Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Credit David Fisher for being right again!

Pelicans Credit David Fisher for being right again!

I actually thought he was wrong here about Jrue as I was leaning on giving him(Jrue) the money. I was kind of wrong. Should have traded him instead of Buddy. Anyway it is what it is!

Are you his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

This is routine for Holiday..

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jrue had a really good game up until the final 2 possessions. He had played 38 minutes, put up an efficient 18 pts with 13 assists and only 1 turnover all game. Then he had two bad turnovers on the final two possessions. Before that he was running the offense with command... splitting defenders off the screen, making beautiful passes, driving to the rim. With the game on the line he seemed to have a lapse in focus. Jrue apologized to his teammates for the turnovers. That could not have felt good to let the team down. The players and front office seem to want him back. I think he is coming back. I don't think he will get a max contract.

And not just once he screwed up, but twice. Then clanked it on his third and final redemption at the buzzer.

I don't think there is a player I have ever followed that I have had such a roller coaster of an opinion on. I didnt like the initial trade years back, but I warmed up to him by last season, now I just don't even know. He manages too often to make what is otherwise good performances into tragedies.

I do feel this though, the moment the ink dries on whatever we pay him, he will be our next Gordon/Asik/Posey.

To me he seems like a Shaun Livingston in the making. A guy that won't ever cut it as a premiere guy on a premiere team at point guard, but once he is on the decline will settle in as a really great piece for some championship team off the bench.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 04-04-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    And not just once he screwed up, but twice. Then clanked it on his third and final redemption at the buzzer.

I don't think there is a player I have ever followed that I have had such a roller coaster of an opinion on. I didnt like the initial trade years back, but I warmed up to him by last season, now I just don't even know. He manages too often to make what is otherwise good performances into tragedies.

I do feel this though, the moment the ink dries on whatever we pay him, he will be our next Gordon/Asik/Posey.

To me he seems like a Shaun Livingston in the making. A guy that won't ever cut it as a premiere guy on a premiere team at point guard, but once he is on the decline will settle in as a really great piece for some championship team off the bench.
    He would flourish under Popovic

i want him back and im one of the biggest pels fans on here...we need more players..it shouldnt have gotten to that point of the game...crawford forcing shots when we were up like 6 or 7 and dumb fouls.

what was he "right" about exactly?

I actually thought he was wrong here about Jrue as I was leaning on giving him(Jrue) the money. I was kind of wrong. Should have traded him instead of Buddy. Anyway it is what it is!
    What do you mean "instead of Buddy?" At what point was that even an option? Should we have told the Kings they had to take Jrue and not Buddy?

Banned
    I think Jrue was on the table. But the Kings wanted Heid.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    What do you mean "instead of Buddy?" At what point was that even an option? Should we have told the Kings they had to take Jrue and not Buddy?
    Champ of ******** Posts Hot Takes strikes again.

This is why we need a true PG next year and put Jrue at the 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    We'll have Moore and Crawford. Is $25m for another combo guard really smart?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    I'm with you. But where do we get that from? We'd have to draft one assuming we get a top 3 pick or trade for one with another 1st rounder in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm with you. But where do we get that from? We'd have to draft one assuming we get a top 3 pick or trade for one with another 1st rounder in the future.
    Only have to trade a 1st rounder if it's a star. You might be able to get a DJ Augustin type without giving up much, and that would be an upgrade over Frazier. Ish Smith would be an upgrade over Frazier.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    I think Jrue was on the table. But the Kings wanted Heid.
    Never saw any mention of Jrue being involved in the Cousins trade. Regardless, we could force them to take him instead of Buddy.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Couldn't careless about how he finished last night, unless he wants something like 30M he needs to be resigned.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Yeah it would have be in a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    We'll have Moore and Crawford. Is $25m for another combo guard really smart?
    Yes it is. Moore and Crawford are perfect guards coming off the bench. A true PG to control the offense with Holiday as the SG and defender/secondary ball handler/3pt jump shooter.

Banned
    Jrue is a at best bottom tier 2 guard in the league.
    Again film don't lie. Look at the Bulls game.
    Butler ate him up and spit him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Jrue is a at best bottom tier 2 guard in the league.
    Again film don't lie. Look at the Bulls game.
    Butler ate him up and spit him out.
    ^^^^^^^THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Are you his wife?
    He has to be his wife because every post he cries like his *****
    I'm a grinder

I'm starting to think we have to credit David Fisher as being Champ.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I'm starting to think we have to credit David Fisher as being Champ.
    and the new Champ, buckwheat. why would I be concerned about an elite small forward eating up a point guard?

Thread Information