Pelicans Report

Thread: Brandon Jennings

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!

Brandon Jennings

Dell and Gentry need to borrow Benson's private jet again and convince this dude that the Pelicans are the perfect fit for him right now.

rather him than jack or frazier.
    SIGN A SF

Interesting.. makes you wonder what happened that they cut him. Also a guy that has been known/rumored to have attitude issues.

Just saw that he wants to sign with a playoff team. So not sure he will be interested in signing with the Pels.

Brandon Jennings

Gotta be better than Frazier I'm just not a fan of Frazier he plays hard but is just not very good .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MistaWhoDat; 02-27-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    Just saw that he wants to sign with a playoff team. So not sure he will be interested in signing with the Pels.
    He's a 27 year old PG who will be a free agent next year. If I were his agent, I'd sit him down and make sure he understands that at this point in his career he should be looking for a team that will give him the most meaningful minutes and chance to sign another multiyear deal. IMO, that could be the Pelicans. I remember folks speculating that Jennings was a guy Dell really liked a few years back. Jennings could easily be our 3rd guard and get enough PT to earn a good contract next season. Plus, while not a guaranteed playoff team, he at least would be on a team that is going to try to compete for a spot in the playoffs down the stretch, making every game meaningful.

I would bring him in for a flyer. We can offer him minutes and an opportunity to highlight himself for a better deal in the summer.

He'll probably go to the wizards

Brandon Jennings

He's a player we need right now in the worst way he can create offense and we need that big time .

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We would really benefit from a player like him...but he's going to go to a team well entrenched in the playoff race. Probably not an outside looking in situation like ours.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    He's a 27 year old PG who will be a free agent next year. If I were his agent, I'd sit him down and make sure he understands that at this point in his career he should be looking for a team that will give him the most meaningful minutes and chance to sign another multiyear deal. IMO, that could be the Pelicans. I remember folks speculating that Jennings was a guy Dell really liked a few years back. Jennings could easily be our 3rd guard and get enough PT to earn a good contract next season. Plus, while not a guaranteed playoff team, he at least would be on a team that is going to try to compete for a spot in the playoffs down the stretch, making every game meaningful.
    Thats a lot of logic for one post. You sure you don't want to dumb that down?

And I completely agree.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

He's going to Charlotte.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    He's going to Charlotte.

Aldridge says that ain't so. At least not yet. Wizards still going after him.

Thread Information