Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Where do the Pels' Big Two rank in the West?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll

2 14.29%

6 42.86%

1 7.14%

1 7.14%

1 7.14%

1 7.14%

1 7.14%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 7.14%

Thread: Where do the Pels' Big Two rank in the West?

Where do the Pels' Big Two rank in the West?

Simple enough question: at the trade deadline the Pels pulled off a blockbuster to put together a two superstar Big Two. Where would you rank that core among the 15 West teams?

NOH: Davis/Cousins
    POR: Lillard/McCollum
    SAC: ??? Hield...Cauley-Stein?
    GSW: Curry/Durant
    LAC: Paul/Griffin (if both guys stay)
    LAL: Russel/Randle
    PHX: Bledsoe/Booker
    UTH: Hayward/Gobert
    DEN: Jokic/Gallinari
    OKC: Westbrook/Oladipo?
    HOU: Harden/Gordon??
    DAL: Nowitzki/Barnes
    SAN: Leonard/Aldridge
    MEM: Gasol/Conley
    MIN: Towns/Wiggins

I voted 5th but it could be 4th. Conley/Gasol has more success and that matters to me so I put them slightly ahead of Davis/Cousins. Durant/Curry, Paul/Griffin, and Leonard/Aldridge or the only 3 clearly ahead of Davis/Cousins for me.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    As far as a pure top-2 talent wise, I think only Durant/Curry is better for sure.

Now the rest of the team...
    @DanielVeuleman

6th, in no particular order: GS, SA, Memphis, Clippers, and then it's a tie with Portland. That makes them 5th, not 6th. My bad!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I put 2nd if we're looking at pure talent. Curry and Durant being first, obviously. I didn't want to look at it from a perspective of who has proven themselves together since Boogie and AD had 15-17 games together.
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I voted 5th but it could be 4th. Conley/Gasol has more success and that matters to me so I put them slightly ahead of Davis/Cousins. Durant/Curry, Paul/Griffin, and Leonard/Aldridge or the only 3 clearly ahead of Davis/Cousins for me.
    Yeah I think I am pretty similar on this line of thinking. In terms of just pure out talent I think they are higher, but when you take into account achievements as a duo they haven't had the chance to show results yet unlike some others.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Yeah I think I am pretty similar on this line of thinking. In terms of just pure out talent I think they are higher, but when you take into account achievements as a duo they haven't had the chance to show results yet unlike some others.
    If you account for achievement, there is no way to put Davis and Boogie in the top 10. I honestly can't answer this question yet. If you told me they would replicate the month of March throughout an entire NBA season, I'd put them behind only Curry and Durant. Who else they're playing with, especially at PG, also impacts how good they can be.

My answer is TBD.

Pure talent they are probably 2 or 3.

That might not mean a whole lot if they can't find great chemistry or a supporting cast. Synergy matters.

On paper AI and Carmello should of been knocking on multiple championships, but ultimately an over the hill Chauncey Billups was arguably a better match.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If you account for achievement, there is no way to put Davis and Boogie in the top 10. I honestly can't answer this question yet. If you told me they would replicate the month of March throughout an entire NBA season, I'd put them behind only Curry and Durant. Who else they're playing with, especially at PG, also impacts how good they can be.

My answer is TBD.
    You're right if it was pure duo achievements, I think I was more talent took them to fifth or so and then I couldn't put them higher with the talent+achievements of the duo's ahead.

Thread Information