign & Trade allows Hayward to receive more pay ! & you DONT bring in a 40 million $$ salary w/out getting rid of salary. C'mon, what do you think S&T is for? It helps both teams involved & sweetens the pot for FA .

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Uh, Payroll ! Thus, the S&T was invented .

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Sign & Trade allows Hayward to receive more pay ! & you DONT bring in a 40 million $$ salary w/out getting rid of salary. C'mon, what do you think S&T is for? It helps both teams involved & sweetens the pot for FA .
    If they did a s/t they would never give up the #1 pick in a S/T. At most they'd give up someone like Rozier.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If they did a s/t they would never give up the #1 pick in a S/T. At most they'd give up someone like Rozier.
    For Gordon Hayward? Are you kidding me ? You must have misspoke? Yeah, that's it.

They're not giving up the #1 pick for a guy they can sign outright without giving up a thing. If Hayward doesn't choose to sign there, which I think he will, they will have plenty of other options.

So, what you are saying is Boston is going to sign Hayward to 35 millionish, keep their no. 1, & keep all of their IMPORTANT pieces, with Zero Cap ramifications. Thomas & Bradley are UFA's in 18. And Boston will have to either pay both of them big bucks are they walk. IT is playing for peanuts, as is Bradley right now. & Olynyk QO & Brown TO in 2018. If Boston wants Hayward & IT is there guy, they will definitely give their 1 in a S&T. Short term blinders are not good to have on. They can't pay everybody, so take care of future now. That's what S&T are

You realize that a S&T would assist the Celtics, right. It alleviates Cap situation for 2018 & beyond. Hey, if they sign Heyward straight up, that's cool, but if it's not there No. 1, it will be 2 other major contributors whom they will NOT be able to pay in 2018.

Draft lottery question

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Cousins for Ball would get Dell fired on the spot. We'd go from automatic playoff team to guaranteed lottery team. That is a ridiculous idea.
    Your correct it's ridiculous who would trade a superstar for an unknown straight up and at this time we don't know what Ball would be probably never be as good as D.C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 05-17-2017 at 10:07 PM.

So, what you are saying is Boston is going to sign Hayward to 35 millionish, keep their no. 1, & keep all of their IMPORTANT pieces, with Zero Cap ramifications. Thomas & Bradley are UFA's in 18. And Boston will have to either pay both of them big bucks are they walk. IT is playing for peanuts, as is Bradley right now. & Olynyk QO & Brown TO in 2018. If Boston wants Hayward & IT is there guy, they will definitely give their 1 in a S&T. Short term blinders are not good to have on. They can't pay everybody, so take care of future now. That's what S&T are
    No, if you took the time to read my other posts in this thread you would clearly see that I said that I expect the Celtics to trade either Bradley or Thomas, probably Bradley, for assets this off-season instead of letting him walk for nothing next off-season. But they would be fools to trade the number one pick for a player they could just sign outright.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Your correct it's ridiculous who would trade a superstar for an unknown straight up and at this time we don't know what Ball would be probably never be as good as D.C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No one with a brain.

Not anymore. The extra money is only available if the player re-signs with his team.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I think if Boston gets Fultz, they should sell high on Isiah Thomas. He'll be a 29 year old free agent after next year looking for $30m per foot. He's only 5'9", but that still a lot of money for someone who can't defend or ride Space Mountain.
    That's selling high alright. Meth head high. IT had a damn near mvp year and got them to where they are. Which is the EC finals. You don't trade that for an unknown rookie.

Sam Hinkie won the lottery. Think about what he assembled ( I know he was fired, but his mark was left on the 76ers this season), Embiid, Simmons, Josh Jackson (or Tatum), Saric, Okafor, Covington...that is a young team, that if given direction could really fly.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That's selling high alright. Meth head high. IT had a damn near mvp year and got them to where they are. Which is the EC finals. You don't trade that for an unknown rookie.
    Yeah, thats how you end up looking like the Kings or the Suns.

You know why Hayward isn't going to Boston? He can make more money in Utah. Lebron is still playing in the East, so nobody but the Cavs will be making the Finals for the next forever. Utah has a better roster than Boston. The Jazz are on a better trajectory than most any other team in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    You know why Hayward isn't going to Boston? He can make more money in Utah. Lebron is still playing in the East, so nobody but the Cavs will be making the Finals for the next forever. Utah has a better roster than Boston. The Jazz are on a better trajectory than most any other team in the NBA
    And the Warriors are in the West. Competitive balance is screwed in both conferences, not just the East.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    And the Warriors are in the West. Competitive balance is screwed in both conferences, not just the East.
    Yeah unless the league is coming up with a 3rd conference the league has two monsters on both sides. Right now LeBron is closer to leaving his prime than Durant and Curry are.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Sam Hinkie won the lottery. Think about what he assembled ( I know he was fired, but his mark was left on the 76ers this season), Embiid, Simmons, Josh Jackson (or Tatum), Saric, Okafor, Covington...that is a young team, that if given direction could really fly.
    Safe to say you'd prefer Hinkie to Dempsey? I mean, Dimple. I mean, Durwood.

Thread Information