Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Pels to make calls to CP3

Quote Originally Posted by neitzelbaby12 View Post
    I kinda like the insight from MM, sure he doesn't come off as the nicest guy sometimes but he has inside info that is much appreciated here
    Me personally, I'm a huge wrestling fan. Sure folks may say it's fake, which it is, but imo MM is one of my favorite heels. And I'm a pretty big wrestling smark, so while you guys love Roman Reigns , Im a big fan of the Miz, Kevin Owens, and Bobby Rhoode.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Me personally, I'm a huge wrestling fan. Sure folks may say it's fake, which it is, but imo MM is one of my favorite heels. And I'm a pretty big wrestling smark, so while you guys love Roman Reigns , Im a big fan of the Miz, Kevin Owens, and Bobby Rhoode.
    People love Roman?

Sharp-Shooting Serbian HornetsDude3160's Avatar
    It's Kevin Owens "The Face of America"
    "Baron Davis and Jamal Mashburn. One 'star' who taught another 'star' how not to be a 'star' " - Jim Henderson

"Oklahoma City can go to hell" - Random caller on the Hornets post game show

"To be the man, you gotta beat the man. WHOO!!!" - "Nature Boy" Ric Flair

Scott Cody on Byron Scott: "He was there during the Hornets best and worst season. His legacy, most likely however, will fall somewhere in between..."

Quote Originally Posted by HornetsDude3160 View Post
    It's Kevin Owens "The Face of America"
    ?????? What is going on here?????

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Huh?
    Curry, Thompson, Iggy, Durant, Draymond... best 5 man unit in the NBA and it might not even be close.

If Blake Griffin isn't hurt, the Clippers win that series.

Warriors will win the series against Utah in 5 games, possibly a sweep, and Snyder's coaching acumen will be irrelevant. Mike brown will out coach him, because Mike Brown has the best players.
    Utah won Game 1 w/out Gobert & Game 4 w/out Hayward. I'd say Utah adjusted. There is no Big 3 in LA. Jordan is a great defender & horrendous in every aspect of offense. Cant dribble, cant shoot, average passer & atrocious FT's. There are almost a dozen #5's I'd take before Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What were the Clippers record before CP3 got there? He didn't want to go to a proven winner. He wanted to go to LA.
    He wanted to go to L.A. (the losing culture Clipper version) and to a team that had obvious....whats the word....uhhhhh...potential.

David West signed with the Pacers before they made their 60 win rise based on potential. He explicitly said this.

Players aren't all money hungry. They do look at these things netzelbaby12.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Utah won Game 1 w/out Gobert & Game 4 w/out Hayward. I'd say Utah adjusted. There is no Big 3 in LA. Jordan is a great defender & horrendous in every aspect of offense. Cant dribble, cant shoot, average passer & atrocious FT's. There are almost a dozen #5's I'd take before Jordan.
    Blake Griffin is an All NBA caliber player. He missed 4 games in a 7 game series. If he stays healthy, the Clippers (plus home court advantage) win this series.

Blake Griffin is an All NBA caliber player. He missed 4 games in a 7 game series. If he stays healthy, the Clippers (plus home court advantage) win this series.
    All NBA?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

So, w/ Griffin active in LA, the Jazz went 1-1 . There win was against a healthy Blake Griffin & NO Gobert. And this leads to the conclusion that- with Griffin for entire series, Clips win? Huh, how exactly did you deduce this from the 2 games Griffin played in?

So, w/ Griffin active in LA, the Jazz went 1-1 . There win was against a healthy Blake Griffin & NO Gobert. And this leads to the conclusion that- with Griffin for entire series, Clips win? Huh, how exactly did you deduce this from the 2 games Griffin played in?
    Clippers were losing regardless.

That's so selective. With Blake active Clippers went 2-1 vs Jazz. Average margin of victory for Jazz in the 3 games they won after Blake was injured was only 8 points. 2 of those wins were by 7 or less.

So yes, I think an All NBA player on the court would have made a difference. How do you deduce that Blake Griffin not being able to play is inconsequential????

That's so selective. With Blake active Clippers went 2-1 vs Jazz. Average margin of victory for Jazz in the 3 games they won after Blake was injured was only 8 points. 2 of those wins were by 7 or less.

So yes, I think an All NBA player on the court would have made a difference. How do you deduce that Blake Griffin not being able to play is inconsequential????
    He is good but all NBA is pushing it...

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I mean he's been all-nba 4 times...

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    This is funny.

So, selective you say ? As I recall, Griffin actually played the 1st 2 games through completion. Yet, you give him a 2-1 record when he played 18 minutes in Game 3 & had zero to do with the Clippers winning the game in the 2nd half. He wasn't on the court or for that matter on the bench late 2nd quarter til completion. NOW, that's selective.
    Last edited by Tinman; 05-03-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Ok... but if you watch him Hh's not a good defender, post game is iffy rather takes jumpsuits and disappear in big moments... like dude only had 2 point in the 4th quarter in 1 of those games in the playoffs and that was on free throws. Oh, and I forgot to mention he is injury prone
    Even his teammates when on air to say he was soft, but hey dude is a stat sheet stuffer I'll give you that.

So, selective you say ? As I recall, Griffin actually played the 1st 2 games through completion. Yet, you give him a 2-1 record when he played 18 minutes in Game 3 & had zero to do with the Clippers winning the game in the 2nd half. He wasn't on the court or for that matter on the bench late 2nd quarter til completion. NOW, that's selective.
    OK. So if your point is that having Blake on the court the final 4 games, which the Jazz won 3 by an average of 8 points, wouldn't have made a difference in any of those 3 games, I strongly disagree.

OK. So if your point is that having Blake on the court the final 4 games, which the Jazz won 3 by an average of 8 points, wouldn't have made a difference in any of those 3 games, I strongly disagree.
    Utah beat LA w/out Gordon Hayward. I cant believe you are justifying your POV based on M-O-V . Every game is a game within itself. You certainly cant be basing your argument on track record. Griffin has been consensus Houdini in big playoff games in the past. Why so much love for Griffin? He has NEVER shown to be clutch. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    The Miz is the lamest heel of all time. Like, worse than Kenny from the Spirit Squad. I love heels too, but Miz is the lamest of the lame. Kevin Owens is a lot better, but I still don't care for him either. Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton and Braun Strowman are awesome heels. Roman Reigns would be much better if they turned him heel again, like they should've done after WM. Vince wants him to be the next Cena, but people don't want another Cena. They hated the original enough already.

Utah beat LA w/out Gordon Hayward. I cant believe you are justifying your POV based on M-O-V . Every game is a game within itself. You certainly cant be basing your argument on track record. Griffin has been consensus Houdini in big playoff games in the past. Why so much love for Griffin? He has NEVER shown to be clutch. EVER!
    It's not love for Griffin at all. But it is respect, at the least. The Clippers are notoriously thin on the bench, and you think losing a player of Griffin's caliber wouldn't have made a difference over the final 3 games of a 7 game series?

Clippers are up 2-1, lose Blake, then go on to lose 3 out of the next 4. It's bizarre to me that you think he doesn't make a difference in those games! The Clippers had to resort to starting Mo Speights in a pivotal game 5 with home court advantage. Speights scored 1 point. Blake Griffin averaged 25 ppg in the first 2 games. He was their leading scorer in both games. The Clippers loss game 1, game 4 and game 5 by a combined 13 points. The numbers clearly support the idea that Blake would have made a difference.

If somehow anyone thinks Snyder out coached Doc Rivers or that the outcome would have been the same with a healthy Blake Griffin, they're making a huge illogical assumption based on nothing. It's just silly. They barely won this series in 7.

So what if CP said, Im sort of interested. Do you let JH walk and then what? Do we really get another SG or SF that we can afford that can create the need that CP would want? I just don't think we have the space to do it.

I love what ifs, and I think the Clippers do need to start over an blow it up, but we are still in a bad cap situation.

If CP 3 is interested. You create room.
    This means that Jrue walks. He wont agree to play alongside CP.

It is impossible to pay CP3 and Jrue together.

Only way this could remotely happen is if Jrue wants to play for Clippers and if CP3 wants to play for Pelicans. But there is no way I see CP3 giving up all that money to be back in New Orleans. Chris has been in this situation before. He'll get his money, and then start pushing for a trade as soon as he's eligible to be traded during the season if he wants out of L.A. He's not giving up $50m.

Would you give up $50m?

The Franchise    Contributor   

well here is the thing, CP is not interested, not even little. we'll call, because it is our job to call, and CP will answer, they'll ask each other how are the wife and kids, and he'll politely tell us there is no chance he is coming here. NONE.

and now for the hot take portion of ths post - when the Clips give CP the max (when not if) they will hate the contract in year 4 and 5 more than the Pels will hate years 4 and 5 if (if not when) the Pels give Jrue the max.

Ignoring that CP3 and Cousins hate each other, I still don't want CP3 on this team. Not for the deal he is about to sign.

Thread Information