Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo Anthony available?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Carmelo Anthony available?

Could we do a sign and trade with NYK to get melo?

Holiday for melo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would take Melo in a heartbeat. One problem. That contract is acid compared to Asik's. We would have to pay him $40+million for his last 2 years if my math is right.
    Last edited by Champ; 04-14-2017 at 03:16 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Could we do a sign and trade with NYK to get melo?

Holiday for melo

Nah, I'm good.

Okay I found his contact details and I see why the Knicks can't move him.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-york-...-anthony-2283/

Banned
    Guys Carmelo is a set shot shooter type no defense and doesn't bang the boards.
    Paul George Bangs The boards Hard and can run the break.
    That is I would chase after Dell hint hint

There's only 1 ball and so many shots to go around. Melo is a name, but the wrong sort of name for what is needed. On a lesser contract, if he were a few years later, he could make for a nice HOF gunner to bring off the bench. But the contract is ridiculous, and the game and ego are still shot munching starter. Lot of ways for that to backfire when you already have 50pts/gm in your starting frontcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Guys Carmelo is a set shot shooter type no defense and doesn't bang the boards.
    Paul George Bangs The boards Hard and can run the break.
    That is I would chase after Dell hint hint
    As much as I dislike the idea of trading for Melo, I strongly believe that there is one huge difference between him and Paul George... Melo has at least a slight chance to be available for us (not that I think he would consider waiving his ntc for the Pels). I don't believe at all that we have the assets for the Pacers to even consider a George-trade (besides AD and Cousins of course but they are untouchable). So, no offence, but in my mind your comparisson just doesn't make any sense at all.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Of course you do this deal if Carmelo and the Knicks would do it. In this scenario you're losing Holiday because the Knicks can find a way to create the cap space even if you don't agree to this.

The Carmelo hate is a bit extreme. He'd be the best SF we've had since a healthy Mash and he wouldn't have to be THE MAN. At this point in his career if you could get "Olympic Team Melo" he'd be a great 3rd banana.

Trade Ajinca, the corpse of QPon, Frazier, 2nd rd pick, 2018 1st rd pick... and get whoever you can to play PG. Rubio's lack of shooting would be fine in this scenario. Or sign a Collison type cheap and trade for a SG.

That team would be expected to compete for a top 3 seed in the west.

No thanks. We need a facilitator to set up AD and Boogie, not a blackhole chucker.

Maybe we can facilitate a 3-team trade and take back a real PG?

No way do you trade for Melo. No one actually wants Melo that had watched him this year. People like the idea of what WAS but he's been on decline for 4 years now and has a toxic contract.

Just say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No way do you trade for Melo. No one actually wants Melo that had watched him this year. People like the idea of what WAS but he's been on decline for 4 years now and has a toxic contract.

Just say no.
    Melo has been consistent his entire career. His numbers are solid and he's a good shooter. He gets to the line often and is very tough to guard.

The contract is short term. He's a HUGE upgrade.

I would sign Justin holiday and sign Jrue..... but SF is an issue....

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Melo has been consistent his entire career. His numbers are solid and he's a good shooter. He gets to the line often and is very tough to guard.

The contract is short term. He's a HUGE upgrade.

There is only 1 ball. Do you want Carmelo taking shots from AD or Cousins? They're both more efficient than him. Heck, Cousins even shot better from 3pt this year than Melo. His contract is bad and just gets worse if he's traded with a 15% increase, he's on decline, he plays no defense, he is a ball hog, and he is an aged player well out of our core's range.

If the Knicks were offering to GIVE him away I would still turn them down. Not only is he an overrated player now but he's quite possibly the worst possible fit next to AD and Cousins in the entire NBA.

I think any trade for the type of name and player this team wants as that 3rd player will require a multiple team trade.

No thanks! That last thing we need is a ball stopper who doesn't play defense.

I would take melo and here are the conditions.

Melo for asik and anjica or asik and hill.

Won't happen but if this were the case I would do it.
    I'm a grinder

Keep him as far away from this team as possible. Much like Dwight Howard and T-Mac, he's a team killer. He's not the third piece we need

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    You guys are ridiculous. Carmelo is a great player. If we're losing Jrue anyway, and can some how fall into Carmelo out of the deal, consider the Pels lucky. I'd rather pay Carmelo $27m/yr over the next 2 than Jrue $30m/yr over the next 5. Any decent coach would find a way to make it work and stagger it so that at least 2 of these guys were on the floor at all times. Pull Cousins out, slide AD to the 5, play Melo at the 4. The possibilities a good coach could throw together with these 3 would be very hard to match up against. Playing Cousins/Melo with Hill/Moore and Crawford while AD/Rubio/Me rest on bench is a good rotation. And I know it's not likely I'll be the starting SG, but all you really need is a good defender. I'm too old and my knees are bad.

Is there an offseason scenario where the Pelicans come away with a better player than Carmelo?

But some of yall would say no?!? Ya'll are silly.

Jrue at 5 yrs/$150m or Carmelo at 2 yrs/$62.5m? That's a no brainer to me.

Imagine Carmelo getting all the open looks and matchups that Hill got!
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 04-15-2017 at 11:00 AM.

There is only 1 ball. Do you want Carmelo taking shots from AD or Cousins? They're both more efficient than him. Heck, Cousins even shot better from 3pt this year than Melo. His contract is bad and just gets worse if he's traded with a 15% increase, he's on decline, he plays no defense, he is a ball hog, and he is an aged player well out of our core's range.

If the Knicks were offering to GIVE him away I would still turn them down. Not only is he an overrated player now but he's quite possibly the worst possible fit next to AD and Cousins in the entire NBA.
    this

No thanks. We don't need another big man on the floor. We barely know how to utilize the ones we got.

Melo looks done. He runs like he needs a new set of knee caps. If we were getting the Denver Nuggets Melo then yes he'd be worth it.

I don't agree with everything in this post, but the general tone I agree with and for those reasons I'd say no to Anthony.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't agree with everything in this post, but the general tone I agree with and for those reasons I'd say no to Anthony.
    He really is a terrible fit it so is asik rotting on he bench.

Carmelo Anthony available?

I'd rather try and trade Asik for Brandon Knight.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'd only take him for maybe half of what he's earning right now. And even that is just paying respect to the man's past accomplishments.

He's a shadow of his former self. Easy to forget he's older than LeBron or exactly how old LeBron himself is.

I think we still need that guy on the wing who is very comfortable with the ball and actually able to make plays or knock down shots.

Like what Solomon Hill wants to be but isn't.

Thread Information