Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

NBA Playoffs Thread

I think the Cavs and GSW have had similar paths thus far. In fact, I think Toronto challenges for a top 2 seed with the trades they made if given a full season. What Cleveland did to them is way more impressive than what GSW is doing to Utah, a team in my opinion that is severely overrated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have the Warriors even broke a sweat yet? Face it we had no hope if we were that #8 seed.
    Last edited by Champ; 05-08-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    It's not logic it just is what it is.

The Warriors won in 6 in 2015. If Love and Kyrie play, that's definitely a different series, and Cavs could have won. Both teams earned their titles. Discussing what actually happened in those series is neither rubbish or excuses, it's just what happened. Neither series is identical to what they were if circumstances had been different. I don't know why anyone gets sensitive and touchy about this. The Cavs weren't at their best, and loss in 6 to the Warriors. The Warriors weren't at their best, and loss in 7 to the Cavs.

IMO, the Warriors are a much better team now than they were last year, or the year before. Just like last year the Cavs were a much better team with Love and Kyrie healthy than they were in 2015 Finals. However even though the Cavs have played better in the playoffs, I don't think they're as good as they were in last year's finals.
    The Cavs are playing better than they ever have, since LeBron returned to Cleveland. I thought that was pretty apparent to anyone that's been watching the playoffs. I'd pick them over the Warriors right now, but it'll be a good series for sure.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    The Cavs are playing better than they ever have, since LeBron returned to Cleveland. I thought that was pretty apparent to anyone that's been watching the playoffs. I'd pick them over the Warriors right now, but it'll be a good series for sure.
    The Cavs' defense is still suspect.

Are the Cavs good are the East just garbage?

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/08/...od-basketball/

• Green is right, nobody was terribly impressed by Indiana in the first round, then again nobody was impressed by Portland either.

• In the second round, the Cavaliers played better defense, exploited mismatches, and dismissed the 51-win Raptors with ease. The Warriors are up 3-0 heading into Monday night’s game with the 51-win Utah Jazz. While I would argue the Jazz are better built for the postseason than the Raptors, it’s not like the Warriors have had a difficult path through the playoffs.

• It’s not the Cavaliers’ fault that the rest of the East does not have a true contender among them. If anything, teams on the rise in the East are trying to make their peak a couple of years from now when, in theory, LeBron James and the Cavaliers have started to fade. Right now, Cleveland is a juggernaut in the East.

• LeBron has been the best player in the playoffs, and most concerning to Golden State should be his 46.8 percent three-point shooting in the postseason. Golden State’s go-to strategy against LeBron is to go under the pick and dare him to beat them with his jumper, because that’s less dangerous than him on the drive, but if LeBron is knocking down those shots a Finals rubber match just got a lot more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The Cavs' defense is still suspect.
    It looked pretty damn good vs Toronto. LeBron is playing better than ever and looks as determined as he's ever been. That's scary for the Warriors. This Cleveland team is the most well rounded and deep that it's been since he went back. I think they repeat.

I really think LBJ is a polarizing figure. People love to hate him and they discredit his accomplishments. If GSW played in the east, we'd be talking about how much the east was improving. Truth is the Cavs have cranked up the defense. This is not the same Cavs team from regular season. As good as the Warriors defense is, they're not stopping the cavs from scoring. It's gonna be a shootout every game. I can't wait to see that series if it happens
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Spurs defense coming up big! Mills and Ginobili great effort. Meanwhile Leonard tweaked ankle sitting for the whole of OT as well.

Quote Originally Posted by billfromfinance View Post
    Spurs defense coming up big! Mills and Ginobili great effort. Meanwhile Leonard tweaked ankle sitting for the whole of OT as well.
    That was an awesome back and forth game, right til the end. Whew, exciting stuff

Trade AD for Manu. Championship.

The only good games this post season rockets spurs

Finally! I knew this Rockets and Spurs series would give us a good game eventually. Manu of all people, coming up with the clutch block!

Just don't understand how giving the ball to Gordon with 16 seconds left in OT could have gone wrong for Houston.

Is it just my TV or do I see plenty of empty seats in Houston right now?

Well looks like I was wrong about Houston. Looks like the NBA wants GS vs Cleveland.

Hard fall for Harden and the Rockets, not a way to go out at home. Full credit to the Spurs doing it without Kawhi.

AND Parker.

What's this? The combined 35m of Gordon and Anderson netted the Rockets 6 points on 2-15 shooting?

How is this possible?

spurs murdered them without tp or leornard smdh..rockets fans want to trade harden now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    spurs murdered them without tp or leornard smdh..rockets fans want to trade harden now lol
    Do they want Asik back?

So happy right now. Up yours, Houston!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Well looks like I was wrong about Houston. Looks like the NBA wants GS vs Cleveland.
    The Spurs are a better matchup with Golden St, than Houston will ever be.

Haven't been following the playoffs closely at all, but kudos to SA for the series win. Didn't expect it, especially in 6. I wonder how many they'll be able to take from GS.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Thread Information