Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cousins just earned his first suspension!

Pelicans Cousins just earned his first suspension!

Start collecting on your pools if you had D.C. getting a tech in his 3rd game as a Pel. He gets suspended next game it sounds like which would be a home game vs Pistons.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    That has to get rescinded. Incredibly ticky-tac technical.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    That has to get rescinded. Incredibly ticky-tac technical.

Godd luck on that with his history.

Not sure of the point you're trying to make. He was one technical away from a suspension before the trade. Was joining the Pelicans suddenly supposed to his change attitude towards when he gets fouled or how the refs treat him when he gets into scuffles with other players?

Champ is just proud to be the bearer of bad news
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Until we get a new coach.

What did he get a tech for?
    Same bull ******** or was it deserved?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    A little of both. Doubt it gets rescinded. They never rescinded Draymond's .

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Champ is the guy who just loves to type whatever comes to his mind, and it usually makes no sense at all. Reminds me of SWIMMER on SR.

Total garbage. Like 30 seconds into the game. Complete BS.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Champ is the guy who just loves to type whatever comes to his mind, and it usually makes no sense at all. Reminds me of SWIMMER on SR.
    Thanks! Enjoy the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Thanks! Enjoy the rest of the game.
    It was meant in a whimsical way.

All you can do is laugh. Have a sense of humor instead of being butt hurt. At least you did not compare me to those other knuckleheads on that board.
    Last edited by Champ; 02-26-2017 at 08:10 PM.

How does the tech thing with Cousins work?
    Is it only for this season?
    If he gets a number of techs next season is it the same thing?

How does the tech thing with Cousins work?
    Is it only for this season?
    If he gets a number of techs next season is it the same thing?
    http://www.nba.com/news/rulesregulat...010_04_17.html

Two technical fouls results in an automatic ejection. By definition, that's the most a player can obtain in one game. In the NBA, a player or coach receives an automatic one-game suspension once he receives his 16th technical foul of the regular season.
    https://www.quora.com/Under-the-curr...uding-playoffs

"Earned" is not how I would phrase that. He didn't "earn" anything on that call. He was assessed that tech but it was not "earned" and given the rest of the game, that was not a justifiable tech.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    "Earned" is not how I would phrase that. He didn't "earn" anything on that call. He was assessed that tech but it was not "earned" and given the rest of the game, that was not a justifiable tech.
    Watch that video again above you!

It really annoys me how 5 seconds in the game he's already holding guys, trying to make it look like they're grabbing him, then complaining to refs right away on the first play. I totally support him getting technical fouls every game, since he deserves at least on T every game. I watched so little Kings games that I never realized how annoying Cousins is to watch. And him not running back on defense even though somewhat documented, needs much much much more attention. It's ridiculous.

Champ is more like those other knuckleheads on that board.

I kid. I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by I Hate T.Jones! View Post
    It really annoys me how 5 seconds in the game he's already holding guys, trying to make it look like they're grabbing him, then complaining to refs right away on the first play. I totally support him getting technical fouls every game, since he deserves at least on T every game. I watched so little Kings games that I never realized how annoying Cousins is to watch. And him not running back on defense even though somewhat documented, needs much much much more attention. It's ridiculous.
    I agree. Unfortunately, most Pels fans still have the rose-colored glasses on. At the moment, he can do no wrong. Give it time though. His act will eventually wear thin around here. I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

From a Nola.com article:

Jostling for position in the post is kinda what you do as a big. If anything Adams was the much for aggregious offender if there was any wrong doing(which I really don't think there was). And for whatever reason Adams seems to get a pass for his gooning, no matter if he is playing Cousins or anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately, most Pels fans still have the rose-colored glasses on. At the moment, he can do no wrong. Give it time though. His act will eventually wear thin around here. I hope he proves me wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

From a Nola.com article:

I honestly believe you guys are just waiting to play the "I told you so" route about Boogie. But honestly outside of his positioning in the post, I haven't seen anything negative about his attitude or his approach. He does hustles back on Defense, players in the league does try to get him in foul trouble based on his history (watch the Rockets game Nene was playing dirty the whole time) and Referees do call fouls against him not whenever he is thrown on the ground or fouled. Now all of these may be based on his past or repretation, but that's only showing me how petty and foolish this league is.

And when we have a player like AD going off, this is not end all be all. I do believe next year Boogie will have a fresh slate and less attention and techs based on the fact that we will have more talent around him and he won't have to demand the ball all the time.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information