Pelicans Report

Thread: Omer Asik lastest photo

Pelicans Omer Asik lastest photo

Omer Asik made his first public appearance on Sunday after losing a lot of weight due to a bacterial infection
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asik.jpg 
Views:	522 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	6272
    Asik and Quincy Pondexter are out for the remainder of the regular season.

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news...k-rest-season/
    "The greatest threat to the domination is the equality."

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Overt View Post
    Omer Asik made his first public appearance on Sunday after losing a lot of weight due to a bacterial infection

Asik and Quincy Pondexter are out for the remainder of the regular season.

http://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news...k-rest-season/
    I was at the Grizzlies and Wolves games, and he was there, and looks sickly. It sounds like he's in recovery, but is there such a thing as insurance fraud in the NBA? Could he decide he just wants his money and "not recover" wink, wink?

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    It sounds like he's in recovery, but is there such a thing as insurance fraud in the NBA? Could he decide he just wants his money and "not recover" wink, wink?
    If there was, Jamal Mashburn would be doing 20 to life for the $ he stole.

Come to think of it Didn't Ryan Anderson have this stomach infection last year? If Omer is contagious he should not be around people! He is still getting a paycheck too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tpstr View Post
    If there was, Jamal Mashburn would be doing 20 to life for the $ he stole.
    Word
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

For that reason alone Demps should be fired......geeeeeeeez talk about a bad investment.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post

For some reason this season isn't Demps, Gentry, Jrue, or Loomis' fault, it's our benches fault.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    For some reason this season isn't Demps, Gentry, Jrue, or Loomis' fault, it's our benches fault.

You Troll! Quit it !

Turkey is preparing for Asik to not be healthy enough to play in the Euro tournament starting on Aug 31 - how sick is he?
    http://www.fiba.com/eurobasket/2017/...iba-eurobasket

So my larger question - if he isn't well enough to play for the Turkish team in Sept - I'm guessing he will not be NBA ready in October? Is there anything in a players contract that would allow us to cut him due to a prolonged Non-Basketball related injury? Does this fall under the new Chris Bosh rule for salary cap compensation?
    Last edited by Andynola; 04-12-2017 at 04:12 PM.

Banned
    The Turkish Hammer has been banking HUGE on Hammering a Paycheck

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Turkey is preparing for Asik to not be healthy enough to play in the Euro tournament starting on Aug 31 - how sick is he?
    http://www.fiba.com/eurobasket/2017/...iba-eurobasket

So my larger question - if he isn't well enough to play for the Turkish team in Sept - I'm guessing he will not be NBA ready in October? Is there anything in a players contract that would allow us to cut him due to a prolonged Non-Basketball related injury? Does this fall under the new Chris Bosh rule for salary cap compensation?
    Don't believe it's a new rule. If he can't play, insurance would pick up the rest of his contract and Pelicans would get cap relief. I think an independent doctor has to be involved.

Are we about to get saved from a horrible contract by Asik having horrible luck with an illness? Like, I hate to see him looking so terrible.... but.... I mean... if it actually lets us cut him for less penalty than stretching his contract.... does it make me a horrible person to hope he's sick enough for this to happen?

You can bet it would be a whole squad of doctors signing off before an insurance company would pick up a tab as big as Asik's contract...

Just show this photo

Infinite Power is da **** Contributor GrandAdmiral's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Don't believe it's a new rule. If he can't play, insurance would pick up the rest of his contract and Pelicans would get cap relief. I think an independent doctor has to be involved.
    Do we actually get cap relief? I don't remember there being any when we were still paying Bobby Phils' contract after he died nor Mashburn's when he disappeared with knees/vertigo/Munchausen's...

Referencing Chris Bosh

"Bosh is expected to come off Miami’s cap soon after Feb. 9, which would eliminate hits of $25.3 million next season and $26.8 million in 2018-19, though he would still be paid everything he’s owed, partly from insurance.

The cap-hit removal will become definite if a doctor selected by the league and union determine, as expected, that his condition is career-threatening or severe enough to put him at risk if he plays."

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy

If Asik is unable to reach NBA level fitness by next season due to a non-basketball related injury or illness - I believe this applies - vs QPon who has been out two seasons with a game related injury.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    You can bet it would be a whole squad of doctors signing off before an insurance company would pick up a tab as big as Asik's contract...
    Shouldn't be that hard. Look at him.

Apparently he had this sickness in Houston too. Dell should have seen the warning signs. I'm assuming no physical was ever done.

Last edited by Champ; 04-14-2017 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Apparently he had this sickness in Houston too. Dell should have seen the warning signs. I'm assuming no physical was ever done.

Given the fact that we found out about Jrue's injuries months after he was traded to us by Philly, I doubt it.

Thread Information