Pelicans Report

Thread: Free agent possibility s

Free agent possibility s

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ts-this-summer

We don't need all stars but we need some really good pieces put around AD and Boogie ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Tony Snell, Tim Hardaway Jr., and Otto Porter.

Jesus, they all could get the max or close to it, couldn't they?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Would like to see the Pelicans add a SF that can do damage from the perimeter. Omri Casspi, Tony Snell, Justin Holiday, Kyle Korver

Collison and Mills of course have been discussed as potential fits at guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Porter probably will, Hardaway could get kinda close to max, don't see Snell getting that much, though, maybe like Solomon's contract. But who really knows in this contract era. If only we had been born a half a foot taller and athletic and practiced this game since a young age, lol. What a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

Snell, absolutely not. He's turned himself into a respectable role player, nothing more.

Hardaway is tougher. He'll probably get something closer to 20m per year given his age, athleticism, scoring, and upside.

Porter, absolutely. Anything less than the max would be shocking.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 04-11-2017 at 06:41 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

How much cap space do we have this offseason?

Basketball Guru
    tony snell only shot the ball more than 10 attempts in only 11 games this season...he shoot 3s alot.....the bucks may be the only team that we would have to bid against for him....he can get more shots with us......he might be attainable at our price....

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    How much cap space do we have this offseason?
    Depends on what route we take with operating above or below the cap and what to do with Jrue: http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/au...hael-mcnamara/. McNamara outlined four different routes the team could take.

The Franchise
    I'd say lets scalp the Wizards for Porter and Wall. I know it'll never happen especially after their good year but I'd love to see Wall, Jrue, Porter, Davis, and Cousins all on the floor together. The Offense, Defense, Length, and athleticism would be sick. The cap number on these guys together would be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    I'd say lets scalp the Wizards for Porter and Wall. I know it'll never happen especially after their good year but I'd love to see Wall, Jrue, Porter, Davis, and Cousins all on the floor together. The Offense, Defense, Length, and athleticism would be sick. The cap number on these guys together would be crazy.
    How in the world could we get Wall and Porter?

I am all for going out and getting Justin Holiday. You could pitch to Jrue to take less money so he could play with his brother. Maybe Jrue takes 20 mil a year instead of demanding 25 mil a year.

I still think this guy is an interesting option if Jrue becomes untenable(or we just want to walk away from him for whatever reason we may have)

Milos Teodosic

http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...Milos-Teodosic

At the time I thought of Milos as a nice bridge option to free up cap space while not signaling to AD that we are in full on rebuild. Maybe a diamond in the ruff that could actually be a reliable starter while we groomed out top 5 pick. All at a low-risk cost and what should become a very moveable contract.

But now with Cousins and the rebuild basically over before it really got started, Milos looks interesting from a different perspective. He is a bit older then our core but he could give us the best facilitator we have had since CP3 on what looks to be a very reasonable contract. Pretty consensus he will be the best pure PG in FA.

Who has turned into a solid three point shooter.

He is not known for his defense so it would mean bringing in a shooting guard that can pick up some of that slack.

----------------------

I hate to get into the "what if" game with trades because it is so assumptive in nature, but with the sour turn of the Hornets season, with a cap nearly maxed out, I would inquire about Nicolas Batum.

Either with Jrue(yes I know this would be exorbitantly expensive and require us shedding assets to move contracts like Asik's) or without.

A veteran 3 and D guy that fits with the ball movement philosophy of this team. You could even run a really punishing defensive lineup with Batum at the two, Solo at the three and Davis/Cousins down low. A guy like Batum would give the team enormous lineup flexibility and I could very much see the Hornets looking to offload him when he is their highest paid player on a 36 win team.

Also just obligatory MM link because I think he has done the absolute best job of breaking down our options so far in his three part series:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...ee-jrue-walks/
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-11-2017 at 05:19 PM.

So according to that list Jrue is by far the highest ranked player we can reasonably hope to actually sign.

9th overall and 4th highest PG after Curry, CP3 and Lowry.

Interesting take.
    Last edited by P_B_&_G; 04-11-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Thread Information