Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ajinca's Wife

Ajinca's Wife

This is one of the convos but she has been going back and forth with Twitter posters of course defending her husband.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    SIGN A SF

Anyone remember Darren Sproles wife on twitter/Facebook ? She was a kick too.
    Last edited by Champ; 02-27-2017 at 08:58 AM.

Ajinca is a scrub and is lucky to have got a NBA contract .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajinca's Wife

Man people turn on players fast. Ajinca the last couple of years was a fine backup big. He EARNED his contract. The problem is he just doesn't fit Gentry's system and he can't get consistent minutes.

I still think for a different team he can give you 15 minutes a game as a backup. Situation just isn't here for him, not with Gentry.

I actually agree with his wife and she seems a lot calmer than now Sproles wife was on Twitter.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Eh. I'm iffy on Ajinca. I love his jump shot but man he's atrocious when it comes to being physical. He's so lanky and he fouls too much.

The only real part i take issue is "enduring this situation"

No team in the NBA would be paying him what we are. Overseas maybe, I guess.

The way we are playing I think AD and D.C. Should sub each other and only be on the court together for limited time.

AA was never an issue if you played him limited. Contract isn't that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post

AA was never an issue if you played him limited. Contract isn't that bad.

relative to the amount of minutes he gets it is

Ajinca is not a bad player. The coach wants to run a specific system that he doesn't fit in. He'd get minutes somewhere else.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    Regardless of what you think of him as a player, he has been a good dude. And I agree with his wife. I hope no one is taking issue with this.

I believe Gentry needs to use him more to stretch the floor with Boogie. As much as I like D-Mo, he doesn't have the height to fight against guys much taller than him. Plus, it helps out Boogie on the offensive end too.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Anyone remember Darren Sproles wife on twitter/Facebook ? She was a kick too.
    No one comes close to Brent Grimes Wife. Sheesh.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    If Ajinca could go to a team that posts up/goes big, he'd be a solid role player. Problem (for him) is, everyone's going skill>size.... Or skill and size, in our case.

Ajinca may just be a victim of the times, NBA wise.
    @DanielVeuleman

'Enduring the situation' is a little hyperbolic I think, though her point is valid.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We could put up with him if he could play a lick of defense or rebound worth a squat.

But yeah. Hard to come out with so few minutes and hit with wet jumpers like everything's normal.

Basketball Guru
    the frenchmen used to be the clipper killer lol.....when we first sign this dude he came in and drop 20 something points on the clippers i think.......the dude has offensive skills and everyone on this board knows it and saw it b4 the coach we have now........

His issue is not being able to hit jumpers. Unfortunately for him, an NBA game is not a shoot around.

He can't rebound, defend, handle the ball, be physical, pass, or anything else besides get streaky on long 2s.

He's got good taste in women though. So there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    the frenchmen used to be the clipper killer lol.....when we first sign this dude he came in and drop 20 something points on the clippers i think.......the dude has offensive skills and everyone on this board knows it and saw it b4 the coach we have now........
    Truth. People on here thought I was crazy when I mentioned that Ajinca has a really good post game. People seem to forget that stretch he had during the second half of Monty's last season. He had to start due to injuries. He had something like 4 or 5 games with 20+ points and averaged over 11 PPG. Solid on the boards, too. He is a perfect fit for a Monty style offense, but he's about the worst possible fit for an Alvin offense. Dell messed up on Ajinca.

Does he start Wednesday night if Cousins has the night off?
    Last edited by Champ; 02-27-2017 at 03:31 PM.

Seriously, who on this team is a fit in Gentry's system? My answer is nobody. So my next question is why is Gentry the coach again?

Quote Originally Posted by Thepeelsessions View Post
    Truth. People on here thought I was crazy when I mentioned that Ajinca has a really good post game. People seem to forget that stretch he had during the second half of Monty's last season. He had to start due to injuries. He had something like 4 or 5 games with 20+ points and averaged over 11 PPG. Solid on the boards, too. He is a perfect fit for a Monty style offense, but he's about the worst possible fit for an Alvin offense. Dell messed up on Ajinca.
    This, he'd probably fit in well with Memphis if they weren't already stacked with bigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    Seriously, who on this team is a fit in Gentry's system? My answer is nobody. So my next question is why is Gentry the coach again?
    Beats me. This squad doesn't have one single consistent three point threat. I mean Gentry had Steph, Klay, and a few decent shooters in GS. He had Dudley, Nash, Dragic, Bell, JRich, Grant Hill, Channing Frye, etc in Phoenix. His Phoenix teams were loaded with shooters. Perfect guys for his system. You know who would actually be a perfect fit for his system? Buddy, if his college shot carried over to the NBA. But that's neither here nor there. The fact is that Dell and Alvin have two very different visions for this team. Just like Dell and Monty did. I apologize for getting off topic, OP

I like Ajinca, he's 7'2 has a good shot and can put up points. I agree with his wife that you can't expect someone to come in for 4 minutes every 5 games and stay hot. He played wel for us and earned his contract, he is head and shoulders above Asik in terms of skill and athleticism. We could use AA when we play legit 7footers and need a guy who can guard them, as they seem to give ad trouble and put cousins in foul trouble. He deff doesn't fit with he try's system, but gentry might not be here much longer, I wouldn't mind keeping AA behind cousins and D mo. We just have to find a way to get rid of Asik, that guy is a waste of size and a lot of money!

Quote Originally Posted by Captaustin View Post
    I like Ajinca, he's 7'2 has a good shot and can put up points. I agree with his wife that you can't expect someone to come in for 4 minutes every 5 games and stay hot. He played wel for us and earned his contract, he is head and shoulders above Asik in terms of skill and athleticism. We could use AA when we play legit 7footers and need a guy who can guard them, as they seem to give ad trouble and put cousins in foul trouble. He deff doesn't fit with he try's system, but gentry might not be here much longer, I wouldn't mind keeping AA behind cousins and D mo. We just have to find a way to get rid of Asik, that guy is a waste of size and a lot of money!
    and what about Diallo?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Man people turn on players fast. Ajinca the last couple of years was a fine backup big. He EARNED his contract. The problem is he just doesn't fit Gentry's system and he can't get consistent minutes.

I still think for a different team he can give you 15 minutes a game as a backup. Situation just isn't here for him, not with Gentry.

I actually agree with his wife and she seems a lot calmer than now Sproles wife was on Twitter.
    Exactly

Thread Information