Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Man this CHI-BOS series is bringing back memories of a time when Rondo was of the more entertaining players in the league to watch...
    Yeah Rondo had a solid game today. Thought the starters were very average the first game. RoLo kept them running first half, but it was their second unit that was doing the work and keeping them there.

Al Horford has been very underwhelming for Boston, today he had like 1 point and 4 rebounds going into the half with defensive stalwarts Mirotic and RoLo guarding him primarily. That's pretty rubbish. His second half looks like it was a bit better (I had to leave house so didn't catch the second half). Boston looked poor, yapping at each other at points. In saying that they are the type of team who could run away with the next four, so certainly going to be interesting (I wouldn't say their two games so far have been 'fun' to watch haha).

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    What will the Rockets do when they face a team that doesn't have one guy on it they gotta worry about? Like...literally every other team in the playoffs but the Thunder?

Makes me ill wAtching RA and Gordon dropping daggers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Makes me ill wAtching RA and Gordon dropping daggers

RA is dropping turds!

This game

That Lou Williams pickup very likely saved the Rockets season. They look like they would be a 1st round exit without him.

That Lou Wiliams signing for Rockets was huge. Talk about putting you over the hump. Would have been huge if we could have pulled that off at the same time as Cousins trade. Not hating but probably could have made the same trade for Cunningham and our first. He may be 30 but Lou isn't a weapon because of his athleticism. He is a shooter that could easily make his way into the Warriors roster if they had the money and room.

Cavs up 4 with 2:50 remaining after being down as much as 26 points. Mil is also thrashing Toronto, up 29 early in the 3rd.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

All these 3pt shooting teams wouldn't last against the 80s or 90s teams. No inside game causes teams to shoot bad shots...reason for the Cavs comeback tonight. Live and die by the 3. I've seen this too much from the Pelicans this year even with great bigs. Every team with the exception of the Spurs and Grizzilies Pick-n-& Roll to the 3pt line.

Blew a big lead. I'm sure Paul George is going full Chris Paul George.

He'll be ours before a fortnight.

I bet PG13 goes to OKC, that can be the only way.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I bet PG13 goes to OKC, that can be the only way.

i think it was a bunch of lakers fans but a lot of posters on different boards were talking about westbrook should leave OKC and join PG13 and cousins on the lakers lol.....

It probably would be Laker fans, but PG13 going to OKC makes more sense than the two of them going to LA. Sure both guys are from CA, but that OKC team is built to win now, they just need to get their KD level player back, and PG13 is that. Throw him in with Russ, Adams, and whoever else is still there when the dust settles, and that is still a top 5 team.

It probably would be Laker fans, but PG13 going to OKC makes more sense than the two of them going to LA. Sure both guys are from CA, but that OKC team is built to win now, they just need to get their KD level player back, and PG13 is that. Throw him in with Russ, Adams, and whoever else is still there when the dust settles, and that is still a top 5 team.
    And that isn't true here?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And that isn't true here?
    What isn't true here? You think we are ready to win now? I don't, but there a laundry list of reasons for that. What makes you think we are ready to win now?

What isn't true here? You think we are ready to win now? I don't, but there a laundry list of reasons for that. What makes you think we are ready to win now?
    You think adding Paul George wouldn't turn us into a dangerous team?

You think adding Paul George wouldn't turn us into a dangerous team?
    Are we talking AD, PG13, Boogie, and Jrue? If you are omitting Jrue (heck even if you are including him) I am not sure if this is a system that would allow them to be dangerous. We would need to get a different coach in here to maximize their talents.

Are we talking AD, PG13, Boogie, and Jrue? If you are omitting Jrue (heck even if you are including him) I am not sure if this is a system that would allow them to be dangerous. We would need to get a different coach in here to maximize their talents.
    There's only 5 players on the court at any given time, if you make THREE of them top 10 level players, they could run a system designed by a 6 year old on an etch and sketch and win 50 games.

Gentry isn't THAT inept. I mean, come on. I know this place loves hyperbole and saying our coach is the worst and an idiot, but teams would not be able to contend with 3 sniper elite players.

Has there ever been 3 players as good as AD, Cousins, and PG who are all in their prime or just entering it on one team that didn't make the playoffs and go deep into it?

Basketball Guru

man, i told you on the other thread and you just refuse to believe it lol but this team will make the playoffs next season with jrue or without him and that will be the first step in becoming a dangerous team with AD and boogie as a duo.......if we have the same health as this season,,gentry will not mess this up......

There's only 5 players on the court at any given time, if you make THREE of them top 10 level players, they could run a system designed by a 6 year old on an etch and sketch and win 50 games.

Gentry isn't THAT inept. I mean, come on. I know this place loves hyperbole and saying our coach is the worst and an idiot, but teams would not be able to contend with 3 sniper elite players.

Has there ever been 3 players as good as AD, Cousins, and PG who are all in their prime or just entering it on one team that didn't make the playoffs and go deep into it?
    Agreed. Coaching matters, but at some point top tier talent overwhelms lower tier coaching. Particularly when the threshold is "dangerousness."

When we talk about "built to win now" are we talking about just making the playoff, or making it to the conference finals (and possibly the Finals, which is what I was eluding to when I said the Thunder were built to win now)?

Next year we should make the playoffs, with Gentry or without him. That isn't impressive if you have two top 10 players. If you have two top 10 players (and they aren't battling injuries) making the playoffs should be the bar. If we land a PG13 (which I don't see how we could), you have 3 top tier guys and you should make the playoffs without even trying, but the bar in that instance in WCFs at least based on talent alone. If you got yourself a solid coach, you could probably win a title or more with that trio.

Boogie makes this a playoff team, no matter who our coach is.

Paul George makes this team a contender at the top of everything with the ability to beat anyone. But yeah, a coach tends to be what puts a team over the top. Is Gentry that dude? I don't know. But if Paul George wants to go to a team ready to step into the next level, it's hard to ignore us.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    We all love New Orleans. But it's on another level and truly a great city if you're rich/wealthy.

If AD and Boogie turn this into a playoff team, they won't have trouble attracting whatever talent they can afford. If you're a young guy with a multi-million dollar salary, New Orleans is in the top half of places you'd want to live and play. It's definitely way ahead of Indianapolis.

That being said, unless we hit the lottery, we don't have the assets to trade for George.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Man this CHI-BOS series is bringing back memories of a time when Rondo was of the more entertaining players in the league to watch...
    And Rondo is now out indefinitely...so much for that.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    CP3 deserves every penny he's going to get this summer.

Thread Information