Pelicans Report

Thread: Interesting article about the trade

Interesting article about the trade

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/stor...ked-best-worst

Apparently, Buddy is playing better than I realized-

When the Pelicans unloaded Cousins for a package headlined in part by Buddy Hield, a prevailing sentiment was that they simply didn't get enough. In addition to the protected first-round pick heading to Sacramento in what is expected to be one of the deepest drafts in years, the trade will largely be graded on what becomes of Hield.

He's flirting with an effective field goal percentage of 60 percent in Sacramento while pumping in more than 25 points per 100 possessions, something no guard is doing over the course of this entire season. Much to the music of owner Vivek Ranadive's ears, the only guards to ever do that for entire seasons are Stephen Curry in 2015-16 and Steve Nash in 2006-07.

Yes, it's just 20 games. Yes, those numbers will surely regress some. But Hield flashing that type of potential over what amounts to a quarter of a season is the type of high-reward, lightning-in-a-bottle payoff that Ranadive hoped for when trading away the franchise pillar.

Sacto can really make a come-up if they do right by these high draft picks. I still like Boogie in a Pel uni, but I do wish Buddy the best.

It's amazing what a volume shooter can do when he is isn't yanked for every minor mistake he makes....

He's putting up numbers on a really bad team. Wow! Even Dan Dickau put up big numbers in NOLA when we royally sucked! Buddy will be nothing more than a 6th man.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    He's putting up numbers on a really bad team. Wow! Even Dan Dickau put up big numbers in NOLA when we royally sucked! Buddy will be nothing more than a 6th man.
    He's already a starter.....And you realize, by that logic, AD would fall into the category of good numbers on a bad team most of his career.

Buddy is playing really well for a rookie right now. I don't know why people are so bent on keeping up the hate when he isn't even on the team anymore. Especially toward a player that seems like such a genuinely good guy, with such an inspiring life story. I don't grasp how anyone wouldn't want to root for his success.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    He's already a starter.....And you realize, by that logic, AD would fall into the category of good numbers on a bad team most of his career.

Buddy is playing really well for a rookie right now. I don't know why people are so bent on keeping up the hate when he isn't even on the team anymore. Especially toward a player that seems like such a genuinely good guy, with such an inspiring life story. I don't grasp how anyone wouldn't want to root for his success.
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post

Exactly. People are so worried about "winning" that trade that they cant just accept that it was a good trade for both sides. Sac media hating on Boogie, our fans hating on Buddy. So, much childishness and narrow-mindedness coming from both sides.

So, good for buddy. Hope he has a great career. Doesnt change the fact that we also are MUCH better after the trade too.

I always expected Buddy to be a good player. I'm glad that he continued on the upward trajectory that he was on while here. When the trade happened and Sac fans were in full meltdown mode I posted on realgm telling them they were getting a good player in Buddy.

Him doing well has no bearing on the trade. It was a steal for us and the Sac management gets to go into a full on rebuild.

Hot take: Both teams can win a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Sacto can really make a come-up if they do right by these high draft picks. I still like Boogie in a Pel uni, but I do wish Buddy the best.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    and this

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    2 Hot 2 Handle. Get out of here with that logic. I really like the trade for both teams and I think it can really be considered win if they land someone with our pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Well, first of all, a good 6th man is a valuable asset in this league.

Second, 'putting up numbers on a bad team' applies mostly to the counting stats - whats impressive about Buddy's run with Sac is the jump in efficiency and a jump in volume/usage. That is not something you see with the 'putting up numbers because someone has to' type players.

Anyway, good for Buddy.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Buddy could turn into a great player and validate the decision by Sacramento's front office. It was still a great trade for the Pelicans. Cousins + AD is going to be an absolutely historic combo. Getting Cousins into a Pelicans uniform is by far the best thing to happen for this franchise since Davis fell in our laps in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Buddy could turn into a great player and validate the decision by Sacramento's front office. It was still a great trade for the Pelicans. Cousins + AD is going to be an absolutely historic combo. Getting Cousins into a Pelicans uniform is by far the best thing to happen for this franchise since Davis fell in our laps in 2012.
    Agreed!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    We didn't make the playoffs but these guys are showing they can play together and play well which was the biggest question mark. Both averaging 23+ ppg and 11+ rpg since the trade. Just gotta get the right pieces around them

Thread Information