Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    AND Parker.
    Yes definitely, forgot about parker. Credit to Houston and San Antonio for putting together a decent series to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Haven't been following the playoffs closely at all, but kudos to SA for the series win. Didn't expect it, especially in 6. I wonder how many they'll be able to take from GS.
    It'll atleast go to six.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Wow! I thought S.R. was bad on gameday,

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?...oster-moves.9/
    You aren't wrong! Having a read through now haha. Interesting, one of the threads mentions Morey being on the hot seat with owner - poster seems to be someone who has a solid reputation on the board so assuming they have proven their info previously. would be interesting to say the least.

The Rockets seem to be stuck right where the Clippers are and so many other teams. The NBA has been the Spurs, Warriors, and whoever Lebron is with then everyone else for years now.

Makes for the playoffs to have been pretty boring this year. If I'm Silver and if the refs really are in on the fix then they need the Spurs to beat the Warriors bad to add some excitement back into it.

Some teams get legit ring chasers. Others pay Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon 20mil a year each to play like ring chasers when the games really matter xD

Has anyone found James Harden yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Has anyone found James Harden yet?
    Interesting theories

http://deadspin.com/seriously-what-t...den-1795161021

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.273f6fff631d

Houston most certainly exceeded my expectations for this year. D'Antoni did a helluva job.

However, I do believe a year like this year is their absolute ceiling.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The Rockets seem to be stuck right where the Clippers are and so many other teams. The NBA has been the Spurs, Warriors, and whoever Lebron is with then everyone else for years now.

Makes for the playoffs to have been pretty boring this year. If I'm Silver and if the refs really are in on the fix then they need the Spurs to beat the Warriors bad to add some excitement back into it.
    Good basketball is always exciting. Game 5 was awesome. Some of the Spurs/Grizzlies action was riveting. Clippers/Jazz went 7 and was a good series. The Western Conference playoffs have been good. Chicago/Boston in the East was a good series, as is Boston/Washington. The NBA has always been this way. It was Celtics and Lakers for years. Pistons had their run, then it was Bulls every year.

People these days really struggle with perspective. We got an ultra competitive 7 game series in the finals last year, and could be headed for a rematch. That would be a good thing; it would be the deciding series in a best of 3!

In the previous 13 years we've had 8 different teams with it all. In the 30 years that proceeded this era, we had 10 different teams win championships.

The NBA is fine. Warriors/Cavs for the 3rd time would get significantly higher ratings than any other combination the league could put together.

People who complain about the playoffs clearly are not watching them. How often that happens in life that people complaining don't actually know a thing about the things they are complaining about. Houston San Antonio series was just great to watch. I was really curious what will Popovic come up with against Harden and the stupid 3pt shot foul calls. He didn't complain to the refs but came up with a great strategy that completely limited Harden. Then SA wins without their star player and without another starter. The Boston Washington series is so great to watch as well. The last minute of the last game was incredible.

Meaningless games are meaningless. It didn't matter who won between the Jazz and the Clippers. Both were getting swept by GS. Same goes for the East on the other side. All meaningless because we know who is making it to the finals.

I don't know or care about how basketball was 30 years ago. That was an entirely different era with an entirely different audience. Nor do I care about a winner take all 3 years in a row series, especially after Durant joined the Warriors. That kind of changes everything.

The whole point I'm talking about is there has been no reason to watch so far. Clearly I haven't watched it. I didn't care to.

I'm going to give Spurs vs Warriors a shot because if anyone has a chance it will be Pop but they have injuries that will make it difficult.

Meaningless games are meaningless. It didn't matter who won between the Jazz and the Clippers. Both were getting swept by GS. Same goes for the East on the other side. All meaningless because we know who is making it to the finals.

I don't know or care about how basketball was 30 years ago. That was an entirely different era with an entirely different audience. Nor do I care about a winner take all 3 years in a row series, especially after Durant joined the Warriors. That kind of changes everything.

The whole point I'm talking about is there has been no reason to watch so far. Clearly I haven't watched it. I didn't care to.

I'm going to give Spurs vs Warriors a shot because if anyone has a chance it will be Pop but they have injuries that will make it difficult.
    If NBA is only about the finals why do you follow the Pelicans? They will not win in in the near future or actually maybe in the distant future either. I love basketball and I enjoy these playoffs. And I disagree that noone will beat the Cavs and the Warriors. Maybe not this year but what if Boston adds a star to that roster or Washington strenghten the bench? How long will the Warriors keep this team together? One more year max.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    If NBA is only about the finals why do you follow the Pelicans? They will not win in in the near future or actually maybe in the distant future either. I love basketball and I enjoy these playoffs. And I disagree that noone will beat the Cavs and the Warriors. Maybe not this year but what if Boston adds a star to that roster or Washington strenghten the bench? How long will the Warriors keep this team together? One more year max.
    Caring about one team does not mean I care about ALL teams. That should be clear.

I also only watch Saints football games and the playoffs, but the NFL playoffs are far superior to basketball because of the winner take all nature.

As far as the rest of what you posted goes, exactly. Maybe next year I will have more interest in the playoffs. But this year feels meaningless because the outcome is almost certain.

Caring about one team does not mean I care about ALL teams. That should be clear.

I also only watch Saints football games and the playoffs, but the NFL playoffs are far superior to basketball because of the winner take all nature.

As far as the rest of what you posted goes, exactly. Maybe next year I will have more interest in the playoffs. But this year feels meaningless because the outcome is almost certain.
    that is why you missed POP's magic in the houston series

Besides having NBA league pass subscripiotn I also have the NFL one even if it is much more expensive. I watch the Saints and all TNF, SNF and MNF

I would love SA to beat the Warriors

Durant is 7 feet tall but he's a guard. LA should be able to score at will down there. He's basically scored every time he touches the ball.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

i am lovin first quarter

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    i am lovin first quarter
    Oh this would be incredibly beautiful if they win the series

Amazing start for the Spurs.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I'm hoping DWest gets his ring finally but would be happy if Spurs win series.

And now the refs are starting to call some questionable things smh

Warriors getting all the tacky calls.

Its hard to shoot 3's when you're getting beat up in the post. Keep feeding the post.

Its hard to play defense when you can set illegal screens

Draymond and Durant cannot defend the post against 7 footers. Pop is going to make them.

Thread Information