Pelicans Report

Thread: Players around Davis? How about just the guys we've let go...

Pelicans Players around Davis? How about just the guys we've let go...

Does it ever seem like every Pelican who leaves the team thrives somewhere else? Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson are filling it up--and staying healthy--in Houston alongside Trevor Ariza, another former New Orleans hoopster. Evans and Hield both already look they've gone a couple of ticks up in the two weeks they've been with the Kings. Aminu has turned into a valuable player for Portland and even Luke Babbitt is knocking down big shots for the Heat. James Ennis. Robin Lopez. Heck, if you let me pick a roster to put around Davis comprised just of guys we've let go since AD joined the team, I think we'd be a 50+-win squad, provided they play like they have for their new teams. Let's give it a try...

C Davis
    PF Anderson
    SF Ariza
    SG Gordon
    PG Evans

Bench

C Lopez
    PF Aminu/Lance Thomas
    SF Ennis/Babbitt
    SG Hield/Rivers
    PF Ish/Roberts

I'd take that team right now! At this rate I'm afraid to let Jrue walk just to watch return to all-star status with another team. With our record even ditching Asik could be a risk....

It's coaching
    I'm a grinder

Can't include Gordon since he actively "dogged" it while a member of the Pelicans/Hornets. He looks like he actually cares in Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    It's coaching
    Can't say it's coaching when freak neck and eye socket injuries occur. Evans, Gordon, and Anderson were perpetually injured while here. When they weren't, the team won.

Also, as much as people keep trying to think it's a good idea, Anthony Davis is not a center. Put Lopez in the starting lineup, move Anderson to 6th man, and Lance Thomas can stay in New York.

Buddy doing pretty well. Isn't it funny we are looking up to the Kings now. Bye Dell.

Would not be shocked if they shopped Cousins in offseason. Get another draft pick or a couple more players.Look at how they are shopping Cooks in the football dept.

Cooks asked to be traded per reports. If cousins asks the same they would be stupid not to as well.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Would not be shocked if they shopped Cousins in offseason. Get another draft pick or a couple more players.Look at how they are shopping Cooks in the football dept.
    Even for you, this is a beyond a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Even for you, this is a beyond a stretch.
    You think he stays long term ? You betting money on it?

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...-cousins-6886/

He can stay longer than two months worth of games, dude.

You think he stays long term ? You betting money on it?

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...-cousins-6886/
    He has paid more in fines than I have made in my life.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...ns-6886/fines/

(doesn't include today's fines)
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I'm not saying it can't work with Cousins, but I have my doubts. I just don't know if two ball-dominant big men can work in today's NBA. That's no knock on Boogie either as a person or a player. He's incredibly skilled and could easily be the center piece of a good team. But honestly not sure Davis and Cousins are the best fit. If I could exchange Cousins for two good players that fit--say Vucevic and Fournier from the Magic--I'd do it in a flash. I realize that goes against conventional wisdom that you don't trade one great player for multiple good players and normally I'd agree. But I'd prefer a balanced line-up with Davis as the clear focal point surrounded by an above-average roster, rather than two great players who don't mesh (and destroy the salary cap) surrounded by a sub-par supporting cast. That team won't go anywhere and is painful to watch as well...

That is your opinion but is that D.C's opinion? If Dell is gone the game changes! Especially if Loomis starts to pull the triggers.

Danny Ainge still wants him in Boston?

Would you do this?

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zo3y67k

It is just an example. Most experts agree if Cousins is moved this offseason we could gain more. You do the move only if he is unhappy.
    Last edited by Champ; 03-09-2017 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    He has paid more in fines than I have made in my life.

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/new-orlea...ns-6886/fines/

(doesn't include today's fines)

LOL. Don't look like the Players Association come in his defense(Cousins) either. Isn't Chris Paul on that committee?

That is your opinion but is that D.C's opinion? If Dell is gone the game changes! Especially if Loomis starts to pull the triggers.
    I doubt Loomis ever takes that kind of control of the team.

If he does, he'll quickly find a new GM and let them do everything.

And even forgetting that. I doubt Cousins decides he wants off this team when he's played barely half a season here.

And even forgetting that. I doubt Cousins decides he wants off this team when he's played barely half a season here.

Quote Originally Posted by shanesy View Post
    Cooks asked to be traded per reports. If cousins asks the same they would be stupid not to as well.
    Loomis Went Vlade!

Yeah. You're probably right.

Jesus, that computer. Hope that was taken in 2001.

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    I'm not saying it can't work with Cousins, but I have my doubts. I just don't know if two ball-dominant big men can work in today's NBA. That's no knock on Boogie either as a person or a player. He's incredibly skilled and could easily be the center piece of a good team. But honestly not sure Davis and Cousins are the best fit. If I could exchange Cousins for two good players that fit--say Vucevic and Fournier from the Magic--I'd do it in a flash. I realize that goes against conventional wisdom that you don't trade one great player for multiple good players and normally I'd agree. But I'd prefer a balanced line-up with Davis as the clear focal point surrounded by an above-average roster, rather than two great players who don't mesh (and destroy the salary cap) surrounded by a sub-par supporting cast. That team won't go anywhere and is painful to watch as well...
    I actually love the fact that the Pels decided to go against the grain!! If it works it can change the whole NBA I miss players like Barkley, Oakley or even Rodman

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    We should keep Jrue but move him to shooting guard and have him shoot 3s constantly all offseason. Make him a 3 point threat. Sign Jeff Teague to play point. If we can't sign both players then I would sign teague over Holiday. He's super fast with a killer crossover and a solid scorer/shooter. He's more aggressive than Jrue.

https://youtu.be/Nzw9Di_kMhg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be prepared for anything if Loomis takes control.

Rumor has it our HC has benched Cousins tonight?

Rumor has it our HC has benched Cousins tonight?
    Not what happened. I take it you didn't see the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    Can't include Gordon since he actively "dogged" it while a member of the Pelicans/Hornets. He looks like he actually cares in Houston.
    That's what happens when you match the contract of a player who begs you to not match it. Or the Pelicans should've signed him before he took the Suns offer sheet but they didn't think he was worth it until then.

Thread Information