Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure some of you guys are really enjoying the playoffs but for some reason this year I just don't care about them at all.

I'll check the box scores every few days and that's it. I just have no desire to watch any of these games. It has been years since I've felt this way. I think it's because of the Warriors, I simply don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'm sure some of you guys are really enjoying the playoffs but for some reason this year I just don't care about them at all.

I'll check the box scores every few days and that's it. I just have no desire to watch any of these games. It has been years since I've felt this way. I think it's because of the Warriors, I simply don't care.
    Spurs/Rockets series is worth watching. The rest has been pretty boring so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I agree, Houston vs SA is the marquee matchup for the second round. I've also enjoyed watching the Celtics vs Wizards due to the intense rivalry between those two teams.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 05-04-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Agreed, but I also enjoy watching the Wiz.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Hou/SA will be a good series. Celtics/Wiz could be if Washington shows up. I don't trust them. The Cavs/Raptors series might go 6 but it will feel like a Cavs sweep. And Utah is...learning the hard way. I agree, not much to get excited about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LeBron in the playoffs is a magical thing.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Leave it to Pops to be the one to stay big when Houston is small. And it worked.

Would love to have a Clint Capela/Tristan Thompson type backup big on this team though. Diallo would be perfect if he can add about 30/40 lbs.
    Last edited by luckyman; 05-06-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Leave it to Pops to be the one to stay big when Houston is small. And it worked.

Would love to have a Clint Capela/Tristan Thompson type backup big on this team though. Diallo would be perfect if he can add about 30/40 lbs.
    Yep I have high hopes that Diallo develops into just that type of player.

Diallo and TT had near identical measurements coming out of college. Same no shoe height, Diallo has longer arms number wider shoulders so their standing reach is basically the same (at the combine Diallo was 1" less but at an earlier hoops summit he was a .5" more), max vert and no step vert basically the same (Diallo 1" more). Weight was 8 lbs different between the two.

Diallo also shows a bit more of flashes on offense but overall if he becomes TT we will have gotten a steal in the draft. A great backup big who can play with either AD or DC.

Agree.
    But I am little afraid that he will fall in love with his midrange shot.
    He may use it sometimes. But his main goal should be around the rim.

It is better to be an elite on something than ok on 3-4 things

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Agreed, but I also enjoy watching the Wiz.
    this. Spurs vs Rockets is a great series. I was curious to see what Popovis comes up with against Harden and I love what he is doing. The Wizards series is great too

Wished we could get John Wall on this team with AD and Boogie I know it's a pipe dream but would that be a perfect match or what ?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone catch what Charles Barkley said about watching the early game with Alvin Gentry in the pre-game to the Spurs-Rockets game? I was in the kitchen and couldn't really hear, but it sounded like he said he was "'talking Alvin out of retiring," then tried to walk it back. I really couldn't hear it clearly though, so I might be missing something important. Anyone catch this?

Does anyone here disagree that the Cavs are gonna win the whole thing? They are dominant.

Does anyone here disagree that the Cavs are gonna win the whole thing? They are dominant.
    Yeah, the finals between them and GS are going to go down in history. Its crazy how these guys are just steam rolling through the competition. They both just have this second gear.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I think Cavs' path is easier to get there, so they're the safer bet. But if it's Cavs/Warriors again, I think Warriors are the better team. Cavs needed a Draymond suspension and every minute of game 7 to win last year, and the Warriors have improved more than the Cavs in the last 11 months. They went from Harrison Barnes to Kevin Durant! Remember how bad Barnes played and how that really tanked the Warriors? That will be KD getting those looks this year. I think it's Warriors in 5 or 6.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I think Cavs' path is easier to get there, so they're the safer bet. But if it's Cavs/Warriors again, I think Warriors are the better team. Cavs needed a Draymond suspension and every minute of game 7 to win last year, and the Warriors have improved more than the Cavs in the last 11 months. They went from Harrison Barnes to Kevin Durant! Remember how bad Barnes played and how that really tanked the Warriors? That will be KD getting those looks this year. I think it's Warriors in 5 or 6.
    By this logic, GSW needed for Irving and love to be hurt to win the 1st time. Both teams earned their titles. All that other rubbish is just an excuse. Also the west isn't as good as people say. GSW played a hurt Portland and an overmatched Utah. Both teams have had a cakewalk thus far
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Basketball Guru
    A lot of yall didnt think houston would make the playoff by saying they dont play defense....it goes to show if you have firepower it can get you into the playoff and it take a team as a whole to play defense and effort......i really wanted houston and GS to meet in the second round so that GS would have a fight early..........

I dont like GS but i want them to win it all on the hopes that other big FA see what KD did and follow that road to thinking they can get a title by joining AD and boogie lol........but if lebron win it again then i wonder how would that effect FA mind that he beat a heavy top GS team........

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    By this logic, GSW needed for Irving and love to be hurt to win the 1st time. Both teams earned their titles. All that other rubbish is just an excuse. Also the west isn't as good as people say. GSW played a hurt Portland and an overmatched Utah. Both teams have had a cakewalk thus far
    It's not logic it just is what it is.

The Warriors won in 6 in 2015. If Love and Kyrie play, that's definitely a different series, and Cavs could have won. Both teams earned their titles. Discussing what actually happened in those series is neither rubbish or excuses, it's just what happened. Neither series is identical to what they were if circumstances had been different. I don't know why anyone gets sensitive and touchy about this. The Cavs weren't at their best, and loss in 6 to the Warriors. The Warriors weren't at their best, and loss in 7 to the Cavs.

IMO, the Warriors are a much better team now than they were last year, or the year before. Just like last year the Cavs were a much better team with Love and Kyrie healthy than they were in 2015 Finals. However even though the Cavs have played better in the playoffs, I don't think they're as good as they were in last year's finals.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    A lot of yall didnt think houston would make the playoff by saying they dont play defense....it goes to show if you have firepower it can get you into the playoff and it take a team as a whole to play defense and effort......i really wanted houston and GS to meet in the second round so that GS would have a fight early..........

I dont like GS but i want them to win it all on the hopes that other big FA see what KD did and follow that road to thinking they can get a title by joining AD and boogie lol........but if lebron win it again then i wonder how would that effect FA mind that he beat a heavy top GS team........
    It wouldn't change much. LBJ is one of the greatest ever. Dudes are teaming up to beat him.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    It wouldn't change much. LBJ is one of the greatest ever. Dudes are teaming up to beat him.

if he beat GS with the talent GS have at the top then i guess you have to look at the way the cavs are built to combat the 3 point shooting GS have....so i guess you need a dominant wing with some shooting,,defense and rebounding.....

One of the dumbest things basketball fans and pundits engage in is the act of devaluing a player's legacy on the basis of finals losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yep I have high hopes that Diallo develops into just that type of player.

Diallo and TT had near identical measurements coming out of college. Same no shoe height, Diallo has longer arms number wider shoulders so their standing reach is basically the same (at the combine Diallo was 1" less but at an earlier hoops summit he was a .5" more), max vert and no step vert basically the same (Diallo 1" more). Weight was 8 lbs different between the two.

Diallo also shows a bit more of flashes on offense but overall if he becomes TT we will have gotten a steal in the draft. A great backup big who can play with either AD or DC.
    That's been my hope for him too, but he's shown flashes of a more diverse skillset on the offensive end.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    One of the dumbest things basketball fans and pundits engage in is the act of devaluing a player's legacy on the basis of finals losses.
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Anyone catch what Charles Barkley said about watching the early game with Alvin Gentry in the pre-game to the Spurs-Rockets game? I was in the kitchen and couldn't really hear, but it sounded like he said he was "'talking Alvin out of retiring," then tried to walk it back. I really couldn't hear it clearly though, so I might be missing something important. Anyone catch this?
    Were you able to find anything more on this? I tried searching for a few clips on youtube but couldn't find anything with what you mentioned.

Thread Information