Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Draft lottery question

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Only reason for Boston to do that is the F with the Lakers. Ainge is petty, but not that petty. Fultz is the consensus #1 pick. They won't take Ball.
    Literally your opinion so thanks for that I guess?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

And this is why the nba is a joke you're gonna tell me that none of those 3 walked with the ball yeeeea okay

Looks like M.M. had a meltdown too. Thoughts and prayers! What happened to Bowers mustache anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Sounds like a narrowly carved exception. The Celtics are the #1 seed in the East. How many championships has that franchise won?
    If they beat the Cavs maybe Hayward will get hate. Until then I don't see it.

What Durant did was way worse in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    How about you go and make your own thread so you can talk all of the crap you want and leave everyone else alone

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Lakers owe there 2018 pick unprotected to the 76ers.

Would anyone offer our 2018 pick to the Lakers for Russell?

76ers have #3 this year, Lakers pick next year (unprotected), and Kings pick in 2019 (unprotected). And they have max cap space. Jrue and Justin can both go there and be vet leaders on a young team with lots of promise and very little pressure next year. It's literally house (max) money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If they beat the Cavs maybe Hayward will get hate. Until then I don't see it.

What Durant did was way worse in my eyes.
    I guess. But only worse by marginal degrees right? The Celtics have won more championships than any franchise in the NBA and are this year's #1 seed. He'd still be ring chasing and joining the best (regular season) team in the Eastern Conference.

But I have no doubt he'd get a pass.

Is the last of the Celtics draft assets? Or did the snooker somebody else and have like 7 #1's still left in the tank.

Win game 7, win lottery, host game 1 of conference finals. That's an awesome 72 hours for "the most racist fans in the country!"

...They could realistically add Hayward and Jimmy Butler this summer. That's not fair.

Back to the draft. Josh Hart. Thoughts on him?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Boston takes Ball trades him to the Pelicans for D.C.
    Now Dell make the deal
    Whoa . I think his father has already made up his mind where he is going.

Banned
    Ball would be a Smoking deal for the Pelicans.
    Think about it some.
    What if DC decides to roll out end of season. which is very likely. If that happens we lose DC and Buddy.
    If we trade him this summer to Boston we get a Young Point Guard.
    We get a low salary player.
    We get to let Jrue hit the highway and save more money.
    Its a win win

Think about it some.
    What if DC decides to roll out end of season. which is very likely. If that happens we lose DC and Buddy.
    Its a win win

Agree. I think he dad is an excellent salesperson. However he wants to play with the Lakers.

Think about it some.
    Its a win win
    If Boston wanted DC, they could have easily gotten him from the Kings given their assets.

If I'm Dell Demps I would:
    be ringing Danny Ainge and the Celtics number as soon as the Cavs beat the Celtics for Avery Bradley in exchange for our 2018 1st round, Quincy Pondexter and Tim Frazier because they will likely get Lonzo Ball or Fultz which makes Bradley expendable, plus he only has 1 yr left on his contract. QP and Tim Frazier are both on the last year of their contracts and Tim is a quality player if they want to resign him.
    Then resign Jrue Holiday, release and stretch Asik and sign CJ Miles with the cap space and MLE
    Starters:
    pg: Jrue Holiday, sg, Avery Bradley, Solomon Hill, pf AD, c Demarcus Cousins
    Bench: Jordan Crawford, Etwaun Moore, sf:CJ Miles pf cheick Diallo c Ajincia
    I think this roster can compete with anyone in the NBA

Quote Originally Posted by AIP504 View Post
    be ringing Danny Ainge and the Celtics number as soon as the Cavs beat the Celtics for Avery Bradley in exchange for our 2018 1st round, Quincy Pondexter and Tim Frazier because they will likely get Lonzo Ball or Fultz which makes Bradley expendable, plus he only has 1 yr left on his contract. QP and Tim Frazier are both on the last year of their contracts and Tim is a quality player if they want to resign him.
    Then resign Jrue Holiday, release and stretch Asik and sign CJ Miles with the cap space and MLE
    Starters:
    Doubt they trade Bradley, and if they did, other teams would probably make a better offer.
    Terry Rozier could be the odd man out of the guard rotation, though. He would be a good addition, but probably not worth giving up a 1st round pick for.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I like that lineup

Quote Originally Posted by AIP504 View Post
    Starters:
    That is a reasonable and realistic scenario. I like Bradley a lot as a player. He provides good 3 point shooting and excellent defense. We would probably have the best defensive backcourt in the league with those two. There's other players, mainly true PG's that I'd prefer we trade that pick for to pair with Jrue, but Avery Bradley would be a good consolation prize if we couldn't land one of the top PG's in a trade. And Miles would be a smart target for the MLE in that scenario.

Boston is almost positively taking Fultz with the #1 pick, if not Fultz than Ball. That means that one of their two starting guards- Thomas or Bradley, won't be in their long-term plans. I'd love to trade for either player.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    That is a reasonable and realistic scenario. I like Bradley a lot as a player. He provides good 3 point shooting and excellent defense. We would probably have the best defensive backcourt in the league with those two. There's other players, mainly true PG's that I'd prefer we trade that pick for to pair with Jrue, but Avery Bradley would be a good consolation prize if we couldn't land one of the top PG's in a trade. And Miles would be a smart target for the MLE in that scenario.

Boston is almost positively taking Fultz with the #1 pick, if not Fultz than Ball. That means that one of their two starting guards- Thomas or Bradley, won't be in their long-term plans. I'd love to trade for either player.
    Is it realistic though? Boston is in win-now mode and would probably want as many win-now players as they can to make a run next year, too. And Bradley is a legit starter who played a key role in helping them get to the ECF. Smart can play some SF, too.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to just keep Bradley and have depth for another championship run next season, and then just risk letting him walk next offseason? Rather than just getting a non-lottery pick back when they'll already have another highly drafted rookie with the '18 Nets pick.

I think it is realistic because the Celtics really need another go-to scorer and Fultz can be that guy who can play on or off the ball... I get that its not probable but if Im the Pelicans, Im inquiring about him and or a situation like that 1... But he is the type of player we need at the 2 to compliment our 2 bigs and Jrue if we keep Jrue...

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Is it realistic though? Boston is in win-now mode and would probably want as many win-now players as they can to make a run next year, too. And Bradley is a legit starter who played a key role in helping them get to the ECF. Smart can play some SF, too.

Wouldn't it make more sense for them to just keep Bradley and have depth for another championship run next season, and then just risk letting him walk next offseason? Rather than just getting a non-lottery pick back when they'll already have another highly drafted rookie with the '18 Nets pick.
    Boston isn't going to the finals, atleast not for a few years. Bradley will be a UFA after next season, so they can trade him this off-season for assets or watch him walk after the season. So yeah, I think it's very realistic.

Boston isn't going to the finals, atleast not for a few years. Bradley will be a UFA after next season, so they can trade him this off-season for assets or watch him walk after the season. So yeah, I think it's very realistic.
    Maybe ya'll are right, I'm just thinking with IT's defensive deficiencies (and Fultz is average and rookie on Defense), they need a primary guard defender like Bradley to cover for him. But I guess M. Smart and Rozier could help fill that role.

I do agree that Bradley would be an awesome fit on the Pels, though. Would be great to see that trade happen, hopefully other interested teams wouldn't offer better picks and players.

Horford/ Zizic/ Zeller

Hayward/ Crowder
    Smart / Fultz
    Thomas/ Rozier
    Last edited by Rheem654; 05-17-2017 at 03:58 PM.

I think if Boston gets Fultz, they should sell high on Isiah Thomas. He'll be a 29 year old free agent after next year looking for $30m per foot. He's only 5'9", but that still a lot of money for someone who can't defend or ride Space Mountain.

Too late. He's already a Pelican on my 2k.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Maybe ya'll are right, I'm just thinking with IT's defensive deficiencies (and Fultz is average and rookie on Defense), they need a primary guard defender like Bradley to cover for him. But I guess M. Smart and Rozier could help fill that role.

I do agree that Bradley would be an awesome fit on the Pels, though. Would be great to see that trade happen, hopefully other interested teams wouldn't offer better picks and players.

Horford/ Zizic/ Zeller

Hayward/ Crowder
    Smart / Fultz
    Thomas/ Rozier
    It comes down to how they envision IT's fit moving forward. If they view him as a long-term fit, then they can get away with playing him and Fultz together and trading Bradley due to their defensive depth at the wing positions. If we retain Jrue, Jrue + Bradley would make an amazing defensive combination, and Bradley can also stretch the floor on the offensive end with his perimeter shooting. The issue with that combination however would be the lack of playmaking ability, which is why he's a more ideal fit next to another point guard like Bledsoe or Rubio...players who can consistently penetrate and create scoring opportunities for others.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 05-17-2017 at 07:19 PM.

Banned
    Celtics need D.C. to pass the Cavs.
    Dell needs to make he trade.
    We need Ball they need D.C.

Thread Information