Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Lauscha promising changes in future?

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Remember when I said the chain of command was this,

Saints

Horse racing

Car dealerships

Pelicans

And some of you said I was wrong about the car dealerships! Well guess what!

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...er_mobile_home
    How does him buying a car dealership make you right about that the "chain of command?" You do realize that a car dealership is peanuts to him and that a billionaire can have more than one investment at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by strictfamjay View Post
    I know it may not be major but the music in the Arena is dated I feel like we been using the same tracks since CP3 was here we need something thats up to date and gets the fans hyped like the Saints have key songs they play to get the Fans into it just my opinion
    To be honest I think the Saints could use a revamp as well. But the Pelicans are the worst.

Benson and Loomis seem to have still not gotten around to staff the DJ booth when they took over the Pelicans, so everything is just running on auto-repeat..... Probably got lost in the shuffle of Saints draft prep period like the whole firing Demps thing.

I just hope Anthony Davis or Demarcus Cousins stipulate in their next contract that the tracks: DAAAAOOOOOO, Everybody Clap Your Hands, and Move *lady screams*, Get Out The Way, will be banned from being played within 15 miles in any direction from the Smoothie King Center.

FWIW Pelicans won't fall in the standings below 9th worst record.
    Dallas may have the same numbers (2-2 tie on season series. But worse division record ).
    So Pels are no longer worst in the Midwest. Success!

Kings may still be better than Pels (have a tie breaker). But may risk losing pick (top-10 protected). And playing at LAC.

Quote Originally Posted by strictfamjay View Post
    I know it may not be major but the music in the Arena is dated I feel like we been using the same tracks since CP3 was here we need something thats up to date and gets the fans hyped like the Saints have key songs they play to get the Fans into it just my opinion
    The music and lighting (oversaturation of) makes this team feel like a minor league experience. That stigma feeds down generationally. Kids and teens from when the team relocated, whom were originally targeted by the original kiddy atmosphere, are now young adults with kids of their own ffs.
    asdfghjkl;'

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    To be honest I think the Saints could use a revamp as well. But the Pelicans are the worst.

Benson and Loomis seem to have still not gotten around to staff the DJ booth when they took over the Pelicans, so everything is just running on auto-repeat..... Probably got lost in the shuffle of Saints draft prep period like the whole firing Demps thing.

I just hope Anthony Davis or Demarcus Cousins stipulate in their next contract that the tracks: DAAAAOOOOOO, Everybody Clap Your Hands, and Move *lady screams*, Get Out The Way, will be banned from being played within 15 miles in any direction from the Smoothie King Center.
    Seriously can we start an online petetion on Twitter or anywhere else Nola sports to change the damn DJ? Seriously guys like fix this damn crap. I'm done hearing freaking Gwen Stefani and Akon , Ludacris and no New Orleans music.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    How does him buying a car dealership make you right about that the "chain of command?" You do realize that a car dealership is peanuts to him and that a billionaire can have more than one investment at a time?
    The chain of command is correct if Dell/Gentry return another season.

The chain of command is correct if Dell/Gentry return another season.
    Has nothing to do with it. A small investment in a car dealership has nothing to do with his "chain of command." He has others that run the dealerships and billionaires do not spend their entire focus on one investment.

Has nothing to do with it. A small investment in a car dealership has nothing to do with his "chain of command." He has others that run the dealerships and billionaires do not spend their entire focus on one investment.
    Sure he does just like he has Dennis run business operations for Pelicans/Saints. He(Benson)has been there and done that and at his age let someone else do the dirty work. Obviously he does not focus on one investment that is why there is a chain of command.

Guess he(Dennis) was lying. Much like a snake oil car salesman.

Hmm just because you interpreted him incorrectly doesn't mean he was lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    My bad. On that note hope you enjoy empty patches of seats, and fans cheering the opposing players again. Maybe we can get CP3 if Stephen A Smith had his way. Otherwise it is same ole same ole.

Byron Scott at least got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Is this a joke? He got us into the 2nd round... in a game 7.... with the Spurs... when we would have had a championship that year if he weren't the most short-sighted coach in history

Rasual Butler couldnt get a minute..... (was a starter the next several years after that one)
    Chris Anderson couldnt get a minute....(was 6th man of the year afterwards

Bonzi Wells and freaggin Mike James played ahead of those guys.... and Mo Pets???

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    The more this offseason progresses the happier I become that I didn't commit more money to season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Maybe he finds us a new music entertainer? Bring back Rob Nice?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    The more this offseason progresses the happier I become that I didn't commit more money to season tickets.
    Next year is still going to be the most successful season we've had since AD arrived, by far.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Next year is still going to be the most successful season we've had since AD arrived, by far.
    I hope you are right!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was their best season, but I don't think they're winning far more than 45 games.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was their best season, but I don't think they're winning far more than 45 games.
    I'd be surprised if it wasn't their best season.

I think 50-55 wins is realistic and that would be an awesome season. They might even win a playoff series.

I think 50-55 wins is realistic and that would be an awesome season. They might even win a playoff series.

Whoa let us slow down. Don't jinx it already. One day at a time!

Banned
    Its really sad as a fan to watch this era with AD with year after year of Excuses and losing.
    I think trying to make a player be something they cannot is a big reason the Pelicans are in this postion.
    All this talk of Jrue Holiday resigning is a damn Joke.
    We can't win with this player Period. But yet fans think we need him ???
    Its all fun to vent our issues on this forum but the fact remains clear.
    Watch the playoffs and see how far away we are from the top 8 teams in the league.
    I feel we will lose AD and DC in 2 years. DC first then AD opts out or demands a trade.
    These guys want to Win not just be a bottom feeder 8 seed 1 and done in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Its really sad as a fan to watch this era with AD with year after year of Excuses and losing.
    I think trying to make a player be something they cannot is a big reason the Pelicans are in this postion.
    All this talk of Jrue Holiday resigning is a damn Joke.
    We can't win with this player Period. But yet fans think we need him ???
    Its all fun to vent our issues on this forum but the fact remains clear.
    Watch the playoffs and see how far away we are from the top 8 teams in the league.
    I feel we will lose AD and DC in 2 years. DC first then AD opts out or demands a trade.
    These guys want to Win not just be a bottom feeder 8 seed 1 and done in the playoffs.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Essentially crowdsourcing the management of a professionals sports team is very Vivek Ranadive. There's an argument to make for firing Dell/Gentry immediately, and there is a good argument to be made for allowing them (especially Gentry) to see this through the 2017/18 season. Suggesting fans sway the decision one way or another, when ultimately it's winning that engages the fans, has always been a bit ridiculous in my mind. There are very few coaches that would cause the fan interest to spike, and pursuing one of those may not be in the best interest of the organization. A lot of casual fans would be super interested in a Joe Dumars/Avery Johnson pairing. Or if we threw the cash at Calipari. Similar to how the Knicks threw cash at Phil.

If the Pelicans get off to a great start next year the plays will fill up and fans will buy tickets, even the fans who don't buy tickets now because they're upset with Gentry and Dell being retained.

At the end of the day the best organizations make decisions based on what's best for the immediate future and the long term. It's not clear that the Benson group isn't doing the same thing. The one time they were pressured into a change, firing Monty, they probably regret it.

I had to unfollow Fisher as he seems to do nothing lately but complain about everything, whether it be Pelicans, Saints, or politics.

I had to unfollow Fisher as he seems to do nothing lately but complain about everything, whether it be Pelicans, Saints, or politics.
    And the gullible casual fans eat right out of the palm of his hand.

Thread Information