Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tidbits on Pelicans

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    Sorry brah, I didn't make your point. Injuries crushed the Clippers this year, so if they believe that they can win with that core, then he will continue with it.
    I'm sorry, Brah,I must have missed it. Did injuries crush the Clippers the past 6 yrs (w/ Paul) or if you like, 4 yrs (With Redick) ..SOOO, Griffin going into 9th yr & 29yrs old (& ALWAYS injured)----Jordan 10th year & 29yrs old---CP3 7th yr & gonna be 32 yrs old--- & Redick is gonna be 33 yrs old... ONE must ask. Does anyone think the injury bug is going to get better as those players get older?? Does any level headed money manager want to be stuck with a starting lineup 3 yrs from now that is 36-35-32 & 32? Unlike POP & the Spurs, that have proven time & time again that they can win, the LAC are going to pay more & more $$$ to the same guys that haven't been able to win in their mid 20's? WOW .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Paul is NOT getting 34 million. ANYWHERE. LAC is not gonna commit 1/3 of cap for 4 years on a 31 yr old point guard. Hell. if they can only offer Reddick 15ish-WE can afford that plus a couple million. Bring the pen & paper. Redick is going to want more than 15 million. Hes worth more than Jrue. He wont get more than Jrue, but he's worth more than Jrue. He's in the top 3 as far as Stop & Pop in the league.
    http://clutchpoints.com/chris-paul-h...ion-extension/

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/21/...with-clippers/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Verbal means? Dallas Mavericks & Deandre Jordan? It also states that it is what CP3 will ASK for. Uhhh,if that's what he gets,then the Clipper negotiators should be canned. Verbal means squat when the Clippers flame out again? Can you say if/when the CLIPPERS flame out that it wont just be players leaving,Rivers may be gone also?
    Are you saying that if LAC offers 28-30 million after another pathetic playoff stint, that CP3 walks? He wont get more than 30 anywhere else. This is why the LAC are where they are now. How do you pay MORE to a core of 4 that have proven over and over that they couldn't win in their prime. If CP gets 35 & Griffin gets 30, Redick will not be back.
    You are presenting an article that is ancient in NBA time & also says its VERBAL & things can go sour.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    I'm sorry, Brah,I must have missed it. Did injuries crush the Clippers the past 6 yrs (w/ Paul) or if you like, 4 yrs (With Redick) ..SOOO, Griffin going into 9th yr & 29yrs old (& ALWAYS injured)----Jordan 10th year & 29yrs old---CP3 7th yr & gonna be 32 yrs old--- & Redick is gonna be 33 yrs old... ONE must ask. Does anyone think the injury bug is going to get better as those players get older?? Does any level headed money manager want to be stuck with a starting lineup 3 yrs from now that is 36-35-32 & 32? Unlike POP & the Spurs, that have proven time & time again that they can win, the LAC are going to pay more & more $$$ to the same guys that haven't been able to win in their mid 20's? WOW .
    Before the current run, the Clippers were an unholy hybrid of the Kings and Knicks with a dash of Trump. Now they're a perennial playoff team led by a guy who many think is still the best PG in the league. I think you run this out, just like the Jazz did with Malone and Stockton, and hope you make it to finals. That's how you transform an organization. You don't do it by starting over after 50 win seasons. Maybe you change the coach. Maybe you make a midseason trade if they still can't beat Golden State. But you don't clear the slate and start from scratch. The Clippers would be back to being the Clippers, which was never a good thing.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Yeah brah!

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    That article is dated 2/21/17. On 4/21/17 Blake Griffin got injured and rule out for the
    remainder of the season. Let's see what happens next week when this series is over. Things can change that quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    That article is dated 2/21/17. On 4/21/17 Blake Griffin got injured and rule out for the
    remainder of the season. Let's see what happens next week when this series is over. Things can change that quick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You think Cousins could swallow his pride and get over his dislike of Paul?

Cousins maintains a rivalry with the Clippers, and Paul in particular. “It’s just, some players I don’t respect,” Cousins said. “Just their playing style of basketball. I don’t respect it. I feel like it’s basically cheating and I don’t respect a cheater. If that’s your tactic to winning, I don’t respect you.”
    Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/demarc...WX12JIJc4Ys.99

Cousins, speaking with Bill Simmons of Grantland, was talking about Blake Griffin when the Kings center turned the discussion to Paul.....Simmons: “There was some talking?”
    Cousins: “Probably me and CP, but not me and Blake. I don’t have a problem with Blake.”
    Simmons: “Oh, you’re one of the guys who doesn’t like – there’s a lot of guys who CP kind of bugs.”
    Cousins: “Yeah, I dislike CP a lot.”
    Simmons: “CP does a lot of talking.”
    Cousins: “I know.”
    Simmons: What if you saw him off the court? You’d be OK with him, right?”
    Cousins: “I don’t have a problem.”
    Simmons: “The good news is you’re like 12 inches taller than him if you ever have – he’s like 5-10.”
    Cousins: “I know. That’s usually how it goes. It’s the small ones.””
    Simmons: “Could you play with somebody like that, who’s just like a Chihuahua, just barking at everybody for three hours?”
    Cousins: “Yeah, because I’m the same way.”

I love that Cousins essentially admits that he dislikes Paul because they play for different teams. That’s really the root of the whole issue. Put them on the same team, and they’d be best buds. Now, though, there’s nothing to link them.
    http://nba.nbcsports.com/2014/07/17/...like-cp-a-lot/

Basketball Guru

cousins just dont like CP3 maybe because of all the flopping he does and thats why he says CP3 cheats.....it seems like he does not have a problem with the rest of the team but blake flop a lot too,, so..........

hell,,the clippers get knock out early,,,cp3 and cousins agree to put it in the past for a chance to team up and contend for a title and cp3 bring JJ over with him at a discount......there it is,,i dont care if its not realistic......

Banned
    Chris Paul is a LA jet setter guy now.
    He has a great environment in So Cal
    Why would he come back to war zone of Nola.
    He is living the life of Riley now in LA.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 04-22-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    cousins just dont like CP3 maybe because of all the flopping he does and thats why he says CP3 cheats.....it seems like he does not have a problem with the rest of the team but blake flop a lot too,, so..........

hell,,the clippers get knock out early,,,cp3 and cousins agree to put it in the past for a chance to team up and contend for a title and cp3 bring JJ over with him at a discount......there it is,,i dont care if its not realistic......
    I like that optimism, man. That would be a pretty great storyline 'The Return' and we would definitely be in talks for finals contention with CP3/AD/DMC

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    I like that optimism, man. That would be a pretty great storyline 'The Return' and we would definitely be in talks for finals contention with CP3/AD/DMC

lol yeah that would be a bad team....

Phil want to get rid of mello bad so i think some how mello will be in LA playing with CP3.....hell,,i think they will trade blake to some team to get depth to go along with mello and cp3.....

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol yeah that would be a bad team....

Phil want to get rid of mello bad so i think some how mello will be in LA playing with CP3.....hell,,i think they will trade blake to some team to get depth to go along with mello and cp3.....
    Blake Griff to OKC
    Melo to LAC

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Blake Griff to OKC
    Melo to LAC
    This. Had the same thought this morning.

Oladipo and Singler to the Knicks. Blake to OKC. and Melo to Clippers.

Only problem is that Blake is a free agent, and I don't really see him agreeing the leave L.A. to go play in Oklahoma. Just because he's from OKC, doesn't mean he would voluntarily choose to leave Los Angeles and go back there! He'd have to agree to a sign and trade.

The same thing goes for Chris Paul. I don't see a scenario where he leaves that much money on the table AND leaves that market. He's the head of NBAPA. The new agreement was written in a way that gives him a boat load of money if he stays with the Clippers. He's not leaving.

Has any star player ever voluntarily chosen to leave L.A. once they get there?

The only way any of these guys leave is via a trade after they've resigned with the Clippers. But I'd expect Chris to have a No Trade Clause.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    This. Had the same thought this morning.

Oladipo and Singler to the Knicks. Blake to OKC. and Melo to Clippers.

Only problem is that Blake is a free agent, and I don't really see him agreeing the leave L.A. to go play in Oklahoma. Just because he's from OKC, doesn't mean he would voluntarily choose to leave Los Angeles and go back there! He'd have to agree to a sign and trade.

The same thing goes for Chris Paul. I don't see a scenario where he leaves that much money on the table AND leaves that market. He's the head of NBAPA. The new agreement was written in a way that gives him a boat load of money if he stays with the Clippers. He's not leaving.

Has any star player ever voluntarily chosen to leave L.A. once they get there?

The only way any of these guys leave is via a trade after they've resigned with the Clippers. But I'd expect Chris to have a No Trade Clause.
    Exactly, just because LeBron 'returned home', and Wade and Dwight in a way, doesn't mean every player is going to sign with their former or hometown team. But with yet another year of one of the Clippers' stars being out for the playoffs, can they really just re-do with this core and blame it on injury luck? Should be an interesting offseason all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I am aware that it doesn't have to be NY. My reference to NY was in regards to if the rumor that Justin hates it there that probably takes away what most are saying is one of the most likely S&T places.

Jrue might have incentive to do it but other teams absolutely do not. Is Jrue honestly in a position where he can demand "No I don't want $130m, I want $170." and would he be willing to stick to that simply as a favor to the the Pelicans? I don't see either as likely.
    Jrue can't get $170MM in a S&T, he'd be limited to a 4yr deal with 5% raises, just as if he signed as a free agent. Only way the S&T helps Jrue is if he wants to go to a team that can't/won't get far enough under the cap to sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Jrue can't get $170MM in a S&T, he'd be limited to a 4yr deal with 5% raises, just as if he signed as a free agent. Only way the S&T helps Jrue is if he wants to go to a team that can't/won't get far enough under the cap to sign him.
    I didn't realize the 5th year wasn't an option. So there's even less incentive that it gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I didn't realize the 5th year wasn't an option. So there's even less incentive that it gets done.
    Yeah...if he leaves, he either:

1) signs with a team with cap space and he/the other team throws us a trade exception bone as a parting gift or...
    B) wants to sign with a team without space and they have to give us back some salaries which gives us some leverage

Thread Information