Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ajinca's Wife

Maybe she can fix up my bad hair.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    and what about Diallo?
    Diallo hasn't shown us anything yet, and I'm sure he will be a decent player with potential to be better than decent. He's 6'9 and people talk about him playing center. It's not gonna happen unless he grows 2-4 more inches which is unlikely. He could back up the 3 or 4 depending on the lineup. Until he gains enough experience and becomes consistent with his midrange or outside shot, right now he looks to be a drive and score kinda guy which is great but we need shooters. I honestly don't know if he shoots a good perimeter shot or can develop one but he's got good size to be a legit 3-4. We will have to see how he progresses, but right now I'm on board for keeping him until he makes that leap then we can decide what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Captaustin View Post
    Diallo hasn't shown us anything yet, and I'm sure he will be a decent player with potential to be better than decent. He's 6'9 and people talk about him playing center. It's not gonna happen unless he grows 2-4 more inches which is unlikely. He could back up the 3 or 4 depending on the lineup. Until he gains enough experience and becomes consistent with his midrange or outside shot, right now he looks to be a drive and score kinda guy which is great but we need shooters. I honestly don't know if he shoots a good perimeter shot or can develop one but he's got good size to be a legit 3-4. We will have to see how he progresses, but right now I'm on board for keeping him until he makes that leap then we can decide what happens.
    The kids only 20.
    He's still growing.
    AD was 6'10" when he was drafted and now he is at least 6'11" if not 7.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    All the people saying he's not getting paid much and wouldl find minutes on other teams... they sure as hell were lining up for him at the deadline LOL

PO teams get away with playing low skill level players all the time as long as those players are working hard on both ends of the floor, and coach can scheme well. Considering the level of 2 bigs in front of Ajinca in rotation, Pels can live with 10 mpg from him.

Thread Information