Pelicans Report

Thread: My realistic dream senario this summer!!

Pelicans My realistic dream senario this summer!!

First I will start by saying I am writing this with a realistic approach to free agency and building our team. Honestly, I am not excited about free agency regarding our positions of need. I feel we need another SF who is more offensive minded. I love the version of Solo we have right now, but we have no SF backing him up and I do not think Quincy will play again. Another position of need is SG if we keep Jrue at PG. If we move Jrue to SG we need a starting PG.

Scenario 1: WE MOVE JRUE TO SG
    During free agency we sign Restricted free agent SF Joe Ingles for a Solo deal of 10 million a season for 4 seasons. This accomplishes my goal of getting a offensive minded SF, but with a bonus of good defense. Ingles is 30 years old so this goes against Demps policy of young vet, but this team needs to win now to get Boogie to resign next offseason.
    We trade our 2018 first round pick for PG Ricky Rubio and his salary for the next two years of 14.1 and 14.8 million.
    We Stretch Asik. Sign Jeff Withey to 2 year small deal. resign D-mo to 3 year small deal
    Under this scenario Jrue will be resigned for the max at the end of free agency because we have his bird rights and play SG.
    TEAM LOOKS LIKE
    PG- RUBIO, FRAZIER, JRUE
    SG- JRUE, MOORE, CRAWFORD
    SF- SOLO, INGLES, QUINCY
    PF- DAVIS, DIALLO, DMO
    C - COUSINS, AJINCA, WITHEY
    Cousins or Davis always stays on the floor

Scenario 2: JRUE STAYS AT PG
    During free agency we sign free agent SG KYLE KORVER for a deal of 10 million a season for 2 seasons. We sign SF Joe Ingles to the MLE for 8- 10 million a year for 3 years
    We Stretch Asik. Sign Jeff Withey to 2 year small deal. resign D-mo to 3 year small deal. Sign Gravy (Greivis Vasquez) back to the team
    Under this scenario Jrue will be resigned for the max at the end of free agency because we have his bird rights and play SG.
    TEAM LOOKS LIKE
    PG- JRUE, FRAZIER, GRAVY(General Greivis)
    SG- KORVER, MOORE, CRAWFORD
    SF- SOLO, INGLES, QUINCY
    PF- DAVIS, DIALLO, DMO
    C - COUSINS, AJINCA, WITHEY
    Cousins or Davis always stays on the floor

I like both scenarios and I think they are both realistic. Rip away

Pass on Ingles at $10 million a year. I would be interested in Korver for 1-2 year deal at most.

DMo signed a 4yr $37MM contract with the Nets which was matched by Houston...there's some circumstances here, but that gives you an idea of what he's going to be looking for as a free agent (and what at least two teams thought he was worth).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Who is DMo?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Who is DMo?
    Nevermind. I hate the lazy nicknaming folks are doing these days.

But anyway, his contract with the Nets was supposedly only guaranteed for $5m, and was drafted in a way to make it difficult for Houston to match. Not sure what he's worth on the open market, but I think it's probably at best equal to what Ajinca got.

Lol Grevis Vasquez.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Nevermind. I hate the lazy nicknaming folks are doing these days.

But anyway, his contract with the Nets was supposedly only guaranteed for $5m, and was drafted in a way to make it difficult for Houston to match. Not sure what he's worth on the open market, but I think it's probably at best equal to what Ajinca got.
    A big no to DMo. He is not better than Ajinca and Ajinca already has contract here

Don't think we will be $10mil under the cap to sign that contract, and if we're over the cap the MLE starts at 8.5/yr

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    Lol Grevis Vasquez.
    If Gentleman Jack is still alive...
    @DanielVeuleman

I stopped reading after Grevis Vasquez!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    If Gentleman Jack is still alive...
    If he's healthy, I'd love to bring back Jack to compete with Frazier for the backup PG spot.

Thread Information