Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Can this be our possible Offsesaon main target?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    We need a Point Guard BAD !!!
    John Wall is the answer hands down dreaming of coarse lol
    Offer the Wizards Q Tip and Asik lol
    Love it, but I really like the local kid and mostly because of his passing ability (he's a wall without the shooting). Surround EP with some shooters and let him drive the lanes and dish will be sweet. Hopefully Orlando does a rebuild and we can get him at a decent price.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    Love it, but I really like the local kid and mostly because of his passing ability (he's a wall without the shooting). Surround EP with some shooters and let him drive the lanes and dish will be sweet. Hopefully Orlando does a rebuild and we can get him at a decent price.
    Either him or Evan Fournier.

Yea and there's actually a good possibility Magic go with a PG (Fultz, Ball, Fox, Smith) in the draft that they'd look to give starter minutes to, so Payton could be available. Although they could also go with an SF (Jackson, Tatum, Isaac). But if Payton would be available, would another team be able to offer a better trade than the Pelicans' offer based on their 2018 pick that's likely to be in the late teens or 20's?

Also agree with Eman that Fournier would be a great addition.

Kyle Lowry is opting out. He's a guy who can replace jrue with better production on a cheaper deal.

1-6

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    We always want local, but Elfrid really isn't what we need. The same problem Frazier presents -his inability to shoot -would be the same problem we'd have with Elfrid. Teams would dare him to shoot, and he can't make them pay. Elfrid really wouldn't be a good fit at all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Kyle Lowry is opting out. He's a guy who can replace jrue with better production on a cheaper deal.
    Kyle Lowry will get paid as much as Jrue, if not more this summer. Maybe if there is mutual interest between Toronto and Jrue, and Lowry is interested in us, we could do a sign and trade. Otherwise, I don't see how we'd have enough room to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Kyle Lowry will get paid as much as Jrue, if not more this summer. Maybe if there is mutual interest between Toronto and Jrue, and Lowry is interested in us, we could do a sign and trade. Otherwise, I don't see how we'd have enough room to do this.
    I agree. Lowry will make as much or more and is already 31. He'll be 35 at the end of his contract making over $30 million a year. Pass.

Of course Lowry is going to make more than Jrue. Anything short of the max is an unrealistic projection.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Can this be our possible Offsesaon main target?

What would it take to get Bledsoe? A first? Two?

Should the Pels offer 4/60 for Rudy Gay? Would that be enough to get him?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    What would it take to get Bledsoe? A first? Two?

Should the Pels offer 4/60 for Rudy Gay? Would that be enough to get him?

Cousins /
    Davis / Cunningham
    Gay / Hill
    Moore / Crawford
    Bledsoe / Frazier/ Cook

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Cousins /
    Davis / Cunningham
    Gay / Hill
    Moore / Crawford
    Bledsoe / Frazier/ Cook
    Asik, Ajinca and picks for Bledsoe?

My main target would be the magic with their high draft pick, new GM and players at the position they are likely to draft.

Fournier would be my primary target since he's a SG able to run the PNR and shoot the 3, he could play well as SG next to Holiday, he's young and even played some PG for Karl. But I don't think we have enough assets to trade for him since if the magic go full rebuild, they will have a lot of better offer.

Ross could be available and a good option too. Hezonja would be the low risk high reward type of gamble, but I'm not confident at all on his ability to play in the NBA.

Regarding Payton, it's an interesting case. He's young could be Rubio-like without the injury concern but incorporing him in the current core demand to create a brand new way of creating offense. Of course it could works and it would take advantage of the inefficiency of the market so it could be perfect gamble, but it would be no gift for any coaching staff to manufacture an offense around him and Holiday on the back-court.

Another target to take advantage of market inefficiency may be MKG. I don't know how Charlotte feels about him, but if they are tired of his lack of improvement for his salary and they want to make a splash on the FA they may look to spare some money so maybe MKG for Asik + picks would be enough. Again it's would be a great challenge to have decent offense with him on the court, but your coaching staff manage to do so, it's a game changing move.
    Last edited by Blattman; 05-09-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    Asik, Ajinca and picks for Bledsoe?

Yea, guess it really depends on how the lottery and draft goes for them. If they take a top PG and look to give most of the PG minutes to rookie and Ulis- then they could look to move Bledsoe. But if they drop out of the top two, then they could take a SF and keep Bledose. Same with Magic and Payton (and Minn. and Rubio).

But sure seems like some other team could/would offer a better trade return than the Pels. Like picks in this draft and/or better players with better contracts. DAL, NY, MIL, CHI, MIA, IND could also be interested

LMAO you must don't wanna win in the playoffs. If you're smart, you stay far the hell away from Lowry
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Do not want Rudy Gay at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Do not want Rudy Gay at all.
    Where is the "like" button?

He is 30 after torn Achilles.
    He is declining around 14 millions. And looking for probably 4 years with more than 50 millions...
    No thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post

He is declining around 14 millions. And looking for probably 4 years with more than 50 millions...
    No thank you.
    Sounds like a top Dell target...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    LMAO you must don't wanna win in the playoffs. If you're smart, you stay far the hell away from Lowry
    LMAO we cant win 30 games with Steel Rod Jrue Holiday.
    KL at least has a real game with explosion off the dribble unlike Holiday.
    But KL is smart he will stay far away from the Pelicans as long as Alvin Gentry is HC.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Cheaper Deal? Lowry 4/152 million-38 Million a year. Jrue aint getting 38 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    LMAO we cant win 30 games with Steel Rod Jrue Holiday.
    KL at least has a real game with explosion off the dribble unlike Holiday.
    But KL is smart he will stay far away from the Pelicans as long as Alvin Gentry is HC.
    Kyle is Injury prone himself my guy. Why do you guys would even consider a player who disappears in the EAST PLAYOFFS?
    Can you guys imagine him in the freaking West?

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post

No thank you.
    Tbh this free agency class is trash as hell. We will be reaching on whoever we bring in. Best bet is striking out with luck in the lottery, if not, expect alot of ******** folks on PR

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Sounds like a top Dell target...
    Like button is a possibility? Pleeeeeeeeease?

Tbh this free agency class is trash as hell. We will be reaching on whoever we bring in. Best bet is striking out with luck in the lottery, if not, expect alot of ******** folks on PR
    Agreed. Bringing Jrue back might be a necessary, but his price tag is the question.

I want to see what we can do now that we have AD & Boogie. We now have the hardest part of a Big 3, the Big 2. Will we see anyone take a pay cut to join us, or will we have to wait until next year (after Boogie extends) for us to see the rewards of having 2 top 10 players?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Maybe bring in Patterson as the 3rd big and have Diallo as the 4th? If someone spends too much on DC and we can't bring him back I have no problem with Patterson. Thoughts?
    Welcome to be here

Kyle is Injury prone himself my guy. Why do you guys would even consider a player who disappears in the EAST PLAYOFFS?
    Can you guys imagine him in the freaking West?
    At least someone said don't get me wrong really like the guy but he never shows up in the playoffs and people here are always complaining about injury but want and injury prone player. It's odd

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information