Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Pels Vs Rockets Gameday Thread 3/24/17

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    Hill committed fouls and turnovers at the worst possible times .. And you can't put your arm on an offensive player that has always been illegal
    He's not!!! He's fighting through the screen with his arm out trying to guard Harden. Harden then stops immediately on the other side of the screen and jumps INTO his arm.

The NBA is so soft now Shaq could not be great in this ERA he used to destroy defenders on the block Boogie gets discouraged every time he gets aggressive they call an offensive foul

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strictfamjay View Post
    The NBA is so soft now Shaq could not be great in this ERA he used to destroy defenders on the block Boogie gets discouraged every time he gets aggressive they call an offensive foul
    Fo' real. I remember Shaq WAY more blatantly throwing his elbows around in Sabonis, Mutumbo, and Divac's faces and it wasn't always called.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I'm a little confused about what exactly he is trying to do by repeatedly sticking his arm in there. Even if it wasn't called, what exactly is he expecting that to accomplish in stopping Harden from scoring? Just a giveaway for no reason.

when hill is fighting around the screen,,his left shoulder is in the screener and his right arm is out,,,thats when harden use his off arm and left it up into hills arm and they call the foul.....thats is harden major move on screens or if a defender is on his off dribble shoulder.....

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He's not!!! He's fighting through the screen with his arm out trying to guard Harden. Harden then stops immediately on the other side of the screen and jumps INTO his arm.
    lol you and i see the same thing....we must have been watching the game in super HD lol....

I'd love to see how good harden is with out getting these fake ****** calls

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    lol you and i see the same thing....we must have been watching the game in super HD lol....
    I was watching it on some low res stream. It's clear as day to anyone who is not specifically trying to throw shade at Hill what is happening.

That's what made him great the fear to guard him they knew they were in for hell checking him I truly believe Boogie has that same mentality to dominate but the NBA not having that no C/Pf can guard him on the blocks

The defense on Harden was just atrocious. I know they wanted him to get his but damn. At least move your feet and fight around screens. Holiday was especially lazy on Harden. Even passed him off to Cousins and Davis.

In playoff atmosphere games you just can't play that lazy and stupid. Move your feet and act like you need to win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    An arm bar across a shooter has been a foul in the NBA forever . It doesn't matter if he is fighting through a screen or not . If harden is shooting and hill has his arm drapped over him then it's a foul and will always be a foul. At a certain point Hill has to adapt.

The refs were awful tonight. Cousins was getting mugged and we weren't getting the calls on our end. But the foul call on Harden was legit
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Hill is NOT the reason we lost, we Lost bc the refs started calling one sided with about 7 mins to play. When I say one sided I mean we breathe they call a foul they grab jerseys run into us while shooting, nothing. I'm SCREAMING at the TV so frustrated it's not even funny! GEntry or dell needs to make a tape of all these BS calls and all the non calls and send it to the league for review! Something needs to happen! plus they should bring back the fines for flopping, Houston would've lost all their game checks for flops tonight, completely ridiculous!
    Last edited by Captaustin; 03-24-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Ryan Anderson was begging the Refs to save him boogie was killing him he eventually flopped and check himself out the game No MAS

An arm bar across a shooter has been a foul in the NBA forever . It doesn't matter if he is fighting through a screen or not . If harden is shooting and hill has his arm drapped over him then it's a foul and will always be a foul. At a certain point Hill has to adapt.

The refs were awful tonight. Cousins was getting mugged and we weren't getting the calls on our end. But the foul call on Harden was legit
    Really? So if that's the case why isn't it called more then?

I wont make excuses here. They lost because the Rockets are better right now. They have more guns to play with.

It's asking too much for this team to overcome Frazier and Cunningham giving you nothing and Hill chucking 3s.

The only way they win this is with extremely smart basketball and the guards on this team are opposite smart.

Basketball Guru

i hear what you are saying but harden was not shooting on the screen fouls....as soon as harden saw hill fighting through the screen with his right arm out,,,harden uses his off arm which was his left arm and lift up into hills arm and he also sell it real good........when you see players fighting around screens their arm will come out and harden is good at selling that call......

Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Really? So if that's the case why isn't it called more then?
    It's always been called . It's just more prevalent when we play the rockets because Harden takes advantage of the rule by playing through the contact and not away from it . The refs have no choice but to make that call . It's impossible to shoot basketball when a defenders arm is drapped across the shooters arm . The only thing Hill can do is keep his arms up... It's a Bs call when the shooter jumps into the defender and the refs call a shooting foul on the defender ...But it's a legit call if the defenders arm is wrapped around the shooters arm

You will when the playoffs start.

Quote Originally Posted by eatmoreyeah View Post
    You will when the playoffs start.
    Oh ik I 've see every play offs sense he's moved and he doesn't get these calls and that's the problem

It's always been called . It's just more prevalent when we play the rockets because Harden takes advantage of the rule by playing through the contact and not away from it . The refs have no choice but to make that call . It's impossible to shoot basketball when a defenders arm is drapped across the shooters arm . The only thing Hill can do is keep his arms up... It's a Bs call when the shooter jumps into the defender and the refs call a shooting foul on the defender ...But it's a legit call if the defenders arm is wrapped around the shooters arm
    Actually the refs do have a choice when knowing it's more likely a flop then not and yet they still call sorry ******** k that

So how much ******** is Lavar gonna talk when his boy doesn't win the ncaa title after all that b.s. he talked

Pels Vs Rockets Gameday Thread 3/24/17

It wasn't an arm bar! Hill had his arm out while going around a screen in an attempt to keep harden from getting a wide open look. Harden sees the arm out and JUMPS INTO IT. Because the screener is bodied up against Hill the defender can literally do NOTHING to stop this. Harden is actually pinning the defender between himself and the screener and yet the defender gets called for the foul.

It is NOT against the rules to have your arm out in front of the shooter. The bs of it is the shooter JUMPING INTO the arm. In most cases the defender can move his arm back but because it's coming off a screen this is physically impossible. It's a horrible call and a rule should be put into place to stop offenses from doing it. It's not "fun" basketball.

My simple rule fix would be anytime the offensive player jumps TOWARD the defender (and initiates contact) or into him, it's an offensive foul. The defender should have the right to hold ground without risk of a player jumping into him.

Of course my other rule would be all flops are reviewed and you were issued a 1 game suspension every time you flopped. After 10 it's 2 games each time.

This BS form of basketball needs to stop.

Sounds like you are in denial tonight. Harden deserves to be a MVP candidate. Tonight he was impressive.

I'm just count the end of the season to Boogie, Holiday, AD, and some other guys learning how to play together. Also, I'm having fun finally being able to watch competitive game. It's great just knowing you have a chance to win every game. But I'm just counting the days until we get a good coach and a true point guard in the offseason.

I think Alg just made a statement and is going down with the ship to defend it, at this point. That stuff is exactly why the NBA isn't reaching the potential that it could. Makes it close to unwatchable. An offensive player should never be allowed to "create" a foul.

I am beginning to legit wonder if it is possible to win a championship built around two big men in this era? And no, the Spurs when Duncan was on decline and Kawhi was taking over and Parker was the focal point does not count.

The way refs so blatantly favor guards and forwards, and in an ever increasing capacity, is legitimately making me think this may be a wall that can not be broken unless you can add a superstar caliber back court player or unless some serious, cognizant changes are brought to the league.

Thread Information