Pelicans Report

Thread: Cheick Diallo

Cheick Diallo

Would anyone else besides me, like to see some Diallo playing time. I honestly don't think we have a legit chance to make the playoffs, so at what point do we decide to play some guys that don't get the time usually? If Diallo can get some time we can see what he's got, and give him some NBA time instead of D League! I think we all know he's got a lot of potential just needs to get some time! I'm not sure if AD is out from his injury the other night, but if he is Diallo should get some time tonight!

Well a few things. AD is healthy and playing next game. That next game isn't tonight but rather tomorrow night. And as far as Diallo goes, I'd love to see him get playing time as well. But this franchise is more concerned with attempting to win now than developing Diallo going forward. He's back in the D-League right now I think, anyway.

I think they are trying to win now and develop Diallo. Thats why he is in the D -league and not wasting away on the bench. Two things can be done at the same time.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Playing Diallo over Ajinca wouldn't really negatively affect our chances of winning and would do him good to see NBA action some, imo. I agree.
    @DanielVeuleman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Tough to say. Is he better off getting big minutes in d-league or a handful of minutes with our team this year? I think I'd rather him just play a lot at this point.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I do like that we're very conscious of his development and want him to get as many minutes as possible. I just hope all this travel doesn't wear him out or have any negative impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Playing Diallo over Ajinca wouldn't really negatively affect our chances of winning and would do him good to see NBA action some, imo. I agree.
    Ajinca has played better recently but I guess once people get prejudiced against someone then it's over.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Whatever happens I'm excited about Diallo. He's going to be awesome if he can adjust. He has great defense and he's very athletic. He looks better than most players on the court when he's out there. I like his offense too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Diallo A LOT. Keep doing work in the D League this year, you will get some minutes next season.

Start him at the 3

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Start him at the 3
    Start him as PG maybe has better vision than Jrue

Looking forward to next year. Over the summer I lock him in a room and have him watch Lamar Odom cut ups 3 hours per day.

If he can even begin to scratch that kind of talent off the bench next year, that's one less piece Dell has to go find. He's already got all the building blocks of an Odom game except the handle.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    He did great scoring in the game where he got a lot of playing time. But this year doesn't matter, hopefully he can make a giant leap forward next season.

The best part is he's showing it in the D league. Just needs to continue to develop and he will get minutes next year.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Start him at the 3
    I'm not sure how he can play anything but 4/5

Thread Information