Pelicans Report

Thread: N/P: Westbrook deserves to be NBA MVP

NBA N/P: Westbrook deserves to be NBA MVP

I'd rather Westbrook then Harden.

My go to has been pointing out that in the last 25 years, every MVP winner was the 3rd seed or higher.

And in those 25 years the MVP only came from the 3rd seed 3 times. And technically 1 of those 3 times it was a three way tie for first. So most winners were either the 2nd or more often the 1st seed.

BUT

If there was ever a moment in time for that trend to be broken, Westbrook has made the case. I would give it to him if I had a vote. Even though I do think the numbers are a bit misleading and drummed up.

Yeah, I'm not sure how you would put Harden ahead of Westbrook. The Rockets have the better record for sure, but they also have better talent all around. Westbrook however has had his big men gift him rebounds, so I'm not crapping on his triple doubles, but he has worked harder for his MVP than Harden.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    No doubt. Breaking the triple double record and then winning the game at the buzzer, that's just totally absolutely ridiculous.

Give Russ the MVP and his 1st round exit. Harden will go deeper in the playoffs.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information