Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boogie contract question ??

Boogie contract question ??

I'm a fan of the NBA but I'm learning about how nba contracts work and I admit I don't know much about all the ins and outs of how they are constructed and when they can and cannot sign new contracts . So this brings me to a question I have regarding Boogies contract . I know he has another year left on his deal so we have him for all of next year at least, but can we sign him to a deal this off season or do we have to wait until his contract is up after next season ?

We can't afford to lose him with all that has been givin up to get him I would feel a lot more comfortable getting him locked up long term versus letting him hit free agency .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can sign an extention this summer but if he does he loses money so its unlikely. And it's most likely he resigns bc we can pay him the most amount of money when his cotract expires he doesn't wanna lose another 30 million dollars lol

Do We have any extra rights for sign him? For example, to give him more money than other teams can? I heard that it would be about 180 mln $ deal, to 'only' 150 with any other team. Is this true?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Do We have any extra rights for sign him? For example, to give him more money than other teams can? I heard that it would be about 180 mln $ deal, to 'only' 150 with any other team. Is this true?
    We can offer him a higher % increase than external teams can.

Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

The extra Rights we have is two fold: 1) It allows us to go over the cap to resign him. 2) It allows us to offer higher year over year raises and an extra year. Every team can offer the same 1st year number, his "max". However because other teams do not have his Birds Rights they can only offer 4 years at 5% per year raises. We can offer 5 years with 8% raises.

It's very unlikely that Cousins doesn't resign with us because he would lose even more money after being traded and missing out on his super max. That said there's always a risk.

The bottom line is 'Guaranteed' - Pels can guarantee roughly $30m more than any other team. I promise - his agent will be wearing a Pelicans shirt when he discusses Boogie's options in 2018

Thanks for the answer.
    So what his price for 5 years deal would be?
    150-160 mln?
    What do You think?

Read somewhere that it would be 4 yr/ 98 mil this off season or 5 year / 179 mil next

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    Read somewhere that it would be 4 yr/ 98 mil this off season or 5 year / 179 mil next
    I also heard something about 5 years and 180 mln $ deal.

I also heard something about 5 years and 180 mln $ deal.
    Yeah it will be 5/179 if given by us next summer.

Wait till Tom Benson sees that price tag.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Wait till Tom Benson sees that price tag.
    Dude's wiping his ****** with money, im sure he wont care. Not like he can take it with him when he checks out, nom sayin

Sent from my Phone

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Dude's wiping his ****** with money, im sure he wont care. Not like he can take it with him when he checks out, nom sayin

Sent from my Phone
    Getting his money's worth from Omer.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...mer-asik-7110/

Getting his money's worth from Omer.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...mer-asik-7110/
    What does that have to do with anything related to signing DMC?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBrow View Post
    What does that have to do with anything related to signing DMC?
    Don't spend all your money in one place unless you know you will be a playoff team?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Omer will be stretched after this season, that's all water under the bridge now

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    good life for him

Thanks for the info , much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Unless that extended illness kills him.

Role play time!

Tom Benson and Mickey Loomis are sitting in a coffee house

Benson: The price to extend Cousins. Jesus

Loomis: I know. This was Dell and Danny's idea.

Benson: Look I want to keep Cousins long term I mean I made the mistake of letting Anderson and Gordon walk last season because I thought the price was to high.

Loomis: Gordon really did not want to be here. Dell tried to move him

Benson: Right. He did not try hard enough.

Loomis: Right

Benson: Back to Cousins I want to keep him here long term and I think I know how to do it. If they want to be good teammates some players will take pay cuts, restructure contracts.

Loomis: What?

Benson: Start with Davis. Ask him to be a good teammate and take a cut so we can pay Cousins the max.

Loomis: But Tom it was like pulling teeth to get Brees to take a small cut, What makes you think Davis would take a cut?

Benson: Okay this guy that has the mystery disease again? How much is Dell paying him?

Loomis: It is almost over with his contract I think. I hope

Benson: Jesus

Benson: This Ajinca guy. Is that how you say it?

Benson: Well at least I don't have to pay Rita anymore

Loomis: Look I'll see what can be done about some pay cuts if that is what you want.

Benson: Team better win too or I'll bring back Monty.

Loomis: Let us table this contract idea till after the season

Benson: Good idea
    Last edited by Champ; 03-22-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Don't spend all your money in one place unless you know you will be a playoff team?
    Are you seriously trying to say that the Pelicans should not offer Cousins a max?

You're MM trolling us aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Are you seriously trying to say that the Pelicans should not offer Cousins a max?

What's crazy is I seriously wondered that but then I thought even MM wasn't this damn negative
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Where did I say that? I'm saying this will probably get done but may not be an easy process.

Where did I say that? I'm saying this will probably get done but may not be an easy process.
    Not denying you're just MM trolling I see. . .

Honestly dont know where to even begin with that. I really hope its trolling, because that line of thinking is extremely idiotic.

Thread Information