Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dennis Lauscha promising changes in future?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Oh my god I just realized he looks like King Cake Baby. Mind Blown!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    Evil. I like it. His commentary was good Saturday too.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Don't count on Lauscha doing anything. He and Loomis are so close that there is no accountability.
    I think something will change. Loomis is showing his power in the football department right now. Perhaps he makes his way to the basketball department for house cleaning at season end?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Tinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topdawg26 View Post
    Gentry just doesn't have a clue what to do with a big team. We need a guy who can use our size to create mismatches down low that the players respect.
    Jeff Van Gundy ~~~ Kevin McHale~~~ I could see giving Patrick Ewing a shot

Demps is all about self-preservation. If Loomis leaves him in charge, all he is going to do is what is best for him and not the organization (which means another terrible coaching hire of someone who does not want to infringe on his power).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Demps is all about self-preservation. If Loomis leaves him in charge, all he is going to do is what is best for him and not the organization (which means another terrible coaching hire of someone who does not want to infringe on his power).
    Why do you say that? Because he passed on JVG? Demps pulled off one of the best trades in NBA history. Why would trust JVG over Demps?

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Why do you say that? Because he passed on JVG? Demps pulled off one of the best trades in NBA history. Why would trust JVG over Demps?

Because it was reported that both JVG and Calipari were interested in the job yet Demps passed on both because they wanted a higher level of power. He chose a retread that has no significant track record of success.

Because it was reported that both JVG and Calipari were interested in the job yet Demps passed on both because they wanted a higher level of power. He chose a retread that has no significant track record of success.
    I agree. At this point I'm happy with Monty again.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I agree. At this point I'm happy with Monty again.
    But, would David Fisher approve this move?
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Squirrels with sight disabilities and nuts.

Eventually, they're going to do something good on accident.
    Isn't that sort of how Sean Payton happened lol?

Benson seemed more concerned with maximizing his return by sneaking his way into a perceived better market(SA) and then lucked into the Katrina miracle season and all of the sudden he finally learned that winning sort of works pretty good as a revenue maximizing strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Squirrels with sight disabilities and nuts.

Eventually, they're going to do something good on accident.

Gentry may suck, bUT noone should be calling the dude Bron Scott.
    If you do think he's that bad, you're wrong. Scott was evil

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Gentry may suck, bUT noone should be calling the dude Bron Scott.
    If you do think he's that bad, you're wrong. Scott was evil
    Byron Scott at least got us to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Scott was evil
    His entire game plan: "Everyone stand around and wait for CP3 to make something happen." Scott was running that dude into the ground.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I find it interesting that people keep mentioning Calipari, a dude who had an awful stint as an NBA coach. Now at Kentucky, he has proven himself to be a master recruiter in the one and done era, yet hasn't proven himself to be much of a tactician. Granted, I only watch a few UK games a year, but I have never been blown away by Calipari's actual coaching ability.

Was it Byron or the roster?

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Was it Byron or the roster?
    Well if you are going with the roster argument. Gentry could not get this roster we have now in the playoffs. Not even above.500

Quote Originally Posted by boardtown View Post
    His entire game plan: "Everyone stand around and wait for CP3 to make something happen." Scott was running that dude into the ground.
    Just like Gentry is doing with Davis?

Banned
    Champ
    Alvin Gentry couldnt get past the first round with the Spurs Roster

Well if you are going with the roster argument. Gentry could not get this roster we have now in the playoffs. Not even above.500
    Hah, that's not how "the roster argument" would apply to Gentry; in fact, it's the opposite. He's implying "Byron was not the cause of the team's record, the team's talent was." Applying the implication to Gentry would lead to the conclusion "Gentry is not the cause of this team's record, the team's lack of talent is."

I mean, it's not a legitimate inference to make -- implying that the roster was so good an inept coach could win does not require us to accept that losing is the result of a bad team rather than a bad coach. But that reply was even the wrong illegitimate inference to make...

The Franchise
    I think calipari must be a good coach to take one and dones to the playoffs every year so I wouldn't mind taking a chance on him. LSU could do it so it can't be as simple as it seems.

Gentry came in expected to make the playoffs with a mostly returning staff and didn't come close. Injuries could be an excuse every year so that doesn't fly with me.

Monty got more out of what he had. That to me is a sign of a good coach.

Dell to me is an average GM but like a coach I want him to over achieve. I think Loomis is a GM that lets Payton pick his players which is a good strategy. Sign a coach and let them pick their poison. If the coach doesn't do well then move on to the next one. I'd guess if Gentry got to pick one good player say like Barnes and then Dell made all his other small moves, then Dell would be an above average GM.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 04-10-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Word on the street is that Calipari is not good coach, but he is great in other areas (motivation, recruiting etc).
    So if he will get correct staff - he might succeed. His short stint in the NBA was not great, but during his 2,5 seasons he won 39% of games and was once in PO...

As to Gentry - IMO it looks that he will be given another chance. Don't expect a change here.

Still I am not sure if I am fine with it or not (Pels played well recently - with AD and DMC)

Byron Scott is an atrociously bad coach, they got that far in spite of him, not because of him...

Remember when I said the chain of command was this,

Saints

Horse racing

Car dealerships

Pelicans

And some of you said I was wrong about the car dealerships! Well guess what!

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...er_mobile_home

Quote Originally Posted by strictfamjay View Post
    I know it may not be major but the music in the Arena is dated I feel like we been using the same tracks since CP3 was here we need something thats up to date and gets the fans hyped like the Saints have key songs they play to get the Fans into it just my opinion
    This! and even beyond this the whole marketing team needs to be overhauled. This team isn't cool. Our commercials are lame. compare and contrast Pelicans commercials with this

Beyond winning we need to make this team cool and trendy.

Thread Information