.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 119

Thread: Playoff Watch: Race for 8th

  1. #1
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049

    Playoff Watch: Race for 8th

    Might as well have a thread.

    Pels are 4.5 back of 8th seed. We play Kings, Mavs, and Nuggets (x3). Must win games here. Might get lucky and catch GSW resting on that last game of the season. Maybe Gentry can call in a favor to Kerr lol

    Currently Nuggets are in 8th, but Blazers are hot as hell right now and will almost definitely overtake the Nuggets. Nuggets schedule is just as brutal as ours. Playing Houston tonight.

    If we can beat Dallas, they'll be up a game on us but they have a few toughies in the schedule (i.e. GSE coming up)

    Blazers have a really easy schedule. Gonna have to hope they fall flat a couple times, but they are playing really well right now.

    Wolves and Kings hanging around but if we take care of business, we should be fine.

    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets



  2. #2
    i have the blazers losing 6....with a team like the lakers at home beating them by surprise...bucks,utah twice,spurs,us,houston

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    i have the blazers losing 6....with a team like the lakers at home beating them by surprise...bucks,utah twice,spurs,us,houston
    They would have to do worse than that - Pels ain't making it to 39 wins

  4. #4
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049
    Games on the docket for tonight:

    Grizz @ Pels
    Bucks @ Blazers
    Warriors @ Mavericks
    Spurs @ Timberwolves

    We win tonight... AND:
    Warriors win tonight... We are half game back of Mavs.
    Bucks win tonight... We are 2.5 behind Blazers
    Wolves Lose tonight... we are 1.5 ahead of Wolves.

    PELS GO PELS, HANDLE YO BIZ

  5. #5
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049
    Pels did their job. Let's go Warriors (ew), Bucks, and Spurs!

    Warriors up 20, Bucks down 8 (game just started), and spurs up 2

  6. #6
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049
    Mavs lost. Blazers trailing by 11 at the half to the Bucks. Wolves giving Spurs a tough time.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    i have the blazers losing 6....with a team like the lakers at home beating them by surprise...bucks,utah twice,spurs,us,houston
    i just want yall to keep my prediction alive ..just watch what i tell ya

  8. #8
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    i just want yall to keep my prediction alive ..just watch what i tell ya
    I hope man, we are gonna have to be the hottest team in the NBA if we make the playoffs, but we have a shot

    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I hope man, we are gonna have to be the hottest team in the NBA if we make the playoffs, but we have a shot

    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets
    The Nba best interest is to have a Golden st vs pels matchup with the pels upsetting golden st..the nba can give them.the finals next year with durant back, but it will help propel the start of a new era

  10. #10
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    The Nba best interest is to have a Golden st vs pels matchup with the pels upsetting golden st..the nba can give them.the finals next year with durant back, but it will help propel the start of a new era
    Stop getting me aroused

    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049
    Blazers lose, Mavs lose, Wolves lose, Pels win. Perfect basketball day for our squad.

    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

  13. #13
    Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,382

    Playoff Watch: Race for 8th

    Bucks hold off Portland on the road:

    DEN: 33-37
    POR: 32-38
    DAL: 30-40
    NO: 30-41 3.5 GB



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Steal one of the next three road games. Particularly @Denver. Then try to make up more ground over the 4 game home stand after.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Steal one of the next three road games. Particularly @Denver. Then try to make up more ground over the 4 game home stand after.
    I think we are going to win all 3. We keep getting better. We're hot right now. We have to beat Denver. I think we will. Gentry is running the offense through Cousins which is perfect. Our guards are able to make great plays because the defense can't handle boogie. This is going to be the best Pelicans team we have ever seen.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Beep Beep England_Hornet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Southampton, England
    Posts
    632
    Man.... I'd love us to get in but I just can't see it happening. Even if this form continues we'll still fall short. It's out of our hands and we're depending on other teams messing up

    Next season..... that's the one...
    '' We are here!!''


  17. #17
    Jedi Knight eballa1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    614
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Might as well have a thread.
    Like this one?
    http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...The-Race-for-8

  18. #18
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049
    Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Sorry i didnt scroll to the next page to dig up that thread

    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Sorry i didnt scroll to the next page to dig up that thread

    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets
    When you started this thread, the other one wasn't on the next page, but just a few (something like 5) threads below your's... should have been quite impossible to not notice that if you hade taken a look for something like that at all.

    But I guess some people always have to have "their" own threads, no matter what.

    Edit: ...and it's still not anywhere close to the next page. So much for that.
    Last edited by Werdiknight; 03-22-2017 at 09:53 AM.

  20. #20
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Werdiknight View Post
    When you started this thread, the other one wasn't on the next page, but just a few (something like 5) threads below your's... should have been quite impossible to not notice that if you hade taken a look for something like that at all.

    But I guess some people always have to have "their" own threads, no matter what.

    Edit: ...and it's still not anywhere close to the next page. So much for that.
    Lol thanks for your input. I feel honored that you used one of your regularly schedule 3 posts a year to point this out to me. I must be so special!

    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Lol thanks for your input. I feel honored that you used one of your regularly schedule 3 posts a year to point this out to me. I must be so special!

    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by England_Hornet View Post
    It's out of our hands and we're depending on other teams messing up
    Lets break it down - we are now trailing Nuggets by 3.5

    Tomorrow Nuggets lose to Cavs - trailing by 3

    Keep pace - win all three against Nuggets - get tie breaker and take the spot

    As long as you don't call losing to the cavs "messing up" - then we control our destiny with Denver

    Portland is really the team that has to mess up

    Trailing right now by 2.5 - if we pick up a game and a half then win the last game of the season we take the spot in a tie situation. That would be exciting BB

    Kinda reminds me of the situation chasing OKC a couple years ago - at 11 games out i thought we were done - then we magically went 8-3 and took the spot in the tie breaker.

    It is not impossible.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    Lets break it down - we are now trailing Nuggets by 3.5

    Tomorrow Nuggets lose to Cavs - trailing by 3

    Keep pace - win all three against Nuggets - get tie breaker and take the spot

    As long as you don't call losing to the cavs "messing up" - then we control our destiny with Denver

    Portland is really the team that has to mess up

    Trailing right now by 2.5 - if we pick up a game and a half then win the last game of the season we take the spot in a tie situation. That would be exciting BB

    Kinda reminds me of the situation chasing OKC a couple years ago - at 11 games out i thought we were done - then we magically went 8-3 and took the spot in the tie breaker.

    It is not impossible.
    Yeah i think Portland will sneak in - although that game losing to the bucks last night def helped us

  24. #24
    Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    NERLA
    Posts
    7,049




    Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

  25. #25
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    metairie
    Posts
    1,426
    Not good for Denver, very good for Pels.

    Injury Report


    Cleveland Cavaliers

    Deron Williams, PG Out

    Kyle Korver, SG Out



    Denver Nuggets

    Wilson Chandler, SF Out

    Danilo Gallinari, SF Out

    Darrell Arthur, PF Out

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •