1-6

Dell keeps his job
    Bad Cp3 trade
    Gordon's contract
    Asik contract
    Hill's contract
    let Ryan walk
    hiring Gentry

Gentry doesn't know how to coach 1 big man and now he trying to coach 2.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Has Jake always been such a James Harden beard fan?

Now you see! Can't say I was trolling on my Jrue prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Now you see! Can't say I was trolling on my Jrue prediction.
    Only person who didn't see this happen was Dell

My next prediction. Gentry gets off to a weak start to the season again he gets whacked. In other words if the NBA gives us Golden State 3 times in November again it won't look good for Alvin.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    My next prediction. Gentry gets off to a weak start to the season again he gets whacked. In other words if the NBA gives us Golden State 3 times in November again it won't look good for Alvin.
    I predict it will be hot and humid in New Orleans this summer.

Well these are interesting times indeed. I wonder what Jrue's exact numbers are. How much is he pushing for us to pay his brother too.

Man free agency might be a wild ride.

Oh, I do disagree with Jake Madison on Jrue not being a good fit. The Pels have practically been begging him to take more shots on offense and be that 3rd guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Well these are interesting times indeed. I wonder what Jrue's exact numbers are. How much is he pushing for us to pay his brother too.

Man free agency might be a wild ride.

Oh, I do disagree with Jake Madison on Jrue not being a good fit. The Pels have practically been begging him to take more shots on offense and be that 3rd guy.
    Max for him over the MLE for his brother

If they offer jrue the max can both of them
    I'm a grinder

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    seems like the board will get its wish and the Pelicans will move on from Jrue. Guess we will find out if the grass really is greener....

Doesn't say anything about Jrue turning down any offers. I would not assume Madison knows anything about what he will do.

Edited to say, non of this is new.

We can still offer Jrue more than anyone else. If you agree with it is another story but money will not be why Jrue leaves if he decides to go.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 05-04-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Dell/Gentry staying and Jrue turns down big offer {speculation}

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Max for him over the MLE for his brother
    Thanks for the insight.

Now as far as the numbers go, With what money? LOL. Geez gtfo with that nonsense Jrue. I understand if they cave and end up giving Jrue the max or near it, but give him the max AND 9-10m a year for his brother? So the Holiday's take up 40m of our cap?

Hit the bricks. I'd rather he walk.

The only consolation is this is his demands now before the draft and free agency. So we know the MAX of what he is asking. Let's see what he will be willing to take. Hopefully those other options dry up and he loses some leverage.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 05-04-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Did anyone see MM's tweets claiming that if Sacramento hadn't gone through with the Boogie trade, that Dell was prepared to trade two first round picks and some players for Dwight Howard? I saw the tweets on Pelicans Talk on TD, but didn't see it being discussed here, so I'll share it here for those who didn't see it.

Michael McNamara? @SilverAndMac 1 hour ago

I now know EXACTLY what Dell offered for Dwight. Man o man wait til I tell you all on the pod. People would've FLIPPED

Eh, not doing the pod for a few weeks so I won't make you wait. That's not cool. Asik, Galloway, Reke, and TWO Firsts for Dwight

I always thought that Lopez was the next target but apparently the Hawks had four offers for Dwight and Pels were by far the leader

[In response to someone asking if the Hawks declined the trade]

No, they were going to take it. Contingent on Pels not landing Boogie

So, thank Vivek for his love of Buddy. Otherwise you would have Dwight at 23 mil coming back next year. No pick and you couldn't trade 18!
    MM said he's 100% sure it's true. Man, thats just awful. Dell should be fired just for considering such a trade. That deal would've killed any hope during the AD era. We really dodged a bullet there. I've been hoping we'd fire Gentry, but give Dell another year because of the Boogie trade, but that's before I knew what his backup plan was and how close we was to crippling the franchise. Fire them both now, forget the stability.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Did anyone see MM's tweets claiming that if Sacramento hadn't gone through with the Boogie trade, that Dell was prepared to trade two first round picks and some players for Dwight Howard? I saw the tweets on Pelicans Talk on TD, but didn't see it being discussed here, so I'll share it here for those who didn't see it.

MM said he's 100% sure it's true. Man, thats just awful. Dell should be fired just for considering such a trade. That deal would've killed any hope during the AD era. We really dodged a bullet there. I've been hoping we'd fire Gentry, but give Dell another year because of the Boogie trade, but that's before I knew what his backup plan was and how close we was to crippling the franchise. Fire them both now, forget the stability.
    Jeus Christ that's horrible. Yea, I don't trust Dell. Btw I trust the homie MM on this one because I was hearing rumblings about us getting Howard as well.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I wonder if Atlanta was including another player in the deal? Like a Bazemore or Hardaway Jr. We were willing to give up all of that just for Dwight? That doesn't sound right. But then again Dell may have been desperate to get rid of Asik at any cost. I mean at least Dwight has been on the court this year but yeah I almost threw up in my mouth when I read MM's tweet. We dodged a serious bullet at the trade deadline.

The more I see Buddy playing without a leash on him the more I realize the Boogie trade was a potential disaster. Hield isn't the star Boogie is, I know. But he is a dead eye shooter and we gave away a top 10 pick as well in a loaded draft. Then we also gave away Tyreke Evans while we had his bird rights and were inevitably not going to have cap room to sign a big name.

I'll be interested to see what Demps can manufacture this offseason. But if the team loses Jrue because they won't pay the max, misses the playoffs from lack of depth, and loses Cousins then I think Dell will go down as the most shortsighted GM since Billy King.

I still don't understand the rush to put a superstar with AD now while GS and the LeBrons are in their prime. Not going to beat them, ESPECIALLY while selling our underpaid/over-delivering young guys and losing any RFA advantage we have down the road.

So short sighted. I can't believe they kept Hield on such a tight leash. It isn't the first time I've seen it here either.

Anyways. Yes Demps made 1 trade, yes the Pels had 1 good month of basketball. That month we managed to beat Houston, Portland and Memphis, the rest of the wins were easy schedule material. Lets not get ahead of ourselves. We're in a corner. The market will demand Jrue gets a max and unless he's charitable to the Pels we will lose him.

I just don't see the positives unless we manage to keep Jrue and Hill turns himself into a positive force on both ends. I think there is a small chance of it happening, but yea, not skipping through the pastures carefree about this team at all.
    Last edited by Impose; 05-05-2017 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post

Yeah! I believe him. That would have been a horrible trade. I'm sure they would have lost alot of fans if that trade would have happened.

Banned
    Well I see Jrue leaving as a plus for the Pelicans.
    He is not the answer at the 1 or 2 guard.
    I think we should have rolled Jrue in these trades instead of Buddy and Evans.
    They could have dumped Q Tip in on the deal as well.
    30 win Alvin is a retread coach nothing more.
    His record is what it is in the NBA.
    I think the Rockets game at home getting blown off the floor in the blender was tell tale for Alvin as a coach.
    Yes it was DC first game but guys please remember the NBA game is not college. These guys are professionals.
    Jrue was getting Hammered by both Harden and Beverly.
    DC couldn't run the floor on the break dragging behind.
    AD and DC standing at the arch waiting for someone to pass them the ball WTF!
    That is coaching hands down. That told me 30 win Alvin cant win in this league just like his record shows.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 05-05-2017 at 09:01 AM.

As far as the potential Dwight trade would have went I don't see it as 2 1st for Dwight. Nor do we know the protections. One to get Dwight seems about right value wise, especially if it's lottery protected or higher. Then another high protection 1st to get rid of Asik. Plus we keep Buddy and what else were we getting back?

Clearly not as good of a trade as Cousins, but it would be impossible to replicate a trade that one sided in real life with any other team.

There's a ton of potential trades that are discussed. I judge off of what actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    As far as the potential Dwight trade would have went I don't see it as 2 1st for Dwight. Nor do we know the protections. One to get Dwight seems about right value wise, especially if it's lottery protected or higher. Then another high protection 1st to get rid of Asik. Plus we keep Buddy and what else were we getting back?

Clearly not as good of a trade as Cousins, but it would be impossible to replicate a trade that one sided in real life with any other team.

There's a ton of potential trades that are discussed. I judge off of what actually happened.
    This. All I care about is the end result.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 05-05-2017 at 08:43 AM.

I don't see how you can knock Dell for not moving Jrue. Before the Boogie trade, moving Jrue was unthinkable. After the trade, it would have been stupid not to see what the "big three" looked like. Also don't think Jrue has turned anything down. More like hasn't accepted anything.

Think MM said it was same protections as the Boogie trade, top 3. As far as Jrue, its the opening contract demands. Hopefully Demps doesn't cave and give anything over 24, and that may be too much. Will be interesting offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Also don't think Jrue has turned anything down. More like hasn't accepted anything.
    Exactly.

Thread Information