Pelicans Report

Thread: Predicting the rest on the season

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar

Predicting the rest on the season

I'm posting my prediction for the remaining games. I think we will win games. I think we will make the playoffs. I think Gentry will keep his job. I'm an optimist.

Memphis vs PELS: W
    @ Rockets: L
    @ Denver: W
    @ Jazz: L
    vs SAC: W
    vs MAVS: W

vs Bulls: W
    vs Denver: W
    @ Denver: W
    @ GSW: L
    @ Lakers: W
    @ Portland: W (very tough game)

I think we will win against Denver every game. This will knock them down and move us up. Denver has a very tough schedule. I think we are better than them and our team is putting it together. If we beat Memphis it will be a big sign that we are truly a different team now. We have to create turnovers against Memphis. They are tough to beat.

We have a lot of away games. We won't get to the playoffs if we can't win on the road. We have 12 games left. This is the final stretch. I know it's a long shot to most people but I think we will go 9-3 or 8-4. We are so much better right now.

What do y'all predict? Who will get the 8th seed? It's either Denver, Portland or the PELS. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It all depends.
    On b2b, health etc.Assuming all of them are healthy it may go anywhere.

f.e. GSW may have clinched top spot and rest some players. Pels are on b2b

so many variables.

But Portland will be the hardest rival

Pels are 2-1 up against PTB and 0-1 vs DEN
    so they must win at least 2 games vs DEN

winning three games with denver and one with Portland gives great advantage

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    I don't think we can sweep the Nuggets.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shanetrain93 View Post
    I don't think we can sweep the Nuggets.
    We can sweep them. I are much better now. Our defense has been solid and above average. And, now our offense is clicking. Crawford is helping a lot by being aggressive and being a 3 point threat. Cousins and AD are attacking inside and rebounding well. Because they create problems inside it's becoming easier for Hill, Moore, and Crawford to hit 3 pointers. Denver is a good team but I predict that we will kick their ****** in all games. I'm more concerned about Memphis,Rockets, GSW, and Portland. I think we are going to surprise everyone. Everyone disses gentry but I think he's a good coach and will prove everyone wrong. Check back with me tomorrow. I am confident that most of my predictions will come through. We have to win away games.

You shouldve listed your predictions for Portlands remaining schedule

Memphis will be tough tonight. They have had two days rest after a win against the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    You shouldve listed your predictions for Portlands remaining schedule
    I will -

vs Bucs - W
    vs Knicks - W
    vs Wolves - W
    @ Lakers - W
    vs Nuggets - W
    vs Rockets - L
    vs Suns - W
    @ Wolves - L
    @ Jazz - L
    vs Wolves - W
    vs Jazz - L
    vs Spurs - L
    vs Pels - L

Blazers - 39-43 - take 8th / Pels out by 1 game (if by some miracle we are able to actually get 9 wins)

If Blazers lose a game or two this week i will jump on board the SS Optimism - but Portland has a much easier schedule, they are 3 1/2 games ahead, and they are playing really well right now

I am optimistic that we will make the playoffs. I think more importantly...I want this team to make a run for it. This will show confidence in the players on the team to think they are only a couple small pieces away which is very achievable this off season after resigning Jrue and going over cap to sign a couple smaller pieces (shooters and depth).

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    I am optimistic that we will make the playoffs. I think more importantly...I want this team to make a run for it. This will show confidence in the players on the team to think they are only a couple small pieces away which is very achievable this off season after resigning Jrue and going over cap to sign a couple smaller pieces (shooters and depth).
    Highly doubt they go over the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Highly doubt they go over the cap.
    You mean tax. They've been over the cap.

Read this and you will see what I mean about over the cap.

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...above-the-cap/

Last time they made the playoffs, they were in nearly this exact same position--4 games out with 11 games left.

The difference this time is you have Portland, who pretty much has a red carpet schedule to the playoffs. Even if it somehow comes down to the last game, it's in Portland on national TV.

I'll just be glad if they can finish the year around 9-3 or 8-4. Good momentum for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Andynola View Post
    I will -

vs Bucs - W
    vs Knicks - W
    vs Wolves - W
    @ Lakers - W
    vs Nuggets - W
    vs Rockets - L
    vs Suns - W
    @ Wolves - L
    @ Jazz - L
    vs Wolves - W
    vs Jazz - L
    vs Spurs - L
    vs Pels - L

Blazers - 39-43 - take 8th / Pels out by 1 game (if by some miracle we are able to actually get 9 wins)

If Blazers lose a game or two this week i will jump on board the SS Optimism - but Portland has a much easier schedule, they are 3 1/2 games ahead, and they are playing really well right now
    I think the Bucks,Lakers or Nuggets will get a game..maybe the lakers at staples

I would love play-offs, but it is not a must for me.
    I want this team to succeed. To evaluate all pieces and to strike good in the offseason.

Wins are the best building blocks for the future.

If we will fail in the PO race we still will have couple of pingpong balls.
    not big shot - but it still a shot
    Last edited by pawel; 03-22-2017 at 03:10 AM.

Thread Information