Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Where is this guy? We need him on Airline

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Where is this guy? We need him on Airline
    It's Champ.

You guys can quit waiting

1-6

Yeah it is what it is. He is staying so no use in fighting it everyday. Time to accept it.

To quote DX

"If you are not down with Alvin we got two words for you!"

The best coach most people on this thread have never heard of... Brian Goorjian. He's basically the pioneer of the way all those hard-nosed Aussies play in the NBA today. He took over From Brett Brown (who accomplished nothing as a coach in Australian basketball) and won 3 consecutive titles. He basically gets his team excited about playing hard and playing D.

Would be an excellent hire for any NBA team, particularly those who just run with these caretaker assistant coach types.

Side note: Goorjian is currently coaching Jimmer Fredette in China.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBuckets View Post
    The best coach most people on this thread have never heard of... Brian Goorjian. He's basically the pioneer of the way all those hard-nosed Aussies play in the NBA today. He took over From Brett Brown (who accomplished nothing as a coach in Australian basketball) and won 3 consecutive titles. He basically gets his team excited about playing hard and playing D.

Would be an excellent hire for any NBA team, particularly those who just run with these caretaker assistant coach types.

Side note: Goorjian is currently coaching Jimmer Fredette in China.
    You a South East Melbourne Magic or Titans or South Dragons fan by any chance?

Banned
    I hold out hope that with a dismal record of 60 wins in 2 years will wake up the powers that be on Airline hwy.
    The Pelicans need a HC leadership not adding another player or two claiming that will get you in the playoffs with 40+ wins and a 8 seed.

I hold out hope that with a dismal record of 60 wins in 2 years will wake up the powers that be on Airline hwy.
    The Pelicans need a HC leadership not adding another player or two claiming that will get you in the playoffs with 40+ wins and a 8 seed.
    They are not getting fired

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    They are not getting fired
    Did news break on this that I missed or is this something that you're hearing from a source?

Thanks.

Banned
    Not firing Alvin Gentry and Dell Demps says a couple things.
    The Pelicans franchise is more about money than taking a chance to win big.
    Winning big is a gamble for a ball club.
    High Salaries for a Head Coach and players puts a lot of financial burden on the organization.
    It's cheaper to lose but try to stay close to 40 wins just enough to keep the energy of hope alive in the community to sell some tickets. In other words it's cheaper to lose spending minimum than to spend big to win big and lose big money if things don't work out.
    A good example is the LA Clippers.
    Last edited by Buckwheat; 05-04-2017 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Did news break on this that I missed or is this something that you're hearing from a source?

Thanks.
    Source

Well Easter, FQ Fest, NFL draft have past. Oh wait this weekend is Kentucky Derby. Maybe next week Loomis gets to his assessment? Wasn't Minty fired in the middle of May?

you mean jazz fest, Benson has no horse in the derby this year.

Banned
    Champ at some point does upper brass of the Pelicans make a formal statement about the coaching staff?

Champ at some point does upper brass of the Pelicans make a formal statement about the coaching staff?
    They don't have to do a thing if they are returning. Pouting about everyday is not going to change their minds. If Gentry gets off to another bad start he will not survive the season.

Champ for GM, Head Coach, and Team President

They don't have to do a thing if they are returning. Pouting about everyday is not going to change their minds. If Gentry gets off to another bad start he will not survive the season.
    Yep, Gentry's seat is going to be scorching at the beginning of the season. It's do or die time for him and maybe Demps.

Banned
    Getting a Head Coach is important but I guess the Pelicans don't want to spend money. It's cheap to keep 30 win Alvin.
    DC has said he wants to compete in the playoffs bad.
    DC will not stay in Nola with another 30 win season.
    He will take less money from another team make up the balance with endorsements and a winning program.

That's my concern. If they fire him early or mid-season, it is another wasted season of AD and a very important season with DC. Management needs to think ahead.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Source
    Confirmed

Sent from my Phone
    No Trade List: Hornets

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Confirmed

Sent from my Phone
    Must haved heard about Jrue than too guess we need a new pg. Dell fails again to get value but he loves to just see guys walk.

Must haved heard about Jrue than too guess we need a new pg. Dell fails again to get value but he loves to just see guys walk.
    Oooo wut now?!

Sent from my Phone

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Oooo wut now?!

Sent from my Phone
    Basically what's been known. Jrue wants to get paid and wants to play with his brother and want the team to take care both of them.

Oh

Sent from my Phone

Looks like I was right. Hate to brag.

Thread Information