Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread

Jen Hale just had some air time on TNT. Representin

Basketball Guru
    man,,,Memphis and the spurs are playing a hell of a good game....conerly and leonard and are showing their star power in this game..

If you are Portland, do you have buyers remorse after giving Evan Turner, Leonard, Crabbe, and Harkless those contracts? All that money, and nothing but mediocre play.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Nate McMillian is coaching this series like his protege Monty Williams. Tom Crean (former IU coach) was also spotted at the Pacers game with Donnie Walsh. Could he be the next coach in Indy if McMillian is cut loose?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    If you are Portland, do you have buyers remorse after giving Evan Turner, Leonard, Crabbe, and Harkless those contracts? All that money, and nothing but mediocre play.
    Rockets have RA buyer's remorse.

Anyone see Robin Lopez untie Jae Crowder's shoe after Crowder threw Lopez's shoe that had fallen off out of bounds? I always liked that guy.

Basketball Guru
    lawd,,gordon explode to the rim and posterize someone lol....

Patrick Beverley: "[Russ] looked up and said, 'No one can guard me, I got 40 points.' I'm like, that's nice, you took 34 shots to get it."

I respect Russ for his talent, not so much for his kinda leadership

but at least (soccer climax but still)

Russ scored 47 points on 34 shots. His points per possession were 1.38 (which is pretty darn good).

Beverley went 2-13 for 6.

For the series, Westbrook missed 35 of 49 4th quarter shots. Nobody around him could shoot either, but that's incredible...

his FG were 15-34 (which is ok), 3P - 5-18 (which is not good)
    Houston's tactic was to allow him to shoot. and he was allowed, by forcing his shots.

I am trying to find his stats being guarded by Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Beverley went 2-13 for 6.
    Beverley went 6-10

15 points on 10 shots

it is 1,5 which is pretty pretty darn good

for the series...

Beverley is a gamer. He isn't claiming to be a shooter, he is claiming to be a defensive stopper, and he is.

How about dem Jazz. They are clicking at the right time, and Joe Johnson is one of the top performers in these playoffs. I can see them making a run at the WCFs.

They can make a run at WCF. They just need to beat the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Beverley went 6-10

15 points on 10 shots
    For some reason the Yahoo Sports App was showing Beverley's game 4 stats for his game 5. Weird. So it was game 4 he went 2-13.

Either way, 47 points on 34 shots. Beverley is running his mouth because Houston won. But he picked the wrong game to do it. His own boy Harden was 8-25 for 34 points or 1.36 ppp.

The Deadline trade for Lou Williams saved the Rockets. Take him off and the Rockets are going home already. I simply see no point in any of them running their mouth after the 1st series especially not Beverley after Westbrook dropped 47. It's stupid.

Beverley is a gamer. He isn't claiming to be a shooter, he is claiming to be a defensive stopper, and he is.

How about dem Jazz. They are clicking at the right time, and Joe Johnson is one of the top performers in these playoffs. I can see them making a run at the WCFs.
    Couldn't be happier to see the Clippers get beat. Blow up the team. It would be ultimate justice if Chris and Blake leave after convincing Deandre to resign with them.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    They can make a run at WCF. They just need to beat the Warriors.
    I'm not saying the Jazz will beat the Ws, but at full strength they have a team that can compete with the Warriors in a 7 game series. It was nice to see Rodney Hood coming up big last night. He is an X factor in any series because of what he can bring to a game. Also, Dante Exum went from being expected to be the next great thing to being just another guy. Time to hit him with that bust label.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm not saying the Jazz will beat the Ws, but at full strength they have a team that can compete with the Warriors in a 7 game series. It was nice to see Rodney Hood coming up big last night. He is an X factor in any series because of what he can bring to a game. Also, Dante Exum went from being expected to be the next great thing to being just another guy. Time to hit him with that bust label.
    I think Warriors sweep them. I think people have just gotten accustomed to how good that team is and take it for granted. They've been playing without Livingston and Barnes off the bench and still look great. They look great without Kerr. They look great without Durant. That team is special.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I think Warriors sweep them. I think people have just gotten accustomed to how good that team is and take it for granted. They've been playing without Livingston and Barnes off the bench and still look great. They look great without Kerr. They look great without Durant. That team is special.

one important key to beating GS is having bigs that can offensive and defensive rebound and can score in the paint and draw fouls......memphis,,,OKC,,cavs,,spurs,,all have that and proved that it works beating GS when you have that component........utah have the big boy that can give GS problems inside and if their outside shooting is on then utah would not get swept....

AD,,boogie and ajinca is the reason why i like our chances in the future against GS....all we need is a PG and shooters and let the chips fall where they fall......

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    If Utah could produce some consistent offense, I'd might agree that they could scare a contender. But bad matchups and struggling to score 95 will lead to GSW sending them home pretty early. This is assuming they can close out LAC which is not a given.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Utah has been avg. 99ppg during this series with LA. Crazy thing is that Joe Johnson was a none factor during the regular season (avg 9.2 ppg), but in the playoffs he is putting up 18.2 ppg. Utah is finding their offense at the right time.

People really use to say Jrue was a Conley level player that's so disrespectful to Conley.

1-6

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    People really use to say Jrue was a Conley level player that's so disrespectful to Conley.
    Seeing that the Pels were interested in signing Mike Conley as a free agent this past year, I'm taking that to mean that Dell & Co. have been well aware that Conley's the more talented PG.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Utah has been avg. 99ppg during this series with LA. Crazy thing is that Joe Johnson was a none factor during the regular season (avg 9.2 ppg), but in the playoffs he is putting up 18.2 ppg. Utah is finding their offense at the right time.
    99 is not getting it done against GSW. Iso-Joe is a cute 1st rd story, but a strategy to compete meaningfully it is not. (See Hawks, Atlanta circa 2008-2012)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Information