Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Pels Next Coach

Quote Originally Posted by glepurple View Post
    There are also people claiming gentry isn't adjusting his system to our bigs strength...it goes both ways.
    I don't think there's but a handful of coaches in the league that are actually capable of doing that. When you reach the point where you're asking the coach to drastically change his system and philosophy, the team is probably better off with a different coach.
    Last edited by PelsFan2313; 03-23-2017 at 01:08 PM.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar

The Pels Next Coach

I'd bet money Mark Jackson doesn't get hired ever again. And Avery Johnson is probably the most overrated coach ever. I'll give him a chance (in general) if he gets Bama turned around in the shadow of Saban. There are much better young African American coaches available, if that's the card you wanna play and it makes no sense in hell to waste the limited opportunity that's available to them on mediocre retreads like the two the OP brought up. If you need proof see David Fizdale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who in the hell said anything about playing the African American card, i just name to coaches that I thought were good fits for this team, that's just my opinion, every freaking thing doesn't have to be about race

Mark Jackson winner. Avery Johnson winner. Nobody wants them. Unproven dude from college. Everybody wants. Makes sense to me.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Mark Jackson winner. Avery Johnson winner. Nobody wants them. Unproven dude from college. Everybody wants. Makes sense to me.
    I dont know about the coaches from college but what I do know is that hiring Jackson or Johnson would be the worst thing that could happen to this team.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I dont know about the coaches from college but what I do know is that hiring Jackson or Johnson would be the worst thing that could happen to this team.
    Why? Is winning a bad thing?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    My one worry with Avery is the same worry with Ed O as LSU's coach. That ra-ra stuff doesn't get you far when things are tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    My one worry with Avery is the same worry with Ed O as LSU's coach. That ra-ra stuff doesn't get you far when things are tough.
    I believed he coached in a finals. I'll take the ra-ra. Somebody on here said that Avery & Mark were bad and this board ran with it. Mark Jackson has been basically blackballed. NBA's loss

Mark Jackson showed himself to be an organizational cancer and since then completely oblivious an unapologetic about his behavior.

As to Avery, like Gentry's one good season, he inherited a winning team. Lets also remember Byron Scott was once a winning coach too.

Neither are guys I would put my trust into for what is probably a one time shot at keeping these two players together and to work optimally.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Who's the unproven dude from college everyone wants? Mark Jackson and Avery Johnson are mediocre coaches, at best, terrible at worst. The proof is in the pudding. Fall on the sword if you must to prove that every opinion that originates on this board is garbage (let's be honest, that's your real point) but pick better candidates to use as your faux heros

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Fuzz, you conveniently avoid the fact that everyone who has worked with Avery and M Jackson pretty much hates both guys.

Thread Information