Thread: Trade Idea

Trade Idea

QPON
    Ajinca
    Frazier
    2nd Rounder/Diallo

for

Ricky Rubio

Twolves shed salary and move on with Jones and Dunn. Frazier and Ajinca both will only have 1 year remaining, where Rubio has 2. Sweeten the deal with diallo or the second round pick.

I don't think they could get much more for Rubio. You think they would do this. I really think we need a point guard to get this offense running and I don't think Jrue has that ability.

Besides the occasional wtf shot, Frazier has been playing fine. Seems to playing more like an NBA player now off the ball on both ends. Plus I'd rather they keep a young talent like Diallo on a cheap contract. Less holes you have to plug for the 2nd unit next year. If everything works out and you need to trade him later on, could demand a small ransom on his own.

I more Ok with Rubio than I have ever been before. His shooting lately has been good, hes the floor general that Jrue cant always be, and a Jrue/Rubio starting back court would be great defensively. Id try to get Minni to bite on out '18 first and Frazier/Asik package.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Rubio is good but will he be a better fit? I'm not so sure. I want to see Jrue with cousins after about 45 games. I think they will adjust and be a great trio.

I love Frazier and Diallo could be very good. I'd hold back from making that trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seen how Rubio recently played??

Do You really think that they wanna dump him?
    And to take bad Ajinca salary back...

Must be kidding...

The way how he plays after LaVine injury (and how Minny plays - they have beaten GSW, Cavs, WAs etc) - may mean that LaVine might be a problem of this team...

They're practically trying to give rubio away why would we give them all of that?

If he continues to play like he's been playing I'm all for it, but at the same time he'll start to command way more than that in a trade. He's really been putting on a show as of late. Let's see how long it lasts.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it."
    - el-Hajj Malik el-Shabazz

I am all for a jrue/rubio backcourt but I don't like including Diallo in the deal. I think he is a key rotation guy in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by heybigmatt View Post
    QPON
    Ajinca
    Frazier
    2nd Rounder/Diallo

for

Ricky Rubio

Twolves shed salary and move on with Jones and Dunn. Frazier and Ajinca both will only have 1 year remaining, where Rubio has 2. Sweeten the deal with diallo or the second round pick.

I don't think they could get much more for Rubio. You think they would do this. I really think we need a point guard to get this offense running and I don't think Jrue has that ability.
    Ajinca has TWO more years left.
    Minny don't need prospects. they want players.

This deal makes no sense for Minny.

They might have agreed for Rubio for Holiday straight at the deadline.
    They can trade him somewhere for the value. Not for thrash not named Diallo (Ajinca is owed 5 millions)

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Bring back Jrue and invest the MLE in a shooter. Jrue/Rubio defense would be hot fire.
    @DanielVeuleman

You guys are grossly undervaluing Ajinca. He is NOT a horrible contract. He is a backup big with 2 years left and only owed 5m a year.

Does he have value? Probably not. But he isn't some albatross of a contract. He is a filler. Doesn't move the needle either way.

I actually like him as a cheap backup center for us.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    1. Ajinca isn't the problem
    2. This isn't enough to get Rubio
    3. Jrue thinks of himself as a playmaker, and he isn't, therefor we need someone who can allow Jrue to play off ball.

If a 2018 1st + filler isn't enough to get Rubio what exactly is his value? Around the trade deadline Thibs was willing to move him for a 1st and Rose on an expiring deal.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    We should just turn this into a trade ideas thread.

Asik and the right to swap firsts for Brandon Knight.

I think we really need to be careful about what's players we add to this roster. We need someone who can be a floor general, score when he has the opportunity but more be an engine for the offense to let other people score. Someone who knows how to pass the ball and doesn't need the ball in his hand all the time. I think Rubio is the only one I see that fits the bill beside maybe Teague, but is better at what we need than Teague is. I think a backcourt of Rubio and jrue could really work. Not to mention Rubios contract for us isn't that bad.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    If a 2018 1st + filler isn't enough to get Rubio what exactly is his value? Around the trade deadline Thibs was willing to move him for a 1st and Rose on an expiring deal.
    2018 1st could get it done, but OP suggested a 2017 2nd rounder or Diallo. I don't think that get's us Rubio. Nor am I sure I'd want to give up that for Rubio. Is it too much to ask for a playmaking PG that also shoots above 30% from 3? I'm not asking for Steph Curry, but at least above 30%!
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 03-15-2017 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    2018 1st could get it done, but OP suggested a 2017 2nd rounder or Diallo. I don't think that get's us Rubio. Nor am I sure I'd want to give up that for Rubio. Is it too much to ask for a playmaking PG that also shoots above 30% from 3? I'm not asking for Steph Curry, but at least above 30%!
    If we kept Jrue and dumped Asik as part of the "filler" for the trade I'd totally give them our 2018 1st.

Rubio, Jrue, AD, Cousins is a really solid core. It also allows Jrue to play off ball as a combo guard which I feel he's better at. Takes the playmaking pressure off of him and allows him to just attack when he gets the ball.

Not saying Rubio is the only option. I'd also look at Dragic or Batum (assuming those teams want to move on from them). If we somehow got a top 3 pick in 2017 due to a miracle I'd break the bank to trade for Lillard.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    You guys are grossly undervaluing Ajinca. He is NOT a horrible contract. He is a backup big with 2 years left and only owed 5m a year.

Does he have value? Probably not. But he isn't some albatross of a contract. He is a filler. Doesn't move the needle either way.

I actually like him as a cheap backup center for us.
    He is better than DMo

Thread Information