Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Idea

Trade Idea

Pels Sign and Trade Jrue, Asik and two non consecutive 1st Round Picks
    Wizards Send Wall + Mahinmi (16mm for 3 more years)

We absorb the worst contract in the NBA, and stretch him. Is that enough to get wall?

Who says no? (I assume numbers would work after we sign Jrue to his extension.)

Over the past 7 years Wall has averaged 18 points and 9 assists. Do the Wizards think John Wall is going to get them a championship when his extension is 35mm+? I think thats a tougher decision than most on here think I guess.
    Last edited by heybigmatt; 05-22-2017 at 09:15 PM.

The Wizards block our number for at least a year.

Honestly why would the wizards do this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Dump Q Tip in the deal as well

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    For this to happen the Wizards would need to be in total love with Jrue Holiday. Like in a Buddy Hield to the Kings owner kinda infatuation.

Highly, highly unlikely.

Wall is the face of that franchise and a superstar PG. Washington is not letting him go.

The Asik component takes this proposal from unrealistic to infinitesimal.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I updated it to address the perceived ridiculousness of the initial offer.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    You're still going to need to double that offer...then half it...then double it again...and no.

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    Pels Sign and Trade Jrue, Asik and two non consecutive 1st Round Picks
    Wizards Send Wall + Mahinmi (16mm for 3 more years)

We absorb the worst contract in the NBA, and stretch him. Is that enough to get wall?

Who says no? (I assume numbers would work after we sign Jrue to his extension.)

Over the past 7 years Wall has averaged 18 points and 9 assists. Do the Wizards think John Wall is going to get them a championship when his extension is 35mm+? I think thats a tougher decision than most on here think I guess.
    The Wizards. Definitely the Wizards.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    The Asik component takes this proposal from unrealistic to infinitesimal.
    It's the Wall component

While on the subject of "creative" trade ideas :

Pels get:
    Melo (he waives his no trade clause)
    Lance Thomas
    Knicks 2017 1st round Pick ( Knicks make this pick for the pels and trade is completed once FA opens up)

Knicks get:
    Jrue Holiday via S&T
    Pels 2018 1st rounder

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopsguy View Post
    While on the subject of "creative" trade ideas :

Pels get:
    Melo (he waives his no trade clause)
    Lance Thomas
    Knicks 2017 1st round Pick ( Knicks make this pick for the pels and trade is completed once FA opens up)

Knicks get:
    Jrue Holiday via S&T
    Pels 2018 1st rounder
    If you're going to bring in Melo, at least foist the Asik deal off on them. At this point I think Phil would trade him fro ANYTHING anybody offered, and its his own fault for driving down his value.

We're gonna get a Wall and make Washington pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    The Wizards block our number for at least a year.
    JAJAJAJAJAJA TRUE

Wall is not leaving Washington, WTF...

Pelicans

What would you guys think about taking a 1 year deal with Derrick Rose? He had a good year last year until he got injured but he could come cheap... He can play the point or off the ball which compliments Jrue as he can play off the ball as well... My short list for the Pels off season moves:
    #1 Resign Jrue Holiday
    #2 Trade or Release and stretch Omer Asik
    Sign 1 of these 2 Guards: Ben McLemore, Tony Snell, Jonathon Simmons, Tim Hardaway Jr., Justin Holiday
    Add backup SF: CJ Miles, Omri Cassipi, PJ Tucker, Michael Beasley, Dante Cunningham
    Draft: Dwayne Bacon, PJ Dozier, Dillon Brooks or Josh Hart

Hard pass on Rose. He was awful last year, he just put up some decent looking counting stats. He's a chucker who thinks he's still as athletic as he was before the lower half of his body imploded. And all indications are that he thinks he's worth a lot more than we should even contemplate giving him.

I'd love to give McLemore a prove it deal though. 2 years around 4 mil a year sounds like it should get it done, but it's hard to gauge his market.I think the other 2's you mentioned will be really expensive, especially Hardaway.

Also in favor of keeping Cunningham around. He always hustles and has improved every year he's been here.

I feel like the only way we get another top player is if that player creates the leverage to come play with AD and DC and wants out of his team. We probably have more of a chance with CP3 than wall.

I'll say this, that Johnathan Simmons kid played really well in the playoffs.

AD and McLemore have a good relationship. I would like him on a prove-it deal. Would love to see AD and Boogie recruit a solid player here, but neither have been known to do that.

Johnathan Simmons
    I've been liked this dude since he put curry's shot on the backboard the first game of the season and wanted him since but does he honestly fit our needs?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    AD and McLemore have a good relationship. I would like him on a prove-it deal. Would love to see AD and Boogie recruit a solid player here, but neither have been known to do that.
    Cousins also likes McLemore and with Bogdanovic possibly coming over and Buddy/Richardson already on the roster, McLemore won't get more than maybe a QO from the Kings. He is somewhat inconsistent, but still young and made nice strides over last season under Joerger.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Johnathan Simmons
    I've been liked this dude since he put curry's shot on the backboard the first game of the season and wanted him since but does he honestly fit our needs?
    Why not? He is a versatile wing able to handle, shoot and defend. He is in his prime and plays with energy and pride on D. Somewhat undersized at SF, but a Guard/wing rotation of possibly Jrue/Moore/McLemore/Simmons and Solo is kinda decent.

The Franchise
    I like Simmons but he is a career 32% 3pt shooter, not that great. Would I pay him 4 million a year probably but not much more and same goes for McLemore and he hit for 38% this year. I think if you can get both under the MLE that would be an awesome haul. Still need a PG and SF but I think Simmons and Hill could play matchups.

I think a trade for Elfrid Payton or Rubio would fit nicely regardless if we sign Jrue or not. I think ball handling, defense, and passing make up for their lack of shooting. I think Jrue, Simmons, McLemore, or Moore playing the SG with them will be good just have to either upgrade shooting at the SF position or Hill makes a huge leap in shooting the 3.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I like Simmons but he is a career 32% 3pt shooter, not that great. Would I pay him 4 million a year probably but not much more and same goes for McLemore and he hit for 38% this year. I think if you can get both under the MLE that would be an awesome haul. Still need a PG and SF but I think Simmons and Hill could play matchups.

I think a trade for Elfrid Payton or Rubio would fit nicely regardless if we sign Jrue or not. I think ball handling, defense, and passing make up for their lack of shooting. I think Jrue, Simmons, McLemore, or Moore playing the SG with them will be good just have to either upgrade shooting at the SF position or Hill makes a huge leap in shooting the 3.
    Cannot see where we would get both for MLE. Not a huge fan of Payton, but really like Rubio. He may cost us a 1st rounder.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Cannot see where we would get both for MLE. Not a huge fan of Payton, but really like Rubio. He may cost us a 1st rounder.
    I OH so wish we could grab Rubio!I suggested Rubio,Redick & A-Mo (on the cheap) But,I think I would take McClemore over Redick due to age & $$$$ .. I think A-Mo would be a great bench guy, that we all know can shoot.

Thread Information