Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can this be our possible Offsesaon main target?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    A trade idea built on a static presumption (Jrue being definitely gone) is like a house built on a bad foundation.

Nobody, probably not the Pels or Jrue and definitely no fans, knows where Jrue will be next season.
    I'm sure Jrue and his wife have a pretty good idea where they'll be.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think a Bledsoe, Jrue, Hill, AD, Cousins lead team could be top 4 in the West. Depending on who else we brought in maybe top 3.
    Yeah and my plan B would be Knight if Bledsoe costs too much.

I’d do the same trade, but with either one or two first rounders.

Knight/Crawford/Cook
    Holiday/Moore/2017 2nd rounder or D-League*
    Hill/Justin Holiday/Toupane or 2017 2nd rounder*
    David/Cunningham/Diallo
    Cousins/Ajinca/Roster spot left open for trades

*Inactive list

I’m not really a fan of signing a FA or trading for a Lin or Rubio if we don’t get Asik off the team.
    I really don’t want to stretch Asik unless we are likely to obtain an A or A+ player.

I really like hearing the comments that Calipari thought that Knight was the most intelligent player he has ever coached.
    Plus Knight has a pretty good relationship with both Cousins and AD.
    Last edited by AUSSIE_PELICAN; 04-17-2017 at 09:01 PM.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I'm sure Jrue and his wife have a pretty good idea where they'll be.
    A good idea of who will pursue them but tampering says he can't be positive until FA starts and a contract is offered.
    @DanielVeuleman

All potentials. Really interesting to see how this off season shakes out.

Heck, maybe our 1% chance just happens to come through and we win the lottery jackpot. Fun to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by Werdiknight View Post
    Because it's - like Silverfoxx said - goddamn unrealistic. Not just the fact the CP3 has probably better options (Spurs) IF he decided to leave the Clippers... just show me a scenario with just about a 5 percent chance how we could create enough caproom for CP3s max contract. That is just plain silly dreaming, sorry.

I like your scenarios, Silverfoxx - although I disagree that it is "probable" that Jrue leaves. I believe in the end he will probably be resigned (at more than he is worth, but that's another story). 'Cause I don't like Rubio's fit on the team that much I kind of dislike your first option, but actually love the second and even the third one (but would try really hard to hold onto Diallo). I guess those options are really probable options in case Jrue leaves. Well done for bringing those on.
    Thanks man! I hope Jrue stays, but the Knicks is a franchise that's dying to fix it's image, and I can see them throwing him the Max since alot of free agents will not wanna play there. Jrue will because of his brother and the money.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

If Jrue does leave in free agency then I would take option 2 out of those above.

Use all our cap space first on players then trade for Bledsoe.
    So will you be willing to put our future on Bledsoe (who I really like) with his injuries concerns? Keep in mind even PHX couldn't save him from the injury bug.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

Can this be our possible Offsesaon main target?

I like Bledsoe. Injury concerns or not he has a chance to be better playing next to AD and Boogie. If it all it cost to get Bledsoe is a 1st rd pick and matching salaries then you resign Jrue. I can justify overpaying Jrue based on their potential as a unit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    So will you be willing to put our future on Bledsoe (who I really like) with his injuries concerns? Keep in mind even PHX couldn't save him from the injury bug.
    Without his injures we would have to give up more than a 1st.

If you look at the trend for Bledsoe, it seems to be one great year followed by an injury riddled year. Obviously could just be coincidence but it certainly doesn't bode well for next year either haha. It's a tough one in that he is a solid player on a reasonable contract so could potentially be great but that injury history is a huge worry (and we have just had five years of that which has upset everyone). I don't think I would be willing to put our future on him. I think you would need to have either a solid backup brought in with him, or a tip top combo guard alongside. Which then goes along with what some have already said of getting him and Jrue could be nice. But if Jrue is gone then it definitely gets tricky. The scenario above has Frazier going out in the trade so is Quinn Cook enough to fill in while Bledsoe is injured?

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    If you look at the trend for Bledsoe, it seems to be one great year followed by an injury riddled year. Obviously could just be coincidence but it certainly doesn't bode well for next year either haha. It's a tough one in that he is a solid player on a reasonable contract so could potentially be great but that injury history is a huge worry (and we have just had five years of that which has upset everyone). I don't think I would be willing to put our future on him. I think you would need to have either a solid backup brought in with him, or a tip top combo guard alongside. Which then goes along with what some have already said of getting him and Jrue could be nice. But if Jrue is gone then it definitely gets tricky. The scenario above has Frazier going out in the trade so is Quinn Cook enough to fill in while Bledsoe is injured?
    To avoid all of this, wouldnt it make more sense to go after Elfrid Payton?

Lauren is from Indianapolis, Jrue is from Los Angeles

LAL have Russell, Clarkson. May have another PG from the draft.
    LAC may have a need for a PG.
    NOP may give him best and longest deal.

etc etc

So many variables.
    It can go either way.

I may start to speculate after draft lottery (Lakers, Sixers, Knicks) and be almost certain after draft (one week before FA).

I think a Bledsoe, Jrue, Hill, AD, Cousins lead team could be top 4 in the West. Depending on who else we brought in maybe top 3.
    I highly doubt Benson(ownership)is going that deep into luxury tax to get Bledsoe and re-sign Holiday for 20+mil knowing Cousins is due next season.

tax line is going to be 122 millions

I can see a world where we won't be tax team next season - with additional Bledsoe-type contract

but after that - welcome tax...

I can certainly see the option, though as you mentioned it'd be hoping he can improve that shooting quickly. His free throw shooting doesn't look good for it, but then he isn't far behind Jrue this season. Elfrid and Fournier would definitely be a solid pickup and if possible I could get behind it definitely (especially if Jrue is a goner or wants 30+). I'm not sure how much the Magic would be wanting to part with Fournier though seeing as they only just locked him up, but you never know with a new GM and the direction wanted.

Basketball Guru
    the melo trade to the cavs or the clippers may happen now that melo and la la are separating.....i guess the knicks just may go after jrue.....if melo is ready to move then that will change some team and make this free agency period more exciting to see who will be moving and also change free agents minds to see where they may want to play.....if this happens,,i wonder where we will fit in some of these players minds as a team to come to....

I think he's been as healthy as anyone this season. He was sat not due to injury but due to the tank. He still has two years on his current deal too so even if he does get slapped with an injury bug we aren't locked in long term to him. But I think he's worth the risk given our situation.

On a slightly different note but since you mentioned it,

I also don't believe Phoenix is somehow magicians of doctors compared others around the league anymore. With all the advanced tracking and monitoring that's going on with players the difference between the best medical staff and the worst in the NBA is not huge.

If you notice sometime around the All Star break Jrue Holiday started wearing wrist bands on both of his wrists during the game. I do not believe this was a fashion statement but was a biomedical device similar to what Deandre Jordan has worn in the past. This was used to keep track of how much he has ran, how fast, etc etc. The Pelicans have invested heavily in all of this stuff since Gentry got here from GS.

One player has the magical word "potential" the other is already a borderline All Star. Payton may be that good one day but I personally would rather not bank on "potential". We don't need to now that we have AD and Cousins.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I highly doubt Benson(ownership)is going that deep into luxury tax to get Bledsoe and re-sign Holiday for 20+mil knowing Cousins is due next season.
    I've heard rumors that while the Pelicans don't have an "unlimited" budget Benson wants a winner and since the Cousins trade has given free reign on spending to make it happen. This would include going into the luxury tax if need be. Take it for what it's worth.

this is what i envision out offseason looking like if the clippers lose first round.

Option 1) sign Chris Paul, stretch Asik

Option 2) if no Chris Paul, resign Jrue & sign Justin Holiday

Option 3) CP3 doesnt come, Jrue signs elsewhere, no clue where we go from there

stretching Asik and letting walk Jrue does not create room for CP3 max

you have to move another piece
    which might bo doable of course

still doubt that CP3 will come to losing franchise. and Pels - right now - are losing franchise
    remember about 'chemistry' between CP3 and DMC also

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Jeff Teague. Jrue Walks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edit; Wrong thread

The Franchise
    I think either way it's a risk, since I'm not optimistic retaining Jrue, but if he does stay I do not believe Jrue holiday should be our primary ball handler. Mario Hezjonia is worth the trade IMO, the potential is there, and I'm sure the gamble from both Payton And *insert* SG is risky, but I can't see any other scenario where we can be successful long-term and next season for a deep playoff run since the FA class is not too great.
    Option 2 with Bledsoe is ok but I really like option 3. Watching the clip of EP, he is a great passer and seems a willing driver to the hoop and with Fournier on the outside jacking 3's would be just too nice. I agree Fournier is asking too much but we got DC so I wouldn't put it past them to at least try and Hezjonia would be a nice options to test if we couldn't get Fournier.

Something is telling me elfrid will be our starting pg next year and I'm ok with that

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

I was just about to type, "If I had to bet on who our starting PG would be next year. . . "

And then I realized, I have no idea. I haven't been this uncertain about what will happen in a summer since the year we traded for Jrue.

Banned
    We need a Point Guard BAD !!!
    John Wall is the answer hands down dreaming of coarse lol
    Offer the Wizards Q Tip and Asik lol

Thread Information