Pelicans Report

Thread: We should bring in Kevin Garnett for the Staff

We should bring in Kevin Garnett for the Staff

As many people know, Flip Saunders brought KG back to play his final few years in Minny and then assume some sort of role/mentor with the team. After Flip passed, those plans fell through and KG isn't working with the Timberwolves but he is interested in that type of role with another NBA team if the opportunity is right. What better fit than to help guide AD & Boogie through what it takes to become a champion? Full article here on the fallout in Minny:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/kevi...ecbfb9a766a947

"I would like to be part of an organization that is part of winning, that I can help the young guys progress. So that’s still a dream but not a priority at this point."
    Thoughts?

I would do it. KAT stated that KG is his mentor, and while he might be a dick, people respect him as a player who never took a night off, and always brought the fiercest intensity to every game. I would love for our team to pick up some of those attributes, and if he is the one who can teach them, then so be it.

One thing is for certain, TNT needs to get him off that Area 21 program that they have. He is horrible at his job. It is painful listening to him talk.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Banned
    That would be up to the New Head Coach to decide if he wants KG on his staff

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    That would be up to the New Head Coach to decide if he wants KG on his staff
    lol...

I think Chauncey Billups would be a better fit as assistant coach. Especially if Joe Dumars becomes GM.

Thread Information