Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Alvin on the chop and block

Breaking News Alvin on the chop and block

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ss-to-save-job

Sounds like Gentry is about to lose his job
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    And they want the next coach to also be the president of basketball ops.

Paving the way for Coach Calipari?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    As much as I would absolutely LOVE Coach Cal here, it's not happening. He seems to be loving it to no end in Kentucky. I'm with MM and I'm gonna say Ettore Messina is the best option. Either him or Van Gundy I guess. But I'd much rather prefer Messina.

I wish people would stop with the Coach Cal to the Pels, News Flash Coach Cal is not coming to New Orleans

Hell yeah!
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Dual duties feels like it's got JVG written all over it. Man Monty should've never gotten the axe

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Dual duties feels like it's got JVG written all over it. Man Monty should've never gotten the axe
    And having a bridge to be able to fire Demps if need be and not crater operations.

....I wish they would just clean house though. Demps is why Gentry is here. He is why this roster is so ugly. Why should he be the one trusted to fix everything? I know someone will mention Cousins, but one deal does not a career make. And that same deal almost would of been Jahlil Okafor if the Sixers GM didn't over-value him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Yea if only he made the playoffs!

I'm willing to give Demps a second chance if he does wack Gentry. #FireGentry

Guess I'm whining.

Heck with that noise, you don't get to fire two coaches and keep your job. Boot Demps as he is the one poorly constructing this team.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    I wish people would stop with the Coach Cal to the Pels, News Flash Coach Cal is not coming to New Orleans
    I don't know why or how you know but I'm sure he wouldn't mind another shot in the pros if the money is right but who knows. I'm ok with a new coach but I want one that can adjust to multiple kinds of offenses not just small ball or big ball.

Gentry needs to go!

If Gentry goes then Demps goes too. I can't give Demps credit for getting Boogie it took a total idiot to trade Boogie for what they got in return.

This is much needed...I think gentry should be fired if he makes the playoffs or not. Dell should of been fired when Monty was let go.

Why would anyone believe Dell would hire a good coach?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    Why would anyone believe Dell would hire a good coach?
    Blind squirrels and nuts.

Firing Dell and Gentry could make more damage than good. IMO the most important thing is to keep Boogie here. Dell is good enough at finding role players and Gentry is probably good enough to bring AD, Boogie, Jrue and better role players to the playoffs next year. Let them gel next year and have Boogie sign the new contract here. Then Gentry can get fired unless the team shines .

Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Gentry needs to go!
    I'm in! He needs to go!

#FireGentry

Gentry gotta go. I think Demps will get another year to build the roster around Boogie and AD.

If they bring in a new coach that has bball ops duties there will be no need for Dell. So might as well let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltiger View Post
    He tell you this himself?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Firing Dell and Gentry could make more damage than good. IMO the most important thing is to keep Boogie here. Dell is good enough at finding role players and Gentry is probably good enough to bring AD, Boogie, Jrue and better role players to the playoffs next year. Let them gel next year and have Boogie sign the new contract here. Then Gentry can get fired unless the team shines .
    Even when coaches get dual duties (president & coach), those teams still keep a GM right? Like SVG has that in Detroit but Bower is still the GM. Maybe keep Dell but he has to have these deals approved by the president/coach with dual responsibilities? This would simply just be to keep Boogie from potentially growing frustrated

Monty is the only coach I trust to bring in. I feel like everyone else is a gamble, especially JVG. I remember when he first came to Houston he was so stuck in his ways, him and Steve Francis butted heads the whole year. Then they brought in Tmac and he had some success but he never got out the first round eith Tmac and Yao. Even got blown out by 40pts in a game 7 by Dallas. Van Gundy never adjusted or changed the entire time he was with the Rockets. It made sense to walk the ball up when you had 7'6 Yao, but he kept the same pace even when he was starting 6'6 Chuck Hayes. He also refused to play rookies, that's why Rudy Gay was traded for Shane Battier. All in all I don't see Cousins liking JVG long term.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Monty is the only coach I trust to bring in. I feel like everyone else is a gamble, especially JVG. I remember when he first came to Houston he was so stuck in his ways, him and Steve Francis butted heads the whole year. Then they brought in Tmac and he had some success but he never got out the first round eith Tmac and Yao. Even got blown out by 40pts in a game 7 by Dallas. Van Gundy never adjusted or changed the entire time he was with the Rockets. It made sense to walk the ball up when you had 7'6 Yao, but he kept the same pace even when he was starting 6'6 Chuck Hayes. He also refused to play rookies, that's why Rudy Gay was traded for Shane Battier. All in all I don't see Cousins liking JVG long term.
    Our current centerpieces really are built to Monty's liking IMO. Defense first, slow down the pace, get the ball inside

Thread Information