Pelicans Report

View Poll Results: Who would you rather trade for as the new starting PG?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jeremy Lin

3 5.36%
  • Eric Bledsoe

30 53.57%
  • Ricky Rubio

19 33.93%
  • Other (S.Rodriguez, etc.)

4 7.14%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your Prefered New (realistic) PG

Your Prefered New (realistic) PG

Starting Point Guard seems to be the main role to fill in the offseason, with or without Holiday re-signing, since the team wants him as an off-ball combo guard.

Three main realistically aquirable PG's have been talked about lately as potential trade targets this offseason. All have similar contracts in the 11-15 mil range for the next two seasons, and are of similar age (Lin-28, Bledsoe-27, Rubio-26) and skill/talent level, but with different playing styles and strengths.

Considering we would have to trade a similar package of 2018 protected pick + a few of Ajinca/ Frazier /Pondexter /Moore --

Who is your prefered and/or predicted PG for next season? Out of these three or add your own option and input.
    Last edited by Rheem654; 04-21-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Banned
    Non of the above
    Those guys are Tired
    We need to get a young Point Guard mold him. A Real Floor General with sick handles
    Not a retread.
    My choice is Evans from OSU
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 04-21-2017 at 08:20 PM.

Good vision nice handles what is his projected draft position? Would be nice if we still have our 2nd pick to pick him up

1. Rubio
    2. Lin
    3. Bledsoe
    4. Knight
    5. Mills*
    6. Collison*
    7. Bradley
    8. Smart
    9. Joseph
    10. Augustin
    11. Payton
    12. Teague*
    13. Ennis*
    14. Livingston*
    15. Lowery*

There are plenty of options even if Jrue stays and we have to give up a pick to get one of these guy's (except*)

*Free agents

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by strictfamjay View Post
    Good vision nice handles what is his projected draft position? Would be nice if we still have our 2nd pick to pick him up
    I think Dell if he is still our GM can make a play for him some how.
    He would fit perfect with Davis and Cousins.
    This guy has a skill set that we need Bad.

Yes we need a true Floor General to run the show aggressive enough to turn up offensively when needed but can make the team go set the tempo

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm on the Knight Train...

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I'm on the Knight Train...

What's his defense and 3pt shooting like?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Realistic, oh poo.

I'd suggest someone like De'Aaron Fox, Dennis Smith or such. Guys who have potential to be pesky defenders and playmakers and won't be one of the first two players taken.

Oh wells.

Far as your choice. I guess Ricky Rubio wins by default. But man, I don't like how poor he shoots. But the ball moves, by God, doesh e move the ball. And he's a better defender than he gets credit.

Also...what's up with Tyus Jones? Is he available?
    Last edited by Eman5805; 04-21-2017 at 10:25 PM.

1. Bledsoe
    2. Rubio
    3. Mills
    4. Lin
    5. Bradley (only this low because not sure we can get him would be 3rd)
    6. Knight

Some good lists here. Bledsoe would top the list for me. If the Suns draft a PG it would make sense for them to trade Bledsoe, but they could draft Jackson or Tatum and then would seem like they would keep Bledsoe. He only has injury concerns, but he also can take over a game and be an impact 3rd scorer and facilitator at PG.

Rubio- with how good he played the second half of the year, it seems likely that they would be more likely to keep him now. Sure they have Dunn and Tyus Jones needing minutes too, but seems like they would just keep all of them for at least one more season. Would be a great floor general though, and his lack of 3 shooting could be offset by other 3- shooters around him and all the other things he does well.

Mills would be awesome, but he seems like a Spur-lifer.
    Lin would be a great fit, but it seems like the Nets would value keeping him and competing in games a lot more than the non-lotto pick and cap space we would be offering.

I think Collison would be a good fit next to Jrue (assuming he stays) and the price might be right. Not sure how realistic Rubio and Bledsoe are. A trade idea that's been floated that I like is a deal with the Magic for Elfrid Payton and Fournier or Hezonja in a deal involving our first rounder next year...

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I think Collison would be a good fit next to Jrue (assuming he stays) and the price might be right. Not sure how realistic Rubio and Bledsoe are. A trade idea that's been floated that I like is a deal with the Magic for Elfrid Payton and Fournier or Hezonja in a deal involving our first rounder next year...
    Yea a Collison/Holiday backcourt would be pretty effective actually. Although with the MLE of 8.5 mil/year likely the highest contract we could offer Collison, it seems like he would get more than that from some other team, with how big these contracts are that are thrown around now. But if he did sign for the MLE for some reason, that would leave them the option to focus on a swing SF via trade with the 1st.

A trade for Payton and Fournier would be nice, although again, I'm wondering if they would give up good young starters like that for such a low draft pick and no player prospects in return. I guess if they were to draft Dennis Smith or D. Fox, then it could make some sense to trade Payton. But he was playing really well lately.

Still like the idea of Milos Teodosic if Jrue walks.

Collison next to Jrue still makes a lot of sense to me.

I think my answer depends on the health of the players. Bledsoe run the pick-and-roll better and he's a better shooter, but his knees scares me a lot and I feel that he lost defintively a step on D.

Just a name that no-one else has mentioned, but may be available. Jordan Clarkson.

He's on a decent deal, he's not a pure PG, but hes a scorer, and it looks like we'll be running a lot of the offense through Boogie.

He's not my dream pickup, but if Jrue gets a max elsewhere I feel like he could be a guy we can get who could contribute.

Also I feel like Diallo might have big value to Miami and they have a surplus of young guys in the PG and wing positions. Potential trade partners for sure as long as they see Diallo has the value to bring back a Tyler Johnson in return (I think he should).

People still sleeping on Elfrid Payton huh?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Basketball Guru
    if jrue walk,,ill take jeff teague....ha can score,,,,he is aggressive and get to the FT line a lot.....he play decent defense...ill go with him for 15-17mil...

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Your Prefered New (realistic) PG

Why do we always attempt to frame the conversation this way. Realistic? What does that mean. Guys that aren't superstars? Guys who have underachieved? Guys are who are underrated? Basically any of those, but no stars? Why can't we just pose a question and the let the responses pass or fail based on their arguments?

I think it's realistic that a GM who might be considering giving a max contract to a player he may feel is not worth it, is going to kick the tires on a PG (or other player) he feels may be worth it. We can't have it both ways, we can't say that Jrue is going to get paid and then act like it's not realistic that he can't be used to source his own replacement (or another upgrade for the team). But what do I know...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    True. I mean, was getting Cousins in a trade centered around Buddy Hield realistic five months ago?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Why do we always attempt to frame the conversation this way. Realistic? What does that mean. Guys that aren't superstars? Guys who have underachieved? Guys are who are underrated? Basically any of those, but no stars? Why can't we just pose a question and the let the responses pass or fail based on their arguments?

I think it's realistic that a GM who might be considering giving a max contract to a player he may feel is not worth it, is going to kick the tires on a PG (or other player) he feels may be worth it. We can't have it both ways, we can't say that Jrue is going to get paid and then act like it's not realistic that he can't be used to source his own replacement (or another upgrade for the team). But what do I know...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because MM put the fear in some posters about posting threads about players who is not a realistic target....people like him and some others keep forgetting that this is a amateur message board where everyone is a arm chair GM and owner and have fun discussing whatever crazy trade that come up in their head...

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Still like the idea of Milos Teodosic if Jrue walks.

Collison next to Jrue still makes a lot of sense to me.
    Just saw that he plays for Moscow. With all the 'blame it on Russia' hysteria the media throws around these days, we could just blame it on Russia if our team doesn't win, lol. I watched his highlights and he does seem like a great playmaker and scorer.

Thread Information