Pelicans Report

Thread: TBW: New Orleans Pelicans continue to emit waves of incompetence

Pelicans TBW: New Orleans Pelicans continue to emit waves of incompetence

http://www.thebirdwrites.com/2017/5/...source=twitter

So Anita Demps is on twitter now?

Anyway

Then check out the following two replies to his tweet.

@hanx3sports @FletcherWDSU Word
    — Anita Demps (@carmendrake) May 11, 2017

Yep, that appears to be Anita Demps, the wife of general manager Dell Demps. While we undoubtedly cannot conclude if Dell is in precisely the same situation as Alvin, Anita has made it known that it’s merely business as usual, nothing to see here.

Yet, forgive those of us who find it very difficult to believe ‘business as usual’ construes something positive. If the Pelicans are serious about conveying a first-class image, making New Orleans a top free agent destination, and in general, care about doing things the right way, the publicly scrutinized head coach and general manager cannot continue to endlessly operate in limbo. They deserve to be treated with far greater respect from above — in this particular case, Mickey Loomis, Tom Benson and the rest of the all-too-quiet brass — so that the two men may carry out their responsibilities fully and appear to be on equal footing as their peers around the NBA.

When asked about whether he had received any assurances from ownership about his job status at the season-ending presser, Demps replied, "The season just ended yesterday. I walk in here everyday excited about my job. I don't ever feel the pressure or anything like that. Right now, we're in evaluation mode. We're going to sit back, I'm going to meet with Alvin, and we're going to go over the whole season.”

Although Demps dodged the question, Gentry did not.

"Haven't had that (talk with ownership), that'll happen soon, I'm sure," Gentry said. "It's not anything that I spend a lot of time worrying about. I'm at the office and I'm working and I'm preparing for the summer like I normally do that.

One day after the regular season wrapped up, Gentry was sure he would soon get an opportunity to talk with ownership about his job. A time period of one month is miles and miles from soon. And look, he’s still waiting!

You want Anthony Davis to remain with the Pelicans for life? Interested in keeping DeMarcus Cousins beyond this year? Care to put an end to all those questionable comments about the organization made by former players? Want fans and media alike to believe your commitment to the team is wholly positive and unwavering?

Then start acting like you give a damn!
    Well said Oleh!

Yeah come to think of it Anita is right.

For anyone like me wondering if Anita's tweet actually had anything in it, there is a "Word" at the end after fletcher's handle. I missed it so thought I'd help others

They have a job to do, keep doing it until told otherwise. That's how the rest of the world operates.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    For anyone like me wondering if Anita's tweet actually had anything in it, there is a "Word" at the end after fletcher's handle. I missed it so thought I'd help others

They have a job to do, keep doing it until told otherwise. That's how the rest of the world operates.
    Don't know about that. The tweet seems to have been deleted now? Can't find it. Anway judging by her retweets it seems like she would be a great GM!

https://twitter.com/carmendrake

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This is clearly the offseason and not much going on...

Going to be a long 6 weeks or so until July.

"R.E.L.A.X"

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This is clearly the offseason and not much going on...

Going to be a long 6 weeks or so until July.

"R.E.L.A.X"
    Especially when the off-season topics for Pelicans was on fire back in March onwards haha.

Champ, where has your boy David Fisher been?

Oleh has been doing all the writing over at TBW lately.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post

Guessing he has probably taken time off to be with the newborn/help his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post

Probably to busy with new child. As far as I know he is still posting on twitter.

Banned
    I still hold out hope for this Ball Club.
    Alvin Gentry aka 30 Win Alvin will be released from his further dismantlement of this Team.
    I was not impressed with his performance at all in 164 games.
    DC arrived and nothing changed at ALL.
    The So Called Great month of March that sucked. If he and people see that as a future to a 50 win season need to wake up!!
    60 wins in 2 years is what is Fact.

FYI Anita came out and refuted that article

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    FYI Anita came out and refuted that article
    Did she really need to refute it? Just add more fuel to the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Yep. A part of the article was using her tweet "word" to support the notion that "business as usual" meant the ownership hasn't given the definitive word to Dell and Gentry - hence the waves of incompetence. She came out and said, no it's the opposite. Business as usual means there's nothing to talk about. She needed to refute it because the article was misinterpreting her tweet to support their assertion.

There's no fuel being added to any fire. The only fire that exists is in the minds of fans like yourself. In a normal job, your boss doesn't randomly come out and tell you that "hey just so you know, we aren't firing you". It's business as usual.
    Last edited by Kumar; 05-12-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Gentry should not have to give as nuanced of an answer as he did. It seems like the Saints staff aren't able to do timely year end evaluations of the Pelicans staff. Maybe Lauscha should be handling the Pelicans owner proxy role and not Loomis. I'm assuming he's not as involved with the draft as Loomis and the overlap of NFL Free Agency and the draft with the end of the NBA season appears to be the problem here.

Yep. A part of the article was using her tweet "word" to support the notion that "business as usual" meant the ownership hasn't given the definitive word to Dell and Gentry - hence the waves of incompetence. She came out and said, no it's the opposite. Business as usual means there's nothing to talk about. She needed to refute it because the article was misinterpreting her tweet to support their assertion.

There's no fuel being added to any fire. The only fire that exists is in the minds of fans like yourself. In a normal job, your boss doesn't randomly come out and tell you that "hey just so you know, we aren't firing you". It's business as usual.

So they are staying then? Don't blame me. I'm not on twitter.
    Last edited by Champ; 05-12-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Yet you somehow manage to quote every Fisher tweet? Okay.

At least it would have been considerate to let them know now about any changes(firings) so these coaches can find other jobs before they close up. When we going to get to these evaluations? June, July?

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Gentry should not have to give as nuanced of an answer as he did. It seems like the Saints staff aren't able to do timely year end evaluations of the Pelicans staff. Maybe Lauscha should be handling the Pelicans owner proxy role and not Loomis. I'm assuming he's not as involved with the draft as Loomis and the overlap of NFL Free Agency and the draft with the end of the NBA season appears to be the problem here.
    Perhaps Loomis should let go completely and focus on the Saints.

At least it would have been considerate to let them know now about any changes(firings) so these coaches can find other jobs before they close up. When we going to get to these evaluations? June, July?
    You're missing the point. No need to let them know because they aren't going anywhere. And even if they were getting fired, when is the last time your boss came and told you before hand and gave you time to find another gig?

They are under contract. Do you go into your job each day asking your boss if you still have a job?

You're missing they point. No need to let them know because they aren't going anywhere. And even if they were getting fired, when is the last time your boss came and told you before hand and gave you time to find another gig?
    So they are staying then? That is not how Gentry explained it. Usually at the end of an NBA season jobs open up for the ones that have been fired. Yes I have had a job where they have given me my 2 weeks notice.

So they are staying then? That is not how Gentry explained it. Usually at the end of an NBA season jobs open up for the ones that have been fired. Yes I have had a job where they have given me my 2 weeks notice.
    Remember how we talked about you not interpreting things correctly? I think this is one of those times where you're not interpreting Gentry correctly. Pretty much every one covering the team from Kushner, Fletcher, and Jake have heavily implied that Gentry and Co are coming back. Gentry himself said, "I am operating like I am under contract and have a job to do". He is at the draft combine right now. He will be at the lottery next week. He interviewed with Sirius and Woj. The only people perpetuating the message Dell and Co won't be back are those not around the team or fans.

And that's pretty lucky of you to have received a two weeks notice. Good for you.

Let us not argue about this. In the end "It is what it is." This season coming up everything needs to be right. Don't want to lose Cousins or Davis.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    She can't win.

She stays silent or ignores it. Then people assume the report is true.

She refutes the story. Then people say she's just legitimizes the story somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    She can't win.

She stays silent or ignores it. Then people assume the report is true.

She refutes the story. Then people say she's just legitimizes the story somehow.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=-61NjMl0mQk

Thread Information