.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 80

Thread: Pelicans vs. Timberwolves Gameday Thread

  1. #51
    Okay what just happened lol it's like they all just flipped a switch and said nah we aren't losing

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Cousins always get beat up! I dunno why the refs never call the foul.

    Crawford is awesome as always for us. I like the 2 PG starters. I see what others have been saying about Holiday at the 2.

    We could get Knight or Bledsoe from the Suns for a second this offseason. Clearly, the Suns don't want them and they could start for us.
    Rubio is gentrys type of point watch us try to do something to get him resign jrue and there's your phone and sg

  3. #53
    Looks like my prediction might come true. Portland can't lose all of a sudden. It just might come down to that last game. Thats if Portland doesn't just wrap up the final spot before then. Easy schedule for them the rest of the year.

  4. #54
    Really feels like the team is starting to figure it out. Of course it was going to take awhile but also I don't think it should be overlooked at all that we improved a lot as soon as we added Crawford.

    We needed a consistent shooting threat and he has been just that and more. A lot of our early issues after the Cousins trade was guys just not hitting open shots. All that changed with Crawford and shows how this team will work with a summer to get some more roster players in here

  5. #55
    Told yall fellas...Crawford is a beast...Cousins and Davis allows our guards and wingmen to go inside for easy layups.because those guarding davis and cousins wont come off of them in fear of a pass to them. Now you see Hill driving more and others..

  6. #56
    Portland has about 6 losses left in them from what i saw on their schedule..maybe a surprise loss to a bad team as well

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The team has to send tape to the league. That's just beyond ridiculous and it's every game.
    Just getting online now, but I was thinking this exact same thing at this point of the game. Team should send tape to the league after EVERY game, along with a narration pointing out how the refs are screwing Cousins. Wear them out until they're tired of looking at it. He shot ZERO FT's this game, while playing 30 minutes battling in the paint. How is that possible?

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    Portland has about 6 losses left in them from what i saw on their schedule..maybe a surprise loss to a bad team as well
    Six? They play the way they are playing, I can barely make out three. Plus they only have 3 road games left.

  9. #59
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Motivation2k12 View Post
    Told yall fellas...Crawford is a beast...Cousins and Davis allows our guards and wingmen to go inside for easy layups.because those guarding davis and cousins wont come off of them in fear of a pass to them. Now you see Hill driving more and others..

    see this is why i wish we can get reke back somehow and play him with AD and boogie....reke can get to the rim at will against anyone......close yall eyes and flashback to reke getting to the rim and passing it off to asik and watching him drop the ball or cant score with it and sometimes scoring with easy dunks,,,now open your eyes and imagine reke getting to the rim at will or dishing it off to boogie lol..can you see it lol.......

  10. #60
    If the money was right would you bring back reke as a pure PG and let Jrue run the 2 I know this want happen but thoughts also thoughts on rajon rondo seems to play better with great talent around him

  11. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by strictfamjay View Post
    If the money was right would you bring back reke as a pure PG and let Jrue run the 2 I know this want happen but thoughts also thoughts on rajon rondo seems to play better with great talent around him
    Ransom is way to much drama! I would much rather Rubio. I think you guys are right that Rubio would be a good pickup. A true PG that can dish, drive, play defense and doesn't look to score.

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by strictfamjay View Post
    If the money was right would you bring back reke as a pure PG and let Jrue run the 2 I know this want happen but thoughts also thoughts on rajon rondo seems to play better with great talent around him
    Reke is not coming back. We need to look beyond the retread. Fraiser was shaky at times but zero turnovers and eight assists we can live with. I don't know that we need another pg by jrue but we do need someone else who can handle the ball.

  13. #63
    All-Star Creative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    414
    Nice win guys!

  14. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by bahmamamba View Post
    Rubio is gentrys type of point watch us try to do something to get him resign jrue and there's your phone and sg
    Rubio's 36 minute stats: 11.3/4.4/9.9 on 46%/31% shooting, 2.8 turnovers per game.

    Frazier's 36 minute stats: 11.8/4.6/8.1 (Minnesota has a higher team shooting pct than the Pels) on 42%/34% shooting, 2.6 turnovers per game.

    Why pay for Rubio when you already have him for cheap?
    Last edited by underscore; 03-20-2017 at 07:53 AM.

  15. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Rubio's 36 minute stats: 11.3/4.4/9.9 on 46%/31% shooting, 2.8 turnovers per game

    Frazier's 36 minute stats: 11.8/4.6/8.1 on 42%/34% shooting, 2.6 turnovers per game.

    Why pay for Rubio when you already have him for cheap?
    I trust my eye test and it says that Frazier is nowhere close to Rubio.
    There's a stat that says I am as good as Michael Jordan: we both average 0 turnovers per 36 this season.

  16. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by I Hate T.Jones! View Post
    I trust my eye test and it says that Frazier is nowhere close to Rubio.
    There's a stat that says I am as good as Michael Jordan: we both average 0 turnovers per 36 this season.
    If your eye test wants to pay $15 million for nearly the same stats as a guy making $2 million, then I wish I had that kind of money to burn

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Really feels like the team is starting to figure it out. Of course it was going to take awhile but also I don't think it should be overlooked at all that we improved a lot as soon as we added Crawford.

    We needed a consistent shooting threat and he has been just that and more. A lot of our early issues after the Cousins trade was guys just not hitting open shots. All that changed with Crawford and shows how this team will work with a summer to get some more roster players in here

    Crawford is certainly showing us what this team needs isn't he. I hope Dell can works some magic and get rid of Asik and Q pon.

  18. #68
    Rubio is garbage. He won't get us to the next level.

  19. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Rubio's 36 minute stats: 11.3/4.4/9.9 on 46%/31% shooting, 2.8 turnovers per game.

    Frazier's 36 minute stats: 11.8/4.6/8.1 (Minnesota has a higher team shooting pct than the Pels) on 42%/34% shooting, 2.6 turnovers per game.

    Why pay for Rubio when you already have him for cheap?
    There are so many things wrong with this post.

    "I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

  20. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Rubio's 36 minute stats: 11.3/4.4/9.9 on 46%/31% shooting, 2.8 turnovers per game.

    Frazier's 36 minute stats: 11.8/4.6/8.1 (Minnesota has a higher team shooting pct than the Pels) on 42%/34% shooting, 2.6 turnovers per game.

    Why pay for Rubio when you already have him for cheap?
    Because defense cannot be measured like that.

  21. #71
    The Franchise
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    jacksonville,fl/new orleans
    Posts
    1,377
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Rubio's 36 minute stats: 11.3/4.4/9.9 on 46%/31% shooting, 2.8 turnovers per game.

    Frazier's 36 minute stats: 11.8/4.6/8.1 (Minnesota has a higher team shooting pct than the Pels) on 42%/34% shooting, 2.6 turnovers per game.

    Why pay for Rubio when you already have him for cheap?

    at the end of your comment you should have added that stats dont tell the whole truth.......

    i like frazier and after we made the trade for boogie,,i wanted to see frazier start next to jrue so he can get the ball to boogie and AD once they're in good position to do work....i hope gentry used that lineup for the rest of this season now..........forget those stats,,,,frazier is not better than rubio.....

  22. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    at the end of your comment you should have added that stats dont tell the whole truth.......

    i like frazier and after we made the trade for boogie,,i wanted to see frazier start next to jrue so he can get the ball to boogie and AD once they're in good position to do work....i hope gentry used that lineup for the rest of this season now..........forget those stats,,,,frazier is not better than rubio.....
    I mean that disclaimer isn't necessary because you can make that argument for almost any given statistic. The issue with his post is he's using a per 36 comparison as "dispositive proof" that the two players are in fact comparable.

  23. #73
    Frazier should still lead the 2nd unit. He's at too much of a disadvantage on the defensive end. They should go ahead and start Moore, but let Hill initiate the offense like against Houston.

  24. #74
    Basketball Guru Mr. West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    'Round Shreveport
    Posts
    4,025
    Rubio is a borderline elite defender and Frazier is bad at that side of the ball.
    @DanielVeuleman

  25. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Rubio's 36 minute stats: 11.3/4.4/9.9 on 46%/31% shooting, 2.8 turnovers per game.

    Frazier's 36 minute stats: 11.8/4.6/8.1 (Minnesota has a higher team shooting pct than the Pels) on 42%/34% shooting, 2.6 turnovers per game.

    Why pay for Rubio when you already have him for cheap?
    I could write a philosophical treatise on why reductionism is bad based on this really silly post.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •