Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gentry stays in NOLA :(

All-Star

Breaking News Gentry stays in NOLA :(

Scott Kushner‏
    @ScottDKushner
    Coach Alvin Gentry will be the #Pelicans representative on Tuesday for the NBA's Draft Lottery. Pels keep pick if they get into Top 3.

RIP PELICANS 2017-2018

See you in the 2018 Draft!!

More of the same. What we have come to expect.

Listen to the podcast. It's worth a listen. And it addresses a lot of the baseless criticisms most of you have.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    This is a good thing.

The title is also misleading. Gentry has not been told he's staying.

#Pelslife
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Maybe he can follow up his 0-7 and 0-8 starts with an 0-9 start.

Is this the last year of his contract? We are still in salary cap hell for another year... Hit the tank button.

You guys are funny. Objectively, Gentry has been given 2 years with zero continuity from year to year, or even month to month during the season. Before the one year that on paper looks to be the most promising, you guys want to fire him?

Ya'll really need to up those Ridalin doses!

Yes!!!! Awesome news

It looks like he's likely staying. I'm not happy about it, but I understand the rationale behind it.

Glad he's coming back (if in fact he does). If consistency is important to keeping Boogie, which I think directly impacts if AD stays, you keep Alvin and give it a run this year.

Retaining Cousins is priority #1 and whatever is needed to do so should happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Man, i dont even like gentry but i think he deserves a shot. Demps is the one that should be on the outs. You think demarcus wants to stay in a coaching carousel? Whats to say our next coach will be better (considering our track record of evaluation)?

Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

I suggest everyone listen to the podcast.

Gentry dodged a bullet for now at least. The NBA schedule makers will decide his fate for the future. In other words if we have to play Golden State 3 times in November again he may not make it to January.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Man, i dont even like gentry but i think he deserves a shot. Demps is the one that should be on the outs. You think demarcus wants to stay in a coaching carousel? Whats to say our next coach will be better (considering our track record of evaluation)?

Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets
    Personally I think both should be gone. The only rationale I can see for him staying is if AD and Boogie support him as coach. I would think that would be the case if he is indeed staying. However, don't you think it would be worse if Gentry has another bad year and we have to change coaches at the same time Boogie's contract is up for extension? Or are we saying Gentry has at least 2 more seasons to get through that period? It is about timing.

Do we know when both of their contracts run out?
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Listen to the podcast. It's worth a listen. And it addresses a lot of the baseless criticisms most of you have.
    I haven't got to listen to it but have seen lots of people transcribing some of the key parts.

Unless context was completely taken away, it would seem that Gentry's responses should pacify some fears.

Specifically when asked about how to use Cousins and Davis, Gentry gave the answer that obviously he was brought in with the expectation of installing a D'antoni/Warriors type offense, but Cousins and Davis as your core makes you adjust to that. That we will move to a lot more high/low offense and not emphasize the 7 seconds or less philosophy because this isn't a roster where that is the strength.

Certainly the argument I would make is if that is the direction we will be going, is Gentry the right coach to install and foster such a system? And lead it through another season? To which on that I am not sure, but it would seem that some of the criticism that Gentry is a one-trick pony and will stubbornly force square pegs into round holes is incorrect.

Banned
    DC will be long gone after this season.
    What a waste of a first round pick we made on Buddy Heid.
    That trade will be known for leasing a player. We are no closer to 50 wins than the Nets lol
    30 win Alvin is what he is.
    His record with D.C on the roster is nothing to stand up and shout about at all.
    Win or lose I still support the Pelicans from my seats in the Blender but watching this team waste talent like AD sucks.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 05-11-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Where can we find it. Link?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Where can we find it. Link?
    New Podcast: @PelicansNBA coach Alvin Gentry on AD/Cousins, Pop's generosity and keys to dining w/ Donald Sterling. http://bit.ly/2q6YKiN

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    That trade will be known for leasing a player. We are no closer to 50 wins than the Nets lol
    His record with D.C on the roster is nothing to stand up and shout about at all.
    Win or lose I still support the Pelicans from my seats in the Blender but watching this team waste talent like AD sucks.
    Your avatar picture is so appropriate. You whine and complain about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Your avatar picture is so appropriate. You whine and complain about everything.
    I think he is just venting like the majority of the city is doing right now. As long as he keeps it civil he doing no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    He was willing to stay with sac he wanted to stay in sac town and that whole dysfunction yet some how he's going to leave us and lose out on even more money? Not happening besides the fact that if he ends up making an all nba team shell most likely sign an extension this summer

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I think he is just venting like the majority of the city is doing right now. As long as he keeps it civil he doing no wrong.
    Why do you have Bobby Hebert as your avi? Can't stand dude lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Why do you have Bobby Hebert as your avi? Can't stand dude lol
    Founder of The Who Dat nation, Cajun Cannon, decent restaurant.

Thread Information