Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread

Geezus Christ they are seriously just letting the warriors foul up and down wow

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Warriors find ways to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Warriors find ways to win.
    Kawhi getting hurt was great strategy on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    And still should of lost how can team be so lucky with other teams injuries wow

The Spurs had that game on lock. Such a shame.

I think if Leonard can get healthy this will be a close series. Perhaps even 7 games.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pop made one mistake. he should have let Kawaii finish this game and sat him in the next game. He could have flown home after this game in preparation for game 3. GSW has crazy luck with not playing teams at full strength in the playoffs.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    In 2007, the Suns had to play without All NBA level Amare and 50 lbs lighter Diaw for game 5 against the Spurs in a very ridiculous ruling by the NBA.

Lebron caught the cramps in game 1 of the 2014 series @ San Antonio because their AC broke. With James playing only five minutes in the fourth quarter, the San Antonio Spurs outscored the Heat 36-17 over the final 12 minutes to win 110-95 and take a 1-0 series lead.

Rasheed Wallace mistakenly left Horry wide open in a game 5 in Detroit and Horry nailed a buzzer beater. That was a 7 game series the Spurs easily could have loss.

I won't shed a single tear for their team.

Go Spurs Go (out in 5).

While I don't feel sorry for the Spurs, I absolutely hate the warriors. It's pick your poison.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    While I don't feel sorry for the Spurs, I absolutely hate the warriors. It's pick your poison.
    Agreed, I want the Warriors to lose primarily because of Durant, but I dislike that whole team in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I think this might need to go in the MLE thread.

Agreed, I want the Warriors to lose primarily because of Durant, but I dislike that whole team in general.
    I've been a Warriors fan since the Run TMC days. I'd never wear Warriors gear to a Pelicans game, and when Pelicans and Warriors went head to head in the 1st round I had no hesitation about where my loyalties were (w/ Pelicans). But I don't understand all the hate for the Warriors. They've always been a fun team to follow and have guys that are hard not to like. Curry wasn't recruited by any of the big schools and turned Davidson into a threat. He suffered through what looked like career derailing ankle injuries to bounce back and turn himself into an MVP. Durant has always done things the right way and was universally the model for how we want our superstars to act. Klay Thompson is a two way player who worked on his game and got better every year, and appears to be a model citizen. The father son relationship between Klay and his dad is the antithesis to LaVar Ball who everyone seems to hate. Draymond Green was a 2nd round player who does all the little things on a court you need to do in order to win, and plays the game with passion.

Conversely, the Spurs have a dude on their roster who slept with his teammate's wife (that would be Tony Parker), a guy chasing another ring (Gasol), a coach who is great and therefor gets away with frequently being a donkey, LaMarcus Aldridge who is and will forever be LaMarcus Aldridge (a guy who abandoned a young playoff team to sign a max with a franchise that had already won title(s)), and Kawhi Leonard -who is great, but could easily be the quiet serial killer living next door that everyone is baffled because they didn't see the beheadings and necrophilia coming.

The only really lovable player on the Spurs is Manu!!! And it's OK, I guess, to root for Kawhi in the same way that some people root for Jason in the Friday the 13th movies.

But seriously... why do people hate the Warriors? I HATE the Falcons. So when I hear the word hate I only know one way to interpret it. If it's something like a jealousy/envy kind of "hate", that's perfectly understandable.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Pop made one mistake. he should have let Kawaii finish this game and sat him in the next game. He could have flown home after this game in preparation for game 3. GSW has crazy luck with not playing teams at full strength in the playoffs.
    They didn't face a single healthy starting PG for an entire series during their title run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I've been a Warriors fan since the Run TMC days. I'd never wear Warriors gear to a Pelicans game, and when Pelicans and Warriors went head to head in the 1st round I had no hesitation about where my loyalties were (w/ Pelicans). But I don't understand all the hate for the Warriors. They've always been a fun team to follow and have guys that are hard not to like. Curry wasn't recruited by any of the big schools and turned Davidson into a threat. He suffered through what looked like career derailing ankle injuries to bounce back and turn himself into an MVP. Durant has always done things the right way and was universally the model for how we want our superstars to act. Klay Thompson is a two way player who worked on his game and got better every year, and appears to be a model citizen. The father son relationship between Klay and his dad is the antithesis to LaVar Ball who everyone seems to hate. Draymond Green was a 2nd round player who does all the little things on a court you need to do in order to win, and plays the game with passion.

Conversely, the Spurs have a dude on their roster who slept with his teammate's wife (that would be Tony Parker), a guy chasing another ring (Gasol), a coach who is great and therefor gets away with frequently being a donkey, LaMarcus Aldridge who is and will forever be LaMarcus Aldridge (a guy who abandoned a young playoff team to sign a max with a franchise that had already won title(s)), and Kawhi Leonard -who is great, but could easily be the quiet serial killer living next door that everyone is baffled because they didn't see the beheadings and necrophilia coming.

The only really lovable player on the Spurs is Manu!!! And it's OK, I guess, to root for Kawhi in the same way that some people root for Jason in the Friday the 13th movies.

But seriously... why do people hate the Warriors? I HATE the Falcons. So when I hear the word hate I only know one way to interpret it. If it's something like a jealousy/envy kind of "hate", that's perfectly understandable.
    Lol I feel like you were reaching with the spurs.... but KD left his team for the team that beat him in the conference finals especially when they were up 3-1.... He also could have handled Westbrook and the team better... curry acts likes a goody goody 2 shoe and says slick comments and then plays all innocent... Draymond come on the dude is a walking nutcracker and talks a lot especially calling other ppl dirty..... they are just a team that is on their high horse and looks down on teams... Also KD complained about competition when LeBron went to the heat but heads over to the warriors lol
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Barnes is on the Warriors. Whatever Parker did is nothing compared to Barnes. Heck the guy still has an ongoing case about him beating up some guy at a bar.

Draymond Green is one of the if not the dirtiest players in the entire NBA. Last year in the playoffs he showed exactly what he was and he's done nothing to change that perception.

The Warriors have ring chasers on their team too. From David West, which I at least understand he's earned the right to chase one. But they also have Durant, a guy who abandoned a team that just last year took the Warriors to game 7, and he went and joined them like a coward.

Actually, the more I read your post, the more I believe you're absolutely joking. Every claim you've laid against the Spurs the Warriors have someone who's done the same if not worse.

Barnes is on the Warriors. Whatever Parker did is nothing compared to Barnes. Heck the guy still has an ongoing case about him beating up some guy at a bar.

Draymond Green is one of the if not the dirtiest players in the entire NBA. Last year in the playoffs he showed exactly what he was and he's done nothing to change that perception.

The Warriors have ring chasers on their team too. From David West, which I at least understand he's earned the right to chase one. But they also have Durant, a guy who abandoned a team that just last year took the Warriors to game 7, and he went and joined them like a coward.

Actually, the more I read your post, the more I believe you're absolutely joking. Every claim you've laid against the Spurs the Warriors have someone who's done the same if not worse.
    That was sort of my point. People hate the Warriors, but are the Spurs any different?
    I don't know how you can compare anything Barnes did to Tony Parker fooling around with a teammate's wife.
    Manu, who we all love now, spent a large part of his career as the poster boy for flopping.
    Are people really crushing KD while defending Aldridge, who left a young Blazers team on the rise, and has always been, well...LaMarcus Aldridge?

I guess I view players leaving via free agency differently. I understand why fans of the team they left are upset, but I never understand why fans of other teams get worked into a tizzy. I think it's gotta be some sort of manifestation of an inferiority complex. But these guys have every right to join whatever team they want to join. I applaud guys like Lebron, KD, and Aldridge who earn the right to make decisions about their lives and exercise those rights in their best interest. I can understand disgust with someone like CP3 or Carmelo, because they forced their way out of situations they didn't want to be in. But KD was a model NBA player before he ...gosh, oh no... did what he thought was best for him within the rules of the business he earns a living in!

Have other NBA players actually called Draymond one of the dirtiest players in the NBA, or even the respected media types? I hear that a lot from fans, but that's pretty much it. He's loud and arrogant, so people want to hate him. I get that. But if he was on the Pelicans roster he'd be a fan favorite. People loved the Bird Man. Draymond is 1000x better than the Bird Man and equally an underdog story... without you know, having ever been banned by the NBA.

But it's funny that you mention David West, because the 1st team he joined to chase a ring was ...the Spurs! It's also funny that people criticize ESPN for "leaning left and being too political", but Pop gets a pass.

Whether you chose to hate a team or not is entirely personal and what makes sports fun... I was really just curious as to why the hate for the Warriors. And as I suspected, it's the type of "hate" people always have for the best teams.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    True story. That video could have been 30 min of Bruce Bown low lights. As long as Bruce Bowens breaths I will never lose sleep over a Spurs player being injured.

Bowens had a tendency to put his feet under the feet of shooters once they left the ground, that way when they landed they either landed on his foot (and hurt themselves) or they couldn't concentrate on their shot as much because they had to focus on the landing as well (which would also ultimately end them them getting hurt). Yeah, it sucks that Leonard got hurt, but i'm not losing any sleep.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 05-15-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    True story. That video could have been 30 min of Bruce Bown low lights. As long as Bruce Bowens breaths I will never lose sleep over a Spurs player being injured.

Bowens had a tendency to put his feet under the feet of shooters once they left the ground, that way when they landed they either landed on his foot (and hurt themselves) or they couldn't concentrate on their shot as much because they had to focus on the landing as well (which would also ultimately end them them getting hurt). Yeah, it sucks that Leonard got hurt, but i'm not losing any sleep.
    So Bowens being a dirty player makes it open seasons on Spurs players forever?

So Bowens being a dirty player makes it open seasons on Spurs players forever?
    No, just means the Spurs should be the last people complaining about dirty play.

Heck, does no one remember why Amare and Diaw missed game 5 of the Spurs/Suns series back in Gentry's prime as a coach? Its because Robert Horry planted Nash into the scorers table (non-basketball play) when the Suns were up with 15 seconds to go in the 4th qtr.

Nobody is saying that the Spurs are dirty, but I wont be crying for their loss of Leonard.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    No, just means the Spurs should be the last people complaining about dirty play.

Heck, does no one remember why Amare and Diaw missed game 5 of the Spurs/Suns series back in Gentry's prime as a coach? Its because Robert Horry planted Nash into the scorers table (non-basketball play) when the Suns were up with 15 seconds to go in the 4th qtr.

Nobody is saying that the Spurs are dirty, but I wont be crying for their loss of Leonard.
    I guess I just don't understand grouping all these players together because they played for the Spurs. Kawhi Leonard is the opposite of a dirty player. He plays the game the way it should be played. He's probably the most humble player I've ever seen in the NBA. So I can't understand how something Robert Horry or Bruce Bowens did a decade ago, should have anything to do with Kawhi getting injured.

I guess I just don't understand grouping all these players together because they played for the Spurs. Kawhi Leonard is the opposite of a dirty player. He plays the game the way it should be played. He's probably the most humble player I've ever seen in the NBA. So I can't understand how something Robert Horry or Bruce Bowens did a decade ago, should have anything to do with Kawhi getting injured.
    These are all the same things people were saying about Durant until he decided he wanted to play for the Warriors and live in the Bay Area, instead of being stuck playing with a chucker like Russ in Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    These are all the same things people were saying about Durant until he decided he wanted to play for the Warriors and live in the Bay Area, instead of being stuck playing with a chucker like Russ in Oklahoma.
    Yeah that's why it was so surprising when Durant took the easy path. I thought he was something he's not. I lost all respect for KD when he left OKC. That makes me appreciate Kawhi even more. He's a rare breed in the NBA.

Who said anything about Leonard deserving what the injury he got? I love Leonard, and think he is a great guy. I think the Spurs are a model franchise as well. What I am saying though is that the Spurs in general wont be getting any feelings of sympathy from me. That franchise has received so lucky over the better part of two decades where all I can think of is "oh well."

"Popovich furious about Zaza's undercut"

he right

Thread Information