Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Alvin on the chop and block

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Our current centerpieces really are built to Monty's liking IMO. Defense first, slow down the pace, get the ball inside
    isn't that crazy though? when he was here dell was building a fast paced team not really montys style and now that gentry is here he's building a slow it down team not exactly gentrys style lol its the weirdest thing

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Firing Dell and Gentry could make more damage than good. IMO the most important thing is to keep Boogie here. Dell is good enough at finding role players and Gentry is probably good enough to bring AD, Boogie, Jrue and better role players to the playoffs next year. Let them gel next year and have Boogie sign the new contract here. Then Gentry can get fired unless the team shines .
    I'm not really sold on boogie signing here.He will have offers from far better teams.

Give Monty Dell's Job - if he wants to be coach again, done - otherwise hire Becky Hammon as our coach and let them continue working together.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Gentry gotta go. I think Demps will get another year to build the roster around Boogie and AD.
    I think that this is the best thing to do.
    Give Dell credit for Boogie move and give him another year.

But Gentry needs to go.
    With him in the mix We're not gonna make another move forward.
    We must build a winnig culture, only then Boogie and AD will stay here for many years.
    Winning guel everything , loosing dont.

Send them both packin and start over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Guru
    imo when we traded for boogie, the writing was on the wall for gentry.......boogie is to slow and out of shape imo to be running the fast pace gentry likes so if we are going to invest in boogie then gentry will have to be fired and hire someone who can be creative to make AD and boogie work........

imo gentry had his team this season and was relying on AD to be his 5 but AD took those beatings from some bigs lol and came out and said that he didnt want any part of that anymore lol.....then the trade talks for okafor started coming in and imo if we would have traded for okafor then imo we would have made the playoffs because we would of still had our bench together...i believe jrue,AD,okafor,galloway, buddy, reke,maybe jones, and the rest of the team would have made the 8th seed because of depth and firepower and gentry would have had that as a achievement to still be our coach....

the boogie trade was a blessing for us and a curse for gentry because i just dont see this working for him....AD and boogie have to play down low...inside/out...boogie posting up....plus with all the nba talking heads saying that we will get the 8th seed just by having AD and boogie will count against gentry also,,which i think is unfair because we loss all our scoring after the boogie trade imo a min. of 50pts from 4 players leaving and no way we could have made those points up from d-league players to make the 8th seed......

so i think the end is here for gentry which is sad because we could be doing what the lakers are doing now to get Ball as their first pick...we should be developing diallo by letting him play and finding cheap shooters to add to our bench next season and let boogie and AD gel in training camp with the new head coach.....

Why would Monty come back here? He was treated like s*** by fans. So much so he told his kids not to come to the games by the end of it. He's not coming back.

They will hire whoever shows up for the interview with power points showing how Gentry is misusing Boogie.

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    They will hire whoever shows up for the interview with power points showing how Gentry is misusing Boogie.
    David Weasley , Gerry V? I would interview both of them!

Doesn't Gentry have a radio show? Anyone have the balls and time to call up and ask wtf was he thinking last night when he saw Babbit on Cousins? Why did he not receive 10 touches on the low block in a row? Why did they just run offense as if that mismatch was a mirage?

You can't hire Monty. It doesn't matter if he is the best coaching option out there. You can't hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative View Post
    Give Dell credit for Boogie move and give him another year.
    Dell lost all credit I gave him for the Boogie deal when he waived Casspi. Here's a guy who was already 4th best player on the team, gives us a leg up on re-signing him next season... and we cut him just because of a short term injury and Dell is freaking out about trying to make the playoffs to save his job.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Doesn't Gentry have a radio show? Anyone have the balls and time to call up and ask wtf was he thinking last night when he saw Babbit on Cousins? Why did he not receive 10 touches on the low block in a row? Why did they just run offense as if that mismatch was a mirage?
    I think he quit after 2 shows.

The chop AND block?

Chopping block.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    Dell lost all credit I gave him for the Boogie deal when he waived Casspi. Here's a guy who was already 4th best player on the team, gives us a leg up on re-signing him next season... and we cut him just because of a short term injury and Dell is freaking out about trying to make the playoffs to save his job.
    I agree it was a bad move knowing where we are in the standings but we were really thin and we're hoping for the PO

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker View Post
    What about it now? Cassipi is back

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    What about it now? Cassipi is back
    Where are you seeing that?

Quote Originally Posted by lawless522 View Post
    Tryna figure that out too. Only thing I could find was a tweet from two days ago saying that Casspi was rehabbing at the practice facility. Like I said in the other thread, I believe the only reason they cut him was to free up a roster spot, but they had an agreement to sign him after he got healthy. Just my guess tho.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsTakeFlight View Post
    Tryna figure that out too. Only thing I could find was a tweet from two days ago saying that Casspi was rehabbing at the practice facility. Like I said in the other thread, I believe the only reason they cut him was to free up a roster spot, but they had an agreement to sign him after he got healthy. Just my guess tho.
    That might have been the initial verbal agreement, but that isn't binding. Casspi might have more suitors that he expected.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsTakeFlight View Post
    Yeah. Saw a couple people talking about seeing a tweet, but nothing I found confirms a signing.

I read it here in another thread.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Dell made some bad deals that are still on the roster (Asik, Hill) but the Cousins trade surely bought him another year. Plus you have to give him credit for finding complimentary guys like Crawford, Frazier, Cunningham.

Gentry must go though.

Apparently it's not true

Quote Originally Posted by hornetsrebirth View Post
    Dell made some bad deals that are still on the roster (Asik, Hill) but the Cousins trade surely bought him another year. Plus you have to give him credit for finding complimentary guys like Crawford, Frazier, Cunningham.

Gentry must go though.
    IMO Hill's contract isn't THAT bad. I think it will be more clear next year. Asik's contract is horrible but I remember how many posters really wanted him here. Not that it's an excuse but I am just saying

Gentry teaches AD Kung Fu so that he can chop and block
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information