Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft lottery question

We get a top three pick it's probably going to Chicago for Butler and I'd be good with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    We get a top three pick it's probably going to Chicago for Butler and I'd be good with that

Yea the Butler trade would be awesome indeed. I do also like the idea of trading for Kemba Walker + Batum, though. Or Middleton + Brogdon + pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Yea the Butler trade would be awesome indeed. I do also like the idea of trading for Kemba Walker + Batum, though. Or Middleton + Brogdon + pick.
    MM was talking about trades along these lines a couple weeks back. I know the general consensus is to go after PG or Butler but I would rather do either of these trades (or ones similar). We have our stars now we need solid starters. Imagine:

Kemba
    Moore
    Batum
    AD
    Boogie

That's a top 3 team automatically. I think getting a star like PG or Butler is going to have more growing pains than adding 2-3 good starters. Also I'm hesitant on Butler in general but thats a whole other topic. Odds have it that none of this will happen anyway but it's fun to think about it.
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post

That would be awesome if we can trade a top 3 pick and Hill (salary dumb) for Jimmy Butler. Also, We can work out a deal to somehow get Rubio from the Wolves. I know I'm dreaming but that would be sweet!

I am way too excited for the lottery. Damn my optimism.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I just have the weirdest feeling that we're going to get a top-3 pick. Been feeling it for weeks, and today's media coverage has been strangely mentioning us in the top-3. Ramona Shelbourne was interviewing Lonzo and LaVar Ball and asked how he'd feel if he didn't go to the Lakers, but instead went to another high pick "like New York or New Orleans." Then just a few minutes ago, I see a round table discussion, and they all start talking about how great it would be for the Pels franchise is Boogie and Davis got some help with a top-3 pick.

Weird, but exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    That would be awesome if we can trade a top 3 pick and Hill (salary dumb) for Jimmy Butler. Also, We can work out a deal to somehow get Rubio from the Wolves. I know I'm dreaming but that would be sweet!
    I do wish we could find a way to get Rubio if Thibs is still down on him.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    I just have the weirdest feeling that we're going to get a top-3 pick. Been feeling it for weeks, and today's media coverage has been strangely mentioning us in the top-3. Ramona Shelbourne was interviewing Lonzo and LaVar Ball and asked how he'd feel if he didn't go to the Lakers, but instead went to another high pick "like New York or New Orleans." Then just a few minutes ago, I see a round table discussion, and they all start talking about how great it would be for the Pels franchise is Boogie and Davis got some help with a top-3 pick.

Weird, but exciting!
    I thought I was the only one lol its crazy to think especially with those odds of getting it lol

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Who did we send to the lottery tonight? Gentry again? Should have sent someone that has better luck.
    Last edited by Champ; 05-16-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Weird, but exciting!
    Me too bud. I'm trying to temper my expectations, but the possibilities that could arise with a Top 3 pick are endless.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Me too bud. I'm trying to temper my expectations, but the possibilities that could arise with a Top 3 pick are endless.

Weird, but exciting!
    Same. It's just a weird feeling I'm getting as well. Like last year when we were had the 6th pick, I never really had the vibes that we were gonna win. Haven't had this vibe since 2012 lottery when we got AD. I know what the odds are saying, but idk man. Something just feel off. In the best way possible.

Honestly if we don't win, I'm estatic for our second rounder. Alot of good players will be there still.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Same. It's just a weird feeling I'm getting as well. Like last year when we were had the 6th pick, I never really had the vibes that we were gonna win. Haven't had this vibe since 2012 lottery when we got AD. I know what the odds are saying, but idk man. Something just feel off. In the best way possible.

Honestly if we don't win, I'm estatic for our second rounder. Alot of good players will be there still.
    This I was trying figure out the last time I had that feeling and it was ad but hey of we don't get meh little disappointed but that's about it

Judging by what is on twitter the Pelicans have begun work on that 2nd round draft pick

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/s...41341665157124

2nd round should be decent this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    How about you go and make your own thread so you can talk all of the crap you want and leave everyone else alone

Or better yet, he should just make his own forum and leave this one. Dude is so freaking annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Or better yet, he should just make his own forum and leave this one. Dude is so freaking annoying.
    Lol right? This place used to be fun and have some quality to it. It still does but not as much and it sucks

Lol right? This place used to be fun and have some quality to it. It still does but not as much and it sucks

Use the block feature. I can't emphasize it enough. I used it on two posters (I'm sure you can guess who) and my experience here has been enhanced to say the least.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If the Pelicans got the 1st pick, would the Wizards consider #1 and a future pick for John Wall?
    No

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    MM was talking about trades along these lines a couple weeks back. I know the general consensus is to go after PG or Butler but I would rather do either of these trades (or ones similar). We have our stars now we need solid starters. Imagine:

Kemba
    Moore
    Batum
    AD
    Boogie

That's a top 3 team automatically. I think getting a star like PG or Butler is going to have more growing pains than adding 2-3 good starters. Also I'm hesitant on Butler in general but thats a whole other topic. Odds have it that none of this will happen anyway but it's fun to think about it.
    I'd give my left foot for Walker @12 mill for a couple of yrs., but ain't no way I'm taking Batum on that contract. Especially if we have to give Boogie 30+
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-16-2017 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I'd give my left foot for Walker @12 mill for a couple of yrs., but ain't know way I'm taking Batum on that contract. Especially if we have to give Boogie 30+
    On the plus side, you're more than likely shedding Asik's contract in that transaction, while filling a position of need.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    No
    Maybe Beal?

How about you go and make your own thread so you can talk all of the crap you want and leave everyone else alone

I'm sorry I went off on you but remember this is a forum I'm entitled to my opinion, just like you are entitled to your opinion on my threads. It is open season. This is just pure venting.

Where are ppl following this?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I'm sorry I went off on you but remember this is a forum I'm entitled to my opinion, just like you are entitled to your opinion on my threads. It is open season. This is just pure venting.
    It's ok man. We still love you bro

Thread Information