Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: We signed Crawford to 2 year deal

We signed Crawford to 2 year deal

per bleacher report
    I'm a grinder

Wow!! Good Choice

definitely a plus

Hot!!! I assume this is for 2 additional years after this one. Would give us his full bird rights at the end.

Either way, this is a GOOD thing.

Edit: has been clarified as end of this season plus next season. Still gives us early birds rights on him.

Still a GOOD deal.

Basketball Guru
    dude earned it and another notch for demps.....

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Hell yeah! I like Crawford and Frazier both as reserve guards, Crawford especially brings a spark.

Thank god! I was afraid demps would start being his usual self and not sign good players. Really excited about this!

if we can end this season with finding him and another competent roster guy on minimums next year, that's about the best case scenario at this point.

That's great! We have anot her shooter off the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Hell yeah! I like Crawford and Frazier both as reserve guards, Crawford especially brings a spark.
    Agreed! I like Fraizer, Crawford, and Moore off the bench. Now we need a starting 2 guard that can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Agreed! I like Fraizer, Crawford, and Moore off the bench. Now we need a starting 2 guard that can shoot.
    Chris Paul !

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Instant Grits
    @DanielVeuleman

Still trying to figure out why he wasn't on a roster to begin with

Good news!

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Good news!
    Very good!
    He is making a right decision on the court.

Props for Dell!

Crawford is a real gem. He deserves that contract

I also recommend everyone read this profile detailing Crawford's road back to NBA redemption:

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2017...-nbadl-steezus

This part stuck out to me:

"Crawford’s hopeful journey back to the NBA began when he decided to start the season in the D-League with the Grand Rapids Drive. His transition to the D-League started on an extremely surprising note when he requested a B-level D-League deal so a player without NBA experience could get a bigger contract. This singular move sent an example that Crawford was a drastically changed man than what we saw when he was with Atlanta or Washington."

What a great signing. Jordan Crawford embodies the word teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Very good!
    He is making a right decision on the court.

Props for Dell!
    Sometimes he takes a crazy shot but I agree that he makes good decisions. I like the way he passes the ball to the cutters when attacking the rim. He had three great passes to Cunningham in the last game. IMO he does that better than Jrue. I also don't mind him taking the last shot of the quarters if he can become an average defender he will be very useful

Nice. It's only a 5 game sample right now, but 22 points and 5 assists per 36 minutes with extremely low turnovers, crazy hot shooting from three and an overall TS% of 63.5. PER of 21.8, highest OBPM on the team, etc, etc

Really impressive start with the Pelicans.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Moore is a good defender and perimeter shooter. He should be the starter. We just need to find an upgrade for Hill at SF.

Moore is a good defender and perimeter shooter. He should be the starter. We just need to find an upgrade for Hill at SF.
    If Jrue stays then we need a better shooter at SG and I think Hill is playing better recently. I like his defense and ball handling. He doesn't need the ball but should be attacking the rim like he has recently. Hopefully his 3pt percentage will go up. His form looks nice so I think if he works on it in the offseason it can get better
    Last edited by PolishFan; 03-17-2017 at 11:22 AM.

If Jrue stays then we need a better shooter at SG and I think Hill is playing better recently. I like his defense and ball handling. He doesn't need the ball but should be attacking the rim like he has recently. Hopefully his 3pt percentage will go up. His form looks nice so I think if he works on it in the offseason it can get better
    We don't need a better shooter at SG. Moore is an above average perimeter shooter. He provides spacing, is not ball dominant, and he is an asset on defense. Moore fits nicely into the role of 4th scoring option behind AD, Cousins, and Jrue. Hill is killing the offense with his inability to hit open 3's.

We don't need a better shooter at SG. Moore is an above average perimeter shooter. He provides spacing, is not ball dominant, and he is an asset on defense. Moore fits nicely into the role of 4th scoring option behind AD, Cousins, and Jrue. Hill is killing the offense with his inability to hit open 3's.
    We are not getting George or Butler so forget about a SF who can score and defend. I would rather keep Hill (I do believe he will get better) and find a more dynamic catch and shoot SG. I like Moore but he can be a part of our bench

We are not getting George or Butler so forget about a SF who can score and defend. I would rather keep Hill (I do believe he will get better) and find a more dynamic catch and shoot SG. I like Moore but he can be a part of our bench
    What about Cunningham? He doesn't have the ball handling of Hill, but we can actually have confidence in him to hit a corner 3,

Just saw a tweet that said if Pels sign Casspi for the rest of the year, they will retain bird rights for next year. Him off the bench or starting with the emerence of Crawford, gives us a pretty good roster going into the offseason and make it even better.

Cousins / Diallo
    Davis / Cunningham
    Hill / Casspi
    Moore / Crawford
    Holiday/ Frazier
    Last edited by Rheem654; 03-17-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Thread Information