Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The benching of Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Where did I say that. Check the archives. I endorsed the move. So I'm not allowed to be critical? I even just gave an idea this offseason. At least we did trade for that Okafor guy. His(Okafor) defense is worse ever.
    There's a fine line between being critical and whining. You whine. A lot. All the time.

Thanks! I'll use the meltdown thread next time rather than start a new thread!
    That's actually a great idea. It keeps everything in one place for those who want to live that life and allows me to avoid it in every other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    There's a fine line between being critical and whining. You whine. A lot. All the time.
    Me whine? You never read the posters in the gameday thread after a loss? Let us see what happens after our next loss.

Fair assessment! I agree here,

Kings were stuck in the bottom third of NBA for 7 years despite having Cousins, not because of it.

Me whine? You never read the posters in the gameday thread after a loss? Let us see what happens after our next loss.
    You're not the only who does it. Other people can and do whine too. I'm saying you do it often.

Speaking of whiners. The injury whiners.

Yes you're right. Fisher is almost as big of a whiner as you.

That was your point by constantly posting his tweets, right?

lol thanks for pointing that out Champ. Didn't even see that tweet. Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Yes you're right. Fisher is almost as big of a whiner as you.

That was your point by constantly posting his tweets, right?
    Lol going kinda hard huh?
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    this

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    Lol going kinda hard huh?
    Lol. I saw an opening. I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Come on now stop it. You can hate on Demps but dont sit there and act like this franchise was even trying to win when he got here. Those first 3 years was nothing more than trying to rebuild from scratch and tanking on purpose.

And there was never a "win now" approach either.
    Demps has traded away 7 #1 picks. AD is the only draft pick on the team. So, what I mean is Demps wheels and deals every year, rather than building through being bad and accumulating young talent through #1 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by jwashb9999 View Post
    Demps has traded away 7 #1 picks. AD is the only draft pick on the team. So, what I mean is Demps wheels and deals every year, rather than building through being bad and accumulating young talent through #1 picks.
    That doesn't mean there is a "win now" approach. The goal is to collect talent. Period.

I mean, I was told before this year by someone that teams like Minnesota and Denver were in far better position than us by collecting so many draft picks. I said that was false since there are a 1,000 ways to get top talent. Which has been proven correct.

I bet both those teams would trade half their rosters to be able to have and build on this one (AD and Cousins).

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Boogie is PERFECT for the PELS. Be patient and all naysayers and whiners will be proven wrong. I still think we will make the playoffs. I think Gentry is coaching well. I think we are becoming a tough team very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Boogie is PERFECT for the PELS. Be patient and all naysayers and whiners will be proven wrong. I still think we will make the playoffs. I think Gentry is coaching well. I think we are becoming a tough team very quickly.

I like your post

That doesn't mean there is a "win now" approach. The goal is to collect talent. Period.

I mean, I was told before this year by someone that teams like Minnesota and Denver were in far better position than us by collecting so many draft picks. I said that was false since there are a 1,000 ways to get top talent. Which has been proven correct.

I bet both those teams would trade half their rosters to be able to have and build on this one (AD and Cousins).
    I also think they would.

No one could account for the good fortune that there was an organization out there that irrational that the Pels would benefit from.

What the Pels pulled off with Cousins is like those 4-5 threads every month where some random poster suggests we should package Solo, Asik, Diallo and a first rounder to Indy for Paul George. Everyone would rightly point and laugh. Heck just suggest Buddy and a first rounder plus Evans and Galloway for Paul George and you get laughed out.

....Turns out there was one owner out there that saw threads like that and thought, "yeah, sounds good. Not even going to bother finding out what all other teams might offer."

And it should be noted, that allstar break last year, the rumors from Lowe and Woj were that Loomis handcuffed Demps from selling the first rounder that became Hield. In pure Demps world, without interference, Cousins is probably on some random team that drafted Buddy right now.

Demps is about the luckiest GM alive right now. Failed for years and then thanks to such poor management, ownership was concerned he would sell the farm last season so they forced a handicap onto him. Even then, had Philly not over-valued the market, we are likely talking about a Jrue, Buddy, AD, Jahlil Okafor core.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 03-20-2017 at 05:46 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Champ are you phelpsalot or fletcher? I really can't tell, but neither is a compliment lol

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post

deh ever catch dat gorilla that busted outa da zoo and punched you in da eye?

Boogie is perfect for taking the fun out of seeing your team play. All his crying and stupid fouls made me wanna drink more. I had the blinders on just like you all and only saw what I wanted to see. His treatment by the refs was earned over time and he just wears people down with his bs. He has all the tools to be one of the best, but he will never get to the top. He's had it his way all his life and a bunch of yes men to kiss his azz all along the way. Treats most teammates like crap and will never be a winner until he changes his ways. I waited and waited for that change and after 3/4 years knew he would never change. Yes he played on my crap team and didn't have great players around him, but he didn't help with his crying and stupid outbursts.

Mark my words you ALL will think what I think now if he signs with you long term. I was at first about the trade(because we didn't get enough in return) but damn am I happy not to see that balloon head play on my ream anymore. It's nice not to see the crying and moaning anymore. Yes we will suck for awhile but for the first time in a long time we play like a team that likes one another.

You've only had a small sample size of him and I understand the most of you are all hot and bothered right now. In good time the honeymoon will be over and all you'll have left is a rode hard and put away wet long term commitment.

Enjoy the Sloppy Seconds
    Last edited by 916_OutKast; 03-21-2017 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 916_OutKast View Post

deh ever catch dat gorilla that busted outa da zoo and punched you in da eye?

Boogie is perfect for taking the fun out of seeing your team play. All his crying and stupid fouls made me wanna drink more. I had the blinders on just like you all and only saw what I wanted to see. His treatment by the refs was earned over time and he just wears people down with his bs. He has all the tools to be one of the best, but he will never get to the top. He's had it his way all his life and a bunch of yes men to kiss his azz all along the way. Treats most teammates like crap and will never be a winner until he changes his ways. I waited and waited for that change and after 3/4 years knew he would never change. Yes he played on my crap team and didn't have great players around him, but he didn't help with his crying and stupid outbursts.

Mark my words you ALL will think what I think now if he signs with you long term. I was at first about the trade(because we didn't get enough in return) but damn am I happy not to see that balloon head play on my ream anymore. It's nice not to see the crying and moaning anymore. Yes we will suck for awhile but for the first time in a long time we play like a team that likes one another.

You've only had a small sample size of him and I understand the most of you are all hot and bothered right now. In good time the honeymoon will be over and all you'll have left is a rode hard and put away wet long term commitment.

Enjoy the Sloppy Seconds
    Well there's the door....enjoy buddy hield man

I was watching him after they took him out at about 4 minutes, he was pouting and shaking his head. Didn't look to participate in TOs. AD did make a comment about leadership meaning you would have to give up some touches for the greater good of the team and winning. There was also some mention of something btw frazier and boogie as well but couldn't find any mention anywhere of this. His desire to play to me isn't the issue but the fact that it was a win and he is upset. Doesn't appear to be a team first player if that is the attitude he has. I think this is what was meant over on the other board. Not sure how big of a problem this will be but hopefully he realizes AD is right. With his past history it is hard to be encouraged. Here's to a change in attitude.
    Last edited by shanesy; 03-21-2017 at 10:28 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    I was watching him after they took him out at about 4 minutes, he was pouting and shaking his head. Didn't look to participate in TOs. AD did make a comment about leadership meaning you would have to give up some touches for the greater good of the team and winning. There was also some mention of something btw frazier and boogie as well but couldn't find any mention anywhere of this. His desire to play to me isn't the issue but the fact that it was a win and he is upset. Doesn't appear to be a team first player if that is the attitude he has. I think this is what was meant over on the other board. Not sure how big of a problem this will be but hopefully he realizes AD is right. With his past history it is hard to be encouraged. Here's to a change in attitude.
    I bet you could find examples of any great player not wanting to come out the game. I specifically remember that happening with Chris Paul. If he actually does something to cause a problem I will join the ranks to condemn is attitude but right now, hell no. The chip on boogies shoulder is just the edge that this team needed.

Good. Good. No team gets anywhere with a bunch of agreeable pansies. And before anyone mentions San Antonio, their head coach is no nice guy. I saw him literally get angry and push one of his assistants in the chest. Not in a good natured way either. I'm sure they get at it at practice. Can't think of many championship teams that didn't get at each other at some point.

As long as other players step up this is a good thing. Either it will lead to more cohesion or...k bye.

Then again, if all of this is from a fan point of view, well it always looks worse than what it really is to the guys in the huddle.

Good. Good. No team gets anywhere with a bunch of agreeable pansies.
    Yup, none of this sounds bad to me. Quite the opposite.

Thread Information