Pelicans Report

Thread: NBA ready to bring team back to Seattle?

NBA ready to bring team back to Seattle?

Sounds like it could be an expansion team in next few years but it is worth keeping an eye on it. Perhaps this may one day move us back in the East? Just talk right now but if Seattle gets their act together the NBA could be on its way back.

http://www.king5.com/mb/news/local/a...tion/435434771

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Sounds like it could be an expansion team in next few years but it is worth keeping an eye on it. Perhaps this may one day move us back in the East? Just talk right now but if Seattle gets their act together the NBA could be on its way back.

http://www.king5.com/mb/news/local/a...tion/435434771

when i read the headline,,i was thinking the same about moving back into the east and taking over what lebron started by creating a loaded team and just win titles....

Banned
    The Pelicans still couldn't make the playoffs in the east with 30+ wins?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    The Pelicans still couldn't make the playoffs in the east with 30+ wins?
    dude your act is getting tired.....did you account for the fact that the number of times we play teams in our conference?....if we were in the east,,we would play eastern conference teams more and western conference teams less?....thats a huge difference......you cant used the wins we have in your situation because the schedule is different....

Banned
    Dude so what your saying is a 30 win ball club in the west is a 40 win club in the east?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Dude so what your saying is a 30 win ball club in the west is a 40 win club in the east?
    after this i quit lol.....if the team we had this season was in the east,,its not a fact that this team would have the same amount of wins because of the schedule...we would not have played the western teams 4 and 3 times this year.....it also depend on what division we would have been it and i think we would have been in the southeast.........idk maybe we would have had less then 30 wins ....

We actually did better against the East than we did against the West (14-16) vs (20-32), but that doesn't make me think that by moving to the East we would have been more than a 9th seed in the East.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The gap between the conferences has closed a lot and barring injuries will probably almost completely close pretty soon.

Bos, Tor, Mil, and Was are all in the process of being able to compete with anyone not named GS or Cle regularly. Phi may or may not make the climb depending on how Embiid and Simmon's health fares.

But I don't see going to the east as nearly the advantage it once would of been. Not if I am projecting the next 5 years.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 05-01-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Y'all are kidding yourselves.. the east is still Lebron and everyone else until proven otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by jegirouard View Post
    Y'all are kidding yourselves.. the east is still Lebron and everyone else until proven otherwise
    The West is still the Warriors and everyone else til proven otherwise.

I still say West > East. And by a decent bit right now.

But it is not nearly the chasm it once was.

And the East has a number of really strong up and coming teams.

Milwaukee alone is a titan just waiting for time to unleash them.

Boston has so much extra ammo it would require them to try and miss all their shots to not take another step in the next 5 years window.

Washington is coming into its own and Wall looks like the clear best true PG in the league right now.

Thread Information